Looking on to Wake Forest

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;270647]Is that game televised or do I have to buy a ticket?[/QUOTE]

I think it’s on Time Warner. Same channel as App and HP games.

I’ll be hopeful and say we stop our “skid” and come out with a W.

We haven’t exactly played stiff competition yet - but many of the games remind me of “Panthers Syndrome”. At times, we look like we have the ability to hang with anyone, yet struggle to execute. And much like the Panthers of late, we have dropped some games that should have been winnable. However, UNLIKE football - the basketball season is long, and we’ve only played 5 games in a lengthy schedule. There will be plenty of opportunities to turn things around throughout the season.

A holiday and 9 days of rest…I’ll go out on a limb and call a win (albeit close).

[QUOTE=Powerbait;270648]It’s on TV, but you don’t have to buy tickets to any of our games do you?[/QUOTE]

If I’m not working, I don’t use my pass for anyone. Just because I can doesn’t mean I should. Because of ethics and my desire to be able to write tough stories with no remorse, I don’t do that. I don’t even take tickets from people connected to the schools, for the same reason. I’d rather not be beholden to anyone.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;270653]If I’m not working, I don’t use my pass for anyone. Just because I can doesn’t mean I should. Because of ethics and my desire to be able to write tough stories with no remorse, I don’t do that. I don’t even take tickets from people connected to the schools, for the same reason. I’d rather not be beholden to anyone.[/QUOTE]

Mike,

I don’t see anything wrong with using your pass or free tickets from the schools; I would expect you to simply write it up(or place it in the paper) just the way you saw it.

I think we can beat Wake, but they are an ACC team and this game will get some local pub. Therfore (based on history) we will play them close with a chance to win at the end and miss a big 3 under a minute or the front end of a 1-1 to lose by 2.

But then again as over40 stated, I would not be surprised to either win or lose by 12.

Go Niners

[QUOTE=BigTimeNiner;270656]Mike,

I don’t see anything wrong with using your pass or free tickets from the schools; I would expect you to simply write it up(or place it in the paper) just the way you saw it.

[/QUOTE]

Jim will do that, and because he’s working he’ll obviously use his pass. I would be there for enjoyment, and if that’s the case I’ll be happy to pay my way. If it’s TWC, that’s the only way I’ll see it. Can’t get that on DirecTV.

I suppose we lose a close game. We will have 10 days to prep and try “extra hard” vs a ACC team, because thats how we roll, but in the end, we don’t close the deal. Leemire shoots a 28’ jumper at the buzzer and we lose 72-70.

Ish Smith will own any PG we throw at him. Bet on it.

FYI for NNN> Picassos has about 30 FREE parking spaces at downtown location (222 South Church St corner of 3rd and Church) It is about a 10-15 minute walk to Bobcat arena. PS $1.50 all domestics on Thursdays.:49ers:

Ish Smith will own any PG we throw at him. Bet on it.

Sure does sound like someone’s quite the closet Wake fan. Did you watch them any last year? They certainly haven’t gotten any better…losing transfers and obviously a great coach, RIP.

[QUOTE=fishniner;270783]Ish Smith will own any PG we throw at him. Bet on it.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ninerball49;270903]Sure does sound like someone’s quite the closet Wake fan. Did you watch them any last year? They certainly haven’t gotten any better…losing transfers and obviously a great coach, RIP.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking the same thing.

I attended numerous Wake games last year, and as bad as we were last year, we could have beaten Wake. I don’t think fishniner was around 2 years ago when officiating was the only way Wake won, and that was in one of our worst games we played that year.

The officiating will be what it always is vs the acc: amazing calls that assure the acc team gets the benefit.

[QUOTE=run49er;270649]I think we win this game, then lose to Davidson and SIU.[/QUOTE]

Have the 9ers ever lost to SIU? It’s been a very one sided rivalry. I know that has nothing to do with this year’s squads, but Charlotte has beaten some pretty good Saluki teams in the past. Maybe the round ball god’s favor us.

Charlotte is 5-1 vs them. Lost in 1999. I believe the last time we played, we broke their home winnin g streak, longest in the nation then.

Well the good news is Wake hasn’t looked very good against Fairfield or WSSU, and they haven’t played great defense. The bad news is I’m betting WSSU and Fairfield could probably beat Monmouth…

Oh wow, Ninerball49, I feel so much better now with your theories. lol

[QUOTE=49er1;271042]The officiating will be what it always is vs the acc: amazing calls that assure the acc team gets the benefit.[/QUOTE]

We’re the home team THIS time.

Just a question…

The charlotte website says Bobby was 6-5 against the ACC (before GT game). The only win I remember was against NC State in the Raleigh tournament several years ago. The losses I know of are to GT (this year), NC State (NCAA tournament), WFU in Winston, UNC-CH (twice - NCAA and in Chapel Hill). That’s 1-5. Bobby is now 6-6 vs. the ACC (if the article was right). Anyone remember the others?

AND before anyone tells me to google the answer…I tried.

As for the Wake game…experience tells me we blow it. Wishful thinking says we win. We have to hit FTs and not shoot too many 3s (not an original thought).

Finally, just for fun…anyone know Bobby’s record on a neutral court? Seems to me we play horrible on neutral courts. I guess some were home games but when I was in school we were terrible at the old Charlotte Coliseum. Remember the Pepsi tournament with us, UNC-CH, USC, and USC. It was awful.

[QUOTE=49er96;271089]Just a question…

The charlotte website says Bobby was 6-5 against the ACC (before GT game). The only win I remember was against NC State in the Raleigh tournament several years ago. The losses I know of are to GT (this year), NC State (NCAA tournament), WFU in Winston, UNC-CH (twice - NCAA and in Chapel Hill). That’s 1-5. Bobby is now 6-6 vs. the ACC (if the article was right). Anyone remember the others?

AND before anyone tells me to google the answer…I tried.

As for the Wake game…experience tells me we blow it. Wishful thinking says we win. We have to hit FTs and not shoot too many 3s (not an original thought).

Finally, just for fun…anyone know Bobby’s record on a neutral court? Seems to me we play horrible on neutral courts. I guess some were home games but when I was in school we were terrible at the old Charlotte Coliseum. Remember the Pepsi tournament with us, UNC-CH, USC, and USC. It was awful.[/QUOTE]
Unless they’re counting the two wins over Miami when they were in the Big East, I don’t think there’s any way that’s correct.

I remember Henry Williams in the Diet Pepsi tournament we took top 20 Bama and Depaul down back in 91. Since NCstate didn’t have anything for Bama. And, we never got invited back. I guess either ACC or A-10 refs it would turn out the same. We just have to play hard, hit our FTs and no “fun and gun” as you stated. Then we may have a chance.

We’ve beat Miami 4 times under Lutz, beat NC State once, beat VT once. Idk why they counted VT and Miami but that’s got to be what they meant. We’re 0-5 against GT.