Lost in the Wilderness

Wilderness needs to be benched, straight out.

I know this was discussed in the pre-game briefly but it’s needs it own thread. Wilderness brings nothing at all on the offensive end. I know his in the game because of his defense and toughness but my god, he can not do anything of offense. I cringe every time he goes to the free throw line.

After that Wake Forest game in his freshman season, everyone thought he was going to be a star. However, it feels like he has just gotten worse every season. I think he would be much better coming off the bench in quick spurts rather than starting.

I say start Phil and send Anjaun to the bench. That would give us a lineup off Briscoe, Green, JB, Bras and Phil. With Wilderness, Sirin and KJ coming off the bench.

Your thoughts?

Totally agree as this is virtually the same thing that I posted in the postgame thread…Plus Barnett,Sirin and KJ will all be back next year…they need the experience.

I think Wilderness was neutralized because of playing a smaller quick team. However, he is our best post entry passes and is usually strong with the ball.

Orrrrrrrr it could be he is just no good. No matter what anyone says to convince me otherwise, I watch bball all day and everyday and I know what I’m talking about.

If that’s what he is in the team for then heck i’ll go put on a jersey and play. At least I would be able to hit a wide open three and free throw or two.

We hardly ever throw it into the post anyway, I’m sure whoever takes his place can get the ball down to Bras or Phil.

Give me Nickerson already

Wasn’t he responsible for half our early turnovers too? Seemed like he was throwing the ball way or not finishing his rotations all the way out and the ball was being thrown where he wa su[[ose to be.

Orrrrrrrr it could be he is just no good. No matter what anyone says to convince me otherwise, I watch bball all day and everyday and I know what I’m talking about.

If that’s what he is in the team for then heck i’ll go put on a jersey and play. At least I would be able to hit a wide open three and free throw or two.

We hardly ever throw it into the post anyway, I’m sure whoever takes his place can get the ball down to Bras or Phil.

Give me Nickerson already[/quote]

I’m saying given the options we have. Everyone is desperately waiting to have Dew back, but Dew is even worse on offense. Dew doesn’t even act as a threat to score nor does he even look at the basket when he catches the ball. At least Anjuan squares up to the hoop each time he catches the ball.

He had a bad game, but there are things given this group of guys he can do to have a winning effect on the team.

The thing with Anjuan is he struggles and then when it seems the least likely and we need someone to step up he will. I understand the complaints, but given what we have at the position who we have behind him and his experience, I like where his role is. If he was playing 30+ minutes then I would understand, but but he isn’t.

And can we please stop with the Dew stuff? I mean really someone earlier talked about him at the PG slot! Saw that movie, didn’t like it. I love Dew but other than some sound defense, clutch FTs and willingness to do some dirty work he doesn’t bring much. When he is in offense and he is on the floor it is basically playing 4 on 5 because he is ZERO threat to do anything with the ball. I want him back because he can bring depth and help out, but I don’t really want him playing extended minutes at all.

Well said - not to mention he isn’t too shabby on the defensive end.

Thank you - I cannot understand why everyone on this board seems to be on Dew’s nuts like he’s LeBron or something. The guy plays with great heart and seems like a class act, but he is one of the least talented players on the team.

Dewhurst does everything better than his competition except shoot. If the guy could score, he’d be in the NBA.

It wasn’t because Anjuan was playing a smaller/quicker team that he didn’t score… he’s actually playing power forward for us and that in itself is going to create problems.

He relied on his athleticism in highschool, and he hasn’t improved or ever really added anything to his skillset since he has been here. You can blame that on injuries, lack of personal commitment, coaching, whatever, it’s beside the point… I do like his defense and some of the junkyard baskets he gets from time to time, but it isn’t much. I don’t like having a 6’6 power forward that can’t rebound or shoot over taller defenders.

Phil is playing very well and this is his senior year too. With Sherril back I seriously hope Coach puts Phil in at Center and moves Braz to PF. Phil deserves it, and he gives us more on offense and defense.

Deuce
Derrio
JB
Braz
Phil

I like that lineup.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:11, topic:24630”]Deuce
Derrio
JB
Braz
Phil

I like that lineup.[/quote]

I prefer:

Deuce/Derrio
JB
Sirin
KJ
Phil

That lineup gives us 5 guys who can hit a jumper 15’ & in, and 3 or 4 guys who can drill a 3. It’s also very long and fairly atheltic for the 2-3.

And if our guards would stop giving up the lane, we might really be good on defense.

[quote=“punkrockcowboy, post:10, topic:24630”]It wasn’t because Anjuan was playing a smaller/quicker team that he didn’t score… he’s actually playing power forward for us and that in itself is going to create problems. [/quote]Anjuan would be down low on the 2-3 zone not matter what. He was simply horrid yesterday, you expect more from a Senior “defensive stopper.”

Wilderness had one of his worst games ever.

I said it earlier in the year, JB > Anjuan. Will be interesting to see if Dew or KJ eventually replace Anjuan in the line up

Aside from some defensive skills and the occasional timely bucket, I see no progression or value from AW since his freshman year. Honestly, it’s hard to watch him on the offensive side of the ball. It’s a bummer because a few years ago, I thought he a lot of potential but it never panned out.

With that said, we need bodies and even more so, ones with experience. I’d rather have him available to us than not, but I’m not in favor of him starting or getting significant minutes unless we’re in foul trouble.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:7, topic:24630”]The thing with Anjuan is he struggles and then when it seems the least likely and we need someone to step up he will. I understand the complaints, but given what we have at the position who we have behind him and his experience, I like where his role is. If he was playing 30+ minutes then I would understand, but but he isn’t.

And can we please stop with the Dew stuff? I mean really someone earlier talked about him at the PG slot! Saw that movie, didn’t like it. I love Dew but other than some sound defense, clutch FTs and willingness to do some dirty work he doesn’t bring much. When he is in offense and he is on the floor it is basically playing 4 on 5 because he is ZERO threat to do anything with the ball. I want him back because he can bring depth and help out, but I don’t really want him playing extended minutes at all.[/quote]the dew at pg comment was mine and I couldn’t have been more sarcastic

An’Juan can’t handle the Wilderness?

Sometimes I think he doesn’t realize how strong he is.

Do you watch any of the games or just troll the message board?

Do you watch any of the games or just troll the message board?[/quote]