Lost in the Wilderness

[quote=“Niner National, post:17, topic:24630”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:7, topic:24630”]The thing with Anjuan is he struggles and then when it seems the least likely and we need someone to step up he will. I understand the complaints, but given what we have at the position who we have behind him and his experience, I like where his role is. If he was playing 30+ minutes then I would understand, but but he isn’t.

And can we please stop with the Dew stuff? I mean really someone earlier talked about him at the PG slot! Saw that movie, didn’t like it. I love Dew but other than some sound defense, clutch FTs and willingness to do some dirty work he doesn’t bring much. When he is in offense and he is on the floor it is basically playing 4 on 5 because he is ZERO threat to do anything with the ball. I want him back because he can bring depth and help out, but I don’t really want him playing extended minutes at all.[/quote]the dew at pg comment was mine and I couldn’t have been more sarcastic[/quote]

I am glad! I knew you were being sarcastic - just used it to make a point. ;D

Do you watch any of the games or just troll the message board?[/quote]

I agree. Even with a jump shot, Dew would find it hard to make a D-league team let alone an NBA team.

Dewhurst is a stellar player. He is a great rebounder, great defender, and great passer for a SF.

I’ll donate $10 for every game you’ve been to this year to the charity of your choice, 2002. Just let me know how many it’s been and prove it, and where to donate.

[quote=“eason49, post:23, topic:24630”]Dewhurst is a stellar player. He is a great rebounder, great defender, and great passer for a SF.

I’ll donate $10 for every game you’ve been to this year to the charity of your choice, 2002. Just let me know how many it’s been and prove it, and where to donate.[/quote]

I agree with what you say, but the dude is a complete spaz with the ball. I can’t forget one game where he tried run the wing on a fast break he caught the ball trying to dribble and bounced it off his head. He brings a lot of things but he kills us on offense because he is no threat to score at all. I want him back but I don’t want him to see many minutes on the floor.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:24, topic:24630”][quote=“eason49, post:23, topic:24630”]Dewhurst is a stellar player. He is a great rebounder, great defender, and great passer for a SF.

I’ll donate $10 for every game you’ve been to this year to the charity of your choice, 2002. Just let me know how many it’s been and prove it, and where to donate.[/quote]

I agree with what you say, but the dude is a complete spaz with the ball. I can’t forget one game where he tried run the wing on a fast break he caught the ball trying to dribble and bounced it off his head. He brings a lot of things but he kills us on offense because he is no threat to score at all. I want him back but I don’t want him to see many minutes on the floor.[/quote]

Fair enough, I respect your opinion. Everyone has different tastes. I like Dewhurst. He is a “glue guy”.

[quote=“eason49, post:25, topic:24630”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:24, topic:24630”][quote=“eason49, post:23, topic:24630”]Dewhurst is a stellar player. He is a great rebounder, great defender, and great passer for a SF.

I agree with what you say, but the dude is a complete spaz with the ball. I can’t forget one game where he tried run the wing on a fast break he caught the ball trying to dribble and bounced it off his head. He brings a lot of things but he kills us on offense because he is no threat to score at all. I want him back but I don’t want him to see many minutes on the floor.[/quote]

Fair enough, I respect your opinion. Everyone has different tastes. I like Dewhurst. He is a “glue guy”.[/quote]

He is that for sure no disagreement there and is easily the most clutch FT shooter on the team. He has iced many wins for us in his career.

I’m all for speaking your mind, but we’ve won two games in a row… as of right now I have no ill will to tear anyone down. haha

Thanks for bringing us back to the present, CharSF. I thought I had a opened the forum from last March, with all the complaining about players and fans alike.

id bench braswell, I honestly think he doesnt bring anything to the team either. shoot, colby lewis would be a better choice

Is this a serious post? I can’t tell anymore in my old age.

If anything, bench Braswell or JB and bring in Phil. Braz. has consistently proven this year he doesn’t deserve his starting position. If we should start Phil, JB should be benched.

Is this a serious post? I can’t tell anymore in my old age.[/quote]

from the games ive been to braswell doesnt really do much expect chew on his stupid mouthguard

[quote=“GreenWhite12, post:31, topic:24630”]If anything, bench Braswell or JB and bring in Phil. Braz. has consistently proven this year he doesn’t deserve his starting position. If we should start Phil, JB should be benched.[/quote]JB has been playing very well. He has earned his starting role. Phil has been playing well too, but out of Braz, Phil, and JB, Braz deserves to start the least.

Deserves and needs to are two different things. I think Phil plays his best off the bench and Braz has more upside, we just need for him to stick around and develop. Keep in mind it has taken Phil 5 years to get to where he is, we need to give Braz some more time.

How can you take JB out of the starting rotation? I’m not against JB, Braz & Phil starting with Anjuan, Dew & Sherrill off the bench

Hard to start both of them when they are really the only two bigs we have (Braz and Phil). KJ is still getting in shape.

Braswell is a star. He’s in a slump but he may have the highest ceiling of any player on the team.

The voice of reason. I am doubting Braswell’s commitment to learning and executing Major’s game plan though. Sometimes he doesn’t seem to just go after it.

[quote=“eason49, post:37, topic:24630”]Braswell is a star. He’s in a slump but he may have the highest ceiling of any player on the team.[/quote]what makes you think he is a star? He rebounds well and passes fairly well but hr is very limited offensively, his defense is mediocre, and his athleticism is less than stellar.

I agree that he has a high ceiling, but he is far from a star.

[quote=“Niner National, post:39, topic:24630”][quote=“eason49, post:37, topic:24630”]Braswell is a star. He’s in a slump but he may have the highest ceiling of any player on the team.[/quote]what makes you think he is a star? He rebounds well and passes fairly well but hr is very limited offensively, his defense is mediocre, and his athleticism is less than stellar.

I agree that he has a high ceiling, but he is far from a star.[/quote]

Compare him versus Phil in their freshmen years. He was leaps and bounds better. It’s unfortunate he didn’t have a big man coach all of last year, and he doesn’t seem to be buying into Major much. If you check out his scout profile, he still has the same positives and weaknesses he had when he was in HS: http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=1824891.

He has exceptional quickness and rebounding, and he has good post moves (although he doesnt finish well, just like he didnt in HS). It took Phil 5 years to get to where he is. Braswell has only had 1.