Lost

Does anyone watch this show? I have found that this is one of the best new shows this year. I find it refreshing that a network put time and money into a show rather than develop some cheesy so-called reality show.

I have been watching and I totally agree. It is made by the creator of Alias, which is also a fantastic show. I have really like it so far, my only complaint is this “creature” is alittle hokey. I real lke the flashback storytelling, this weeks was particularly good with the wheelchair. Think there is alot of potential for stories. It will be interesting if they start to introduce some more of the survivors as we go along, I saw at least 3 last epi that we haven’t met.

I am a big Apprentice and Survivor fan, but I am growing wary of alot of the reality shows and I miss the solid one hour shows and for the love of god why can’t somebody come up with a good half hour sitcom??? I have really enjoyed Boston Legal so far, even though I was never much of a Practice watcher. I’m looking forward to Alias coming back on as well as West Wing.

Next to 24, this is easily my favorite show on television right now. I am completely hooked on it and last night’s episode was the best thus far.

If you guys are really into it, you should check out the forums over at abc.com. There are a slew of theories about everything going on with the show and some are rather interesting. Some are really out there as well but intriguing, nontheless.

Fantastic show IMO.

Yeah, Lost is easily the best show on TV this season. It’s nice to see something besides reality shows or cop/lawyer/doctor dramas.

I have also heard good things about 24. I wish I would have watched it the past couple of years… it is probably too late to jump in now.

I watched the first two episodes of Desperate Housewives with the wife and it was surprisingly decent.

JCL, go buy the past 2 seasons of 24. They’re great, and addicting. I might not actually watch the next season of 24 until it comes out on DVD. It’s a killer to have to wait a week to watch the next episode.

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Oct 14 2004, 10:56 AM [b] Yeah, [i]Lost[/i] is easily the best show on TV this season. It's nice to see something besides reality shows or cop/lawyer/doctor dramas.

I have also heard good things about 24. I wish I would have watched it the past couple of years… it is probably too late to jump in now.

I watched the first two episodes of Desperate Housewives with the wife and it was surprisingly decent. [/b]

Lost is very cool. Very good acting, story lines and different from anything else out there. 24 got old. The first season was the best by far. Desperate housewives bored me after the first show. American Dreams is a good show, a little girly but good.

[i]Originally posted by C49er[/i]@Oct 14 2004, 10:58 AM [b] JCL, go buy the past 2 seasons of 24. They're great, and addicting. I might not actually watch the next season of 24 until it comes out on DVD. It's a killer to have to wait a week to watch the next episode. [/b]
I never missed a single episode of any of the three seasons of 24 actually...been on board since the beginning.

Although, it’s going to be odd this season with only Jack and Kim coming back. Virtually EVERYONE else is gone from last season. But I’m sure it will still be great.

LutzFan…24 is one of those shows that pretty much starts over each season. There are some continuing character roles but for the most part, you can easily enjoy a new season without seeing the previous one. So don’t pass on it just because you think you may be behind because it’s not like that.

Now, with that said…I highly recommend renting each of the previous seasons on DVD. Not so much to catch up but just because they’re that damn good. If you don’t have time, then just rent the last season so you’ll at least have a feel for the premise of the show. Lost is great but it doesn’t have you on the edge of the seat like 24 does. I always find myself getting mad when an episode of 24 ends because it gets so intense at the end that you don’t want the clock to run out on that particular hour.

Thanks for the tip jcl. Maybe I will check out 24 this season.

Are there any other Sopranos fans here? That’s quality entertainment. I am watching the DVDs so I am only on season 4 right now, but I will get caught up before season 6 starts.