Lunardi on "Mid-Major" (The Final Word)

Although you know, the distrubition seems funny when there are [B]11[/B] majors, just [B]5[/B] mid-majors, and [B]15[/B] low-majors.

In my opinion, if you average 3 or more bids a year, you’re a major conference.

If you average 1 or 2 a year, you’re a mid-major.

If you’re a one-bid conference, you’re a low-major.

That’s makes the distribution 8 majors, 8 mid-majors, and 15 low-majors. That makes more sense to me.

Oh my god, I don’t even give a flying ****. Can we please stop talking about this? Good lord.

Although you know, the distrubition seems funny when there are [B]11[/B] majors, just [B]5[/B] mid-majors, and [B]15[/B] low-majors.

That’s makes the distribution 8 majors, 8 mid-majors, and 15 low-majors. That makes more sense to me.

Oh my god, I don’t even give a flying ****. Can we please stop talking about this? Good lord.

I’m not trying to be mean here, but on reading that post, it seems to me like you just had some sort of multiple personality episode.

Oh my god, I don't even give a flying ****. Can we please stop talking about this? Good lord.

nobody forced you to click and open the thread

[B]Sub[/B], I like the signature! :thumbsup:

nobody forced you to click and open the thread

How could you possibly talk to someone like that who has an addiction?

How could you possibly talk to someone like that who has an addiction?
i'm with ya :biggrin:

The whole point to me is even if you figure out a proportionate distribution, what does it accomplish? If a “mid-major” beats a “major” does it change their RPI calculation? No. If a “mid-major” wins a game in the NCAA tourney do they get more money because they were suppose to lose? No. The term accomplishes nothing.

[B]Sub[/B], I like the signature! :thumbsup:

Thanks, I saw the Clemson bench photo and had to do it.

The whole point to me is even if you figure out a proportionate distribution, what does it accomplish? If a "mid-major" beats a "major" does it change their RPI calculation? No. If a "mid-major" wins a game in the NCAA tourney do they get more money because they were suppose to lose? No. The term accomplishes nothing.

Exactly. It serves the interest of nobody except the Wal-Mart fans of so-called “BCS” leagues, and gives them a reason to think of themselves as higher and better than everyone else. It’s retarted, and it’s why I applaud Xavier for turning down the award for Drew Lavender.