Lunardi's Preseason Bracketology

I know it is just preliminary BS but Joe Lurardi thinks enough of Charlotte to have us as a six seed.

Is it possible for Charlotte to get to play in Charlotte since it is a neutral court? Would it take a #2 seed or is playing close to home an honor reserved only for 1 seeds. I ask because I noticed that he has the Tar Holes and Wake both playing in Charlotte. Worcester would work out nicely for me, although it brings back bad memories of Justice Thigpen singlehandedly kicking our butts back in 1992.

Check out Dickie’s V’s 5 “surprise teams”, not sure its much of a compliment.

I emailed him earlier this year when he put out his Top 30. Of course we were not on it. I told him his list was incomplete.

Oh man, I’ve always wanted to go to Boise, Idaho. :blink:

I would love to have a six-seed at this point. Sounds good to me.

6 seeds do not belong to top 15 teams, which I expect us to be.

Interesting guess. Six CUSA bid predictions, with the following seedings:

3 - Louisville
6 - Charlotte
7 - Cincy
7 - Memphis
9 - DePaul
12 - Marquette

That’s about how I’d rank the conference, though I don’t expect UL to separate themselves that much. Bump everyone but Maqruette up one seed and that’d be closer to what I’d expect, with Memphis perhaps tied with us.

[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft[/i]@Nov 15 2004, 12:17 PM [b] I know it is just preliminary BS but Joe Lurardi thinks enough of Charlotte to have us as a six seed. [/b]
That's much better than his first posting of the season that didn't have us dancing at all! <_<

Quite a cathartic revelation for Joe.
That’s worth an email to ask how that happened.

[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft[/i]@Nov 15 2004, 12:17 PM [b] I know it is just preliminary BS but Joe Lurardi thinks enough of Charlotte to have us as a six seed.

Is it possible for Charlotte to get to play in Charlotte since it is a neutral court? Would it take a #2 seed or is playing close to home an honor reserved only for 1 seeds. I ask because I noticed that he has the Tar Holes and Wake both playing in Charlotte. Worcester would work out nicely for me, although it brings back bad memories of Justice Thigpen singlehandedly kicking our butts back in 1992. [/b]

It is possible for us to play in Charlotte in the NCAA’s. However, under the current pod system, we would have to be no higher than a #4 seed to be able to play here. Those chances would decrease if both Wake Forest and North Carolina have the seasons that most are predicting for them to have. For example if Wake Forest were the #1 seed in the East and North Carolina the #1 seed in the South, then they both would get to play in Charlotte, along with their corresponding 8/9 seeds for the first two rounds.