Lutz a candiate for NCSU Job?

Lowe has never been a college coach, has he?

No. And this move makes very little sense to me. If you’re going to go after the “feel good, one-of-our-own” coaches, why not go after Whittenberg?? He was just as much, if not more, of a fan favorite from the '83 championship team and actually has some collegiate head coaching experience. I just have a hard time seeing Lowe being a great recruiter so I hope they plan on bringing in some quality assistants or State fans are gonna be bitching within 2 years.

Maybe it will work out for Lowe but he’s going from a totally different type of game and athlete in the NBA to college.

Has no body bothered to ask what the hell a candiate is yet? :wink:

IMO this is a good hire for NC State. He was a good NBA coach despite his ~.300 winning %

He should be a good recruiter with his NBA experience as a player and head coach.

He also has the special factors of charisma, etc. that was half the reason Herb did not please State fans.

He was a good NBA coach despite his ~.300 winning %

let me see you defend this statement.

Rick Pitino, John Calipari, and Mike Montgomery had lousy NBA records too. If you don’t have the players in the NBA it doesn’t matter what kind of coach you are.

[QUOTE=Booker4Wooden;172388]Rick Pitino, John Calipari, and Mike Montgomery had lousy NBA records too. If you don’t have the players in the NBA it doesn’t matter what kind of coach you are.[/QUOTE]

If you don’t have the players in college, it doesn’t matter what kind of coach you are. I think some of our own fans forgot that this past year.