Lutz Live Recap

Forgot it was this past Thursday. Usually someone does a recap. Did anyone listen in and can you share some tidbits?

:stuck_out_tongue: I just wanted to have the 13,000th post on Niner Nation :smiley:

That must have been some turnout. O’Charley’s, you’ve really out done yourselves this year.

O’Charley’s is a big-time supporter of Charlotte Athletics. They’re paying $$$ for the privilege to carry the Coach’s show. I’ve always had good food, good service and good beer. Plus, it’s free for kids. We need to support them and I know that many people do, including myself. I’ll be there Friday night before the game for sure.

Highlights of the show:

-Coach started off talking about the schedule. Said there were only a couple of easy games. At valpo will be tough, UL Lafayette will be tough and of course Alabama and at Indiana will be the big non-conf games.

-Tons of praise for Curtis!!!

-Mitchell was great in the Pfeiffer game. He breaks presses with ease. Mitchell amazed the trainers and doctors with his recovery from the shoulder injury. A week later and he was ready to go. Mitch isn’t shooting as well as he was before the injuries, though. People may back off him. He has the speed to go by them, still. Goldwire has a nice shot. Could be a nice one-two if the defense sags back on the point.

-That was a tough game for Iti. And he made a point to say that people don’t realize that. Iti won’t have to guard 6’4" players in our league. That’s the negative of playing DII teams for exhibitions. Players are small. It’s a guard’s league. Would rather play Global Sports as far as preparation purposes but glad to help out Pfeiffer. USC scrimmage will be closer to what we see during the season.

-EJ can play either forward slot but is more comfortable at the 3. He’ll be a tough match-up either way. He’s our 6th starter. His family is really excited about seeing him play. His brother is a Charlotte firefighter.

Next Lutz Live is next Thursday night.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Nov 13 2004, 11:19 PM [b] O'Charley's is a big-time supporter of Charlotte Athletics. They're paying $$$ for the privilege to carry the Coach's show. I've always had good food, good service and good beer. Plus, it's free for kids. We need to support them and I know that many people do, including myself. I'll be there Friday night before the game for sure.

[/b]

That’s great Lefty but they have done next to nothing to market the show and absolutely nothing to make this show attractive to our fans and alum. They are robbing us of something that could be good for the fans. The coaches show should be an event that brings niner fans together once a week instead it is stuck at some TGI Friday’s clone where the fact that “kids eat free” makes it even a worse place to hold the show. It’s like freakin romper room in there.

They do zero food or beer specials on show night, that I am aware of, which is half their problem…nobody is aware of anything going on there, except the crappy food.
Bottom line is that they did pay for the show, however the school or Sig sports dropped the ball and put this show in BAD location where it will waste away to nothing. Now when the O’Charley’s deal is done after this year, they will struggle to find someone willing to pay good money because it has be devalued at that neon daycare center.

For anyone who hasn’t been there, O’Charleys built a "stage’ just for Lutz Live. It’s a raised area and the floor is a 49ers basketball court. It’s set up the bar area and you can hear the show, talk to the Coach, etc.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Nov 13 2004, 11:19 PM [b] -That was a tough game for Iti. And he made a point to say that people don't realize that. Iti won't have to guard 6'4" players in our league. That's the negative of playing DII teams for exhibitions. Players are small. It's a guard's league. Would rather play Global Sports as far as preparation purposes but glad to help out Pfeiffer. USC scrimmage will be closer to what we see during the season.

[/b]

Hmmmm…seems like I’ve heard this before.

I played PF & C in HS and its freakin true. I would much rather guard a guy bigger than me than smaller. Even in youth ball the smaller kids from the Mint Hill teams would give us fits at JH Gun gym.

Iti won’t face any guys shorter than 6’8 or 6’7 during season. Even sorry D1 teams recruit on height alone.

Free food for kids is a good thing. I hate it when you order them something only to have them take three bites.

[i]Originally posted by NormanNiner[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 12:33 PM [b] Free food for kids is a good thing. I hate it when you order them something only to have them take three bites. [/b]
Then you are not doing your duty my man. You are supposed to jump all over those leftovers! I just let my little girl shove them into my grill. Good thing the Picasso's chicken fingers and fries are tasty.:D

:smiley:

I try not to do that… I don’t need more food!