Lutz Live roll call

Who will be at Lutz Live tonight??? I’m hoping to get out of here in time to make it over.

Numbers to call if you can’t make it:
704-570-9610
Toll free 866-570-9610

I called tonight.

I congratulated Coach on the season.

I said that when he became coach, he quickly earned a reputation as a master of "X"s and "O"s and was known for his constantly switching defenses.

I asked why we don’t switch defenses as much as we used to and said that we are just outgunning our opponents.

He said that they still practice all of the different defenses.

When we were not as talented, we had to rely more heavily on switching defenses to frustrate opponents.

Now we have the talent to run and gun against weaker teams and he feels that outgunning the opponent in those situations is the best strategy right now.

When we played Cincinatti without Mitchell, we switched defenses a lot in the first half. (didn’t say why we stopped in the second half).

When we play Louisville, we will probably switch defenses a lot.

He said that he’s not happy with the defense right now and that we have to get better at playing man to man.

When we get to the tournament (CUSA, NCAA?), we will not know who our next opponent will be and there will not be a lot of time to prepare so we had better be good at playing man by then.

Tournament teams will not be easily fooled by changing defenses.

Since I live in CT and got cut off on my cell phone, I couldn’t hear the end of his answer. Did anybody hear the rest of it?

I like what I’m hearing. I hate the multiple defenses in a game. I like a few defenses as changes of pace with One Primary defense.

[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft[/i]@Jan 27 2005, 07:37 PM [b] Now we have the talent to run and gun against weaker teams and he feels that outgunning the opponent in those situations is the best strategy right now.

[/b]

Well done. I heard it. He also said we play more man now because of the same thing…having comparable or superior talent. We played zone vs Cinci because of not having Mitch.

At the end, he said that was a great question. I know it’s been brought up here many times.

AGH I HATE WORKING THURSDAYS. i have only been able to go to two Lutz Lives

Can anybody fill us in on the rest of the Coach’s show last night?

Hey guys, if anyone within good night time reception of Lutz Live can record the program to their PC, we can archive it here on the site for everyone. I got the OK a month ago to do so from DJ Stout and Real. My problem has been getting something decent enough to put up on the site. Out in Marshville, the signal is good in the day, but gets sketchy a lot at night. I’ve tried multiple times and just can’t get it clean enough.

Let me know here or via PM