Lutz live tonight

I thought last week Bobby sounded like an abused puppy, and that was before the Davidson shaming. Is he even gonna show up tonight? If anyone gets a chance to ask a question, please ask why a player like Jerrel Lewis gets virtually zero playing time, even though the rest of our team has shown they cant compete at this level. I wonder if Jerrel just doesnt show up to practice or something. If he works as hard as everyone else, I would just assume see him play. I just would like to hear his explanation as to why he gets no PT.

What time is Lutz Live?

7-8

7-8
I can't go... again. :weep:Stupid exams...

So, is everyone bringing their pitchforks and torches after the Davidson game?

Dang it! I knew I’d need that pitch fork for something… I just gave it to Goodwill two weeks ago… I’ll have a torch though! :flame:

kind of figured there might be an angry mob mentality there tonight…

[QUOTE=4t9er;205087]If anyone gets a chance to ask a question, please ask why a player like Jerrel Lewis gets virtually zero playing time, even though the rest of our team has shown they cant compete at this level. I wonder if Jerrel just doesnt show up to practice or something. If he works as hard as everyone else, I would just assume see him play. I just would like to hear his explanation as to why he gets no PT.[/QUOTE]

Well, he did put Lewis on the court for 11 minutes against Davidson.

I missed the Davidson game, but I have also noticed Ian in but not getting the ball. There have been several times that I have seen him WIDE open and DA is just determined that he’s going to shoot with triple coverage. Where is this chemistry that I heard of?

[QUOTE=ChevEE;205107]Where is this chemistry that I heard of?[/QUOTE]

I got the answer for your chemistry question.

Hey, we’re looking for some explosive chemistry. I’ll take an oreder of that, a small coke and fries please. Oh, and that is to go!

i have a question. why did lutz blame jerrell lewis after the loss to davidson. he was saying that he got a chance and didnt give us what we needed at the point. typical lutz, he blames a guy who doesnt even play. that to me really stinks.

In regards to Lewis, I think Lutz was just grasping at straws. In 11 minutes of playing time, Lewis did not cause us to lose by 28 points.

I am personally tired of all of Lutz’s excuses. Hopefully a few pointed questions will be directed his way tonight.

Wow. Very Very Low Turnout. Tom Whitestone, Myself and two others were on hand tonight. No callers.

Bobby addressed a number of perceived issues.

1st he called out Leemire, DA and Carlos for going one on one and playing outside the system. He says that this has to stop. He also expressed his displeasure with the quick shots early in the shot clock that were bad shots. He says he wants the team to slow down and take 15-25 seconds before taking a shot with at least one post touch. He also said he wants more movement on the offense. Said he is the most pleased with EJ right now because EJ is playing hard and playing within the system.

Defensively he mentioned that he is going to work the team harder on playing zone. He says that they have to improve in all aspects but especially in giving up the corner 3. He is working on implementing a match-up 3-2 zone to help solve this. Additionally he said that our posts have to do a better job moving their feet and catching up to shooters in the corner.

He talked about our matchup with Houston for a good bit. He wants his guys to try and take their time in the half court set because he thinks Houston will get impatient. He wants them to attack their trap because VCU did it and put up 100 against them. He also mentioned the injuries. He said that Lee was significantly slower defensively compared to last year which has really hurt (due to the knee and ankle). He mention that Dewhurst might be out anywhere from 1-8 weeks with the high ankle sprain and that JJ could play but would not be practicing.

Overall I though Coach did an excellent job of addressing the strenghts/weaknesses of this team. For all his faults, he knows the problems and recognizes them. Now he has to fix them. Many coaches fail to even acknowledge the problems. Bobby seems to have a very good understanding and I have to concur with 95% of what he said tonight.

i have a question. why did lutz blame jerrell lewis after the loss to davidson. he was saying that he got a chance and didnt give us what we needed at the point. typical lutz, he blames a guy who doesnt even play. that to me really stinks.

I don’t think he blamed Lewis, but he was pissed at him for quitting on the game with about 20 seconds left. Bobby didn’t want him to stand and dribble out the game. It’s a psychological lesson. Never ever admit defeat. Never quit playing. Every second you can improve. That is why he called out Lewis after the game. Bobby isn’t delusional.

Thanks for the update 49erFan1.

Overall I though Coach did an excellent job of addressing the strenghts/weaknesses of this team. For all his faults, he knows the problems and recognizes them. Now he has to fix them. Many coaches fail to even acknowledge the problems. Bobby seems to have a very good understanding and I have to concur with 95% of what he said tonight.

Seems like from your recap, he only addressed the weaknesses of the players/team. I hope you just failed to leave out that he took a lot of blame upon himself as well. The only problem I have with what he said is that again, they’re just words. He said the same type of stuff after MSU and after Indiana. It’s easy to acknowledge the problems but that does no good if you can’t fix them. And so far that hasn’t happened.

And were you really surprised with the low turnout and no phone calls? 3-5 and coming off a blowout at Davidson doesn’t really do a whole lot to get the fans excited about Lutz Live. If you think that turnout was bad, just wait for the Wofford game. Unless we win the Rainbow Classic, there will be no need for upper level seating.

Every time I get really frustrated with Lutz he goes on Lutz Live and really says things how they are. He is a very intelligent coach. I just hope that he can get the team going in the right direction. For some reason players don’t like listening to him or something. cough DA cough

[QUOTE=jcl49er;205193]Seems like from your recap, he only addressed the weaknesses of the players/team. I hope you just failed to leave out that he took a lot of blame upon himself as well. The only problem I have with what he said is that again, they’re just words. He said the same type of stuff after MSU and after Indiana. It’s easy to acknowledge the problems but that does no good if you can’t fix them. And so far that hasn’t happened.

And were you really surprised with the low turnout and no phone calls? 3-5 and coming off a blowout at Davidson doesn’t really do a whole lot to get the fans excited about Lutz Live. If you think that turnout was bad, just wait for the Wofford game. Unless we win the Rainbow Classic, there will be no need for upper level seating.[/QUOTE]

I still go back to that 13-16 season. It was tough, disappointing, angering at times with Butter, etc. However, I had every boxscore memorized that year and still could not wait to get my hand on the morning (don’t scream) Observer to read the game story and comments. Now, I think its just very hopeless.

there is no doubt Bobby knows the problems, but how do solutions manifest into a game? Someone who is close to the program told me he runs alot of complicated schemes and it just takes too long for kids to master their assignments, hence the slow starts. Of course if you are using JUCO guys, you better dumb it down because there aint alot of time.

I listened to the broadcast and here is my 2 cents.

I wished he would have addressed the problems we had at Davidson a little more and lay it on the line about how we got beat by 28.

Lutz and Matt spent the majority of the hour talking about the upcoming game with Houston. Maybe they think it is time to move on and look forward to the next game, but I think they over analyzed(sp) Houston.
Houston should easily score 100 on us based on past games this season.

Toward the end Lutz was discussing the zone defenses he wanted to run. It sounded good, but now I understand why the guys are always missing assignments. I could not follow what was expected of each player. It varied on who covered guys at the 3 point line. The way we rotate players and without a consistent center, I think he has really got to simplify the zone coverages.

I am not surprised with the low turnout or lack of callers. The Davidson game was more than simply losing a basketball game. It brought to light some real problems with this team and program.

Surprise us guys and go to the Rainbow Classic and win 3 and then come back and spank Wofford. It could help to ease the pain a lot of us fans are feeling.