Lutz live tonight

[QUOTE]For some reason players donā€™t like listening to him or something. cough DA cough[/QUOTE]

Maybe it isnā€™t that the players arenā€™t listening its more that they donā€™t know how to run the plays since they are so dang complicated. I think you can over couch sometimes, he should just let the kids play once in a while.

well lutz does a modified 3-2 motion from what i understand which means the wing players scramble til they get open. the first pass is supposed to go through the post but mitch baldwin got in the habit of kicking it out to leemire or da for the easy 3 really quickly.

[QUOTE=49erFan1;205184]I donā€™t think he blamed Lewis, but he was pissed at him for quitting on the game with about 20 seconds left. Bobby didnā€™t want him to stand and dribble out the game. Itā€™s a psychological lesson. Never ever admit defeat. Never quit playing. Every second you can improve. That is why he called out Lewis after the game. Bobby isnā€™t delusional.[/QUOTE]
Down 28 and youā€™re pissed 'cause he dribbles the last 20 seconds away???

Hell Iā€™d be pissed if he hoisted one. What the matter with you people??? He scapegoated him, pure and simple.

He should apoligize to the kid or heā€™s a *****. Iā€™m beginning to think heā€™s trying to save face and to hell with whomever loses out.

Down 28 and you're pissed 'cause he dribbles the last 20 seconds away????????

Hell Iā€™d be pissed if he hoisted one. What the matter with you people??? He scapegoated him, pure and simple.

He should apoligize to the kid or heā€™s a *****. Iā€™m beginning to think heā€™s trying to save face and to hell with whomever loses out.

honestly given my competitive attitude and i was j lew i would have tried to score another basket anyway. the game is NEVER over until the whistle blows at the end. So, knowing lutzā€™ mentality i would i can understand why he was mad.

I find it hard to believe he was mad becaouse he dribbled out the last 20 seconds

most likely he was furious that we lost to davidson. which isnā€™t supposed to happen so he had to take it out on someone.

aside from dribbling the last 20 seconds away, did Lewis do anything positive against Davidson? I had to work so I wasnā€™t able to go to the game.

aside from dribbling the last 20 seconds away, did Lewis do anything positive against Davidson? I had to work so I wasn't able to go to the game.

I donā€™t think ANYBODY did anything positive against Davidson.

Maybe it isn't that the players aren't listening its more that they don't know how to run the plays since they are so dang complicated. I think you can over couch sometimes, he should just let the kids play once in a while.

um yeahā€¦im pretty sure watching our last few games, all the guys did was just ā€œplayā€ā€¦no offensive sets, lazt defenseā€¦the past few games we look like we picked up some guys for a pick up game who have never played with each otherā€¦and if you want complicated go talk to air force, st louis, richmond and princtonā€¦run and gun and changing defenses is not complicatedā€¦we have one guy here to just try to make the NBA, some JUCOS, and some freshman learning to play, plain and simple

um yeah...im pretty sure watching our last few games, all the guys did was just "play".....no offensive sets, lazt defense.....the past few games we look like we picked up some guys for a pick up game who have never played with each other....and if you want complicated go talk to air force, st louis, richmond and princton.........run and gun and changing defenses is not complicated...we have one guy here to just try to make the NBA, some JUCOS, and some freshman learning to play, plain and simple

Thatā€™s the truthā€¦pick up players at least know how to man up on D. No matter what defense is played, itā€™s being played soft.

At least it was good to see towards the end of the game nothing but newbies on the court (Booker, Ian, Dewhurst, Phaler, and the veteran Lewis). I almost would want to see these guys at the beginning of games. They canā€™t play any worse on defense.

Wow. Very Very Low Turnout. Tom Whitestone, Myself and two others were on hand tonight. No callers.

Wow! I thought it would take another month to hit this low. Can Hamā€™s get a refund?

[QUOTE=49erFan1;205183]Wow. Very Very Low Turnout. Tom Whitestone, Myself and two others were on hand tonight. No callers.[/QUOTE]
My wife and I were there. On top of the low performance is the exam time for students. Lutz [I]did [/I]say at one point ā€œwell, we need to try some different sets and be able to change it up a little more. So were trying some sets other than man and 3-2.ā€ Has he been reading a book on defense and forgot to read past page 3, that there are other defensive sets to run?! Iā€™m glad he realized there are more. The type of way he likes to have guys on the wings a 1-3-1 would work great except we donā€™t have a reliable 5ā€¦ Iā€™m not a keyboard coach, Iā€™m a fan, so Iā€™m just hoping Bobby can figure something out that works. I [I]will [/I]suggest he bench DA once to show him there is a team without him. And that others can touch the ball too.

I still go back to that 13-16 season. It was tough, disappointing, angering at times with Butter, etc. However, I had every boxscore memorized that year and still could not wait to get my hand on the morning (don't scream) Observer to read the game story and comments. Now, I think its just very hopeless.

there is no doubt Bobby knows the problems, but how do solutions manifest into a game? Someone who is close to the program told me he runs alot of complicated schemes and it just takes too long for kids to master their assignments, hence the slow starts. Of course if you are using JUCO guys, you better dumb it down because there aint alot of time.

I will agree with that. Bobby runs tons of sets and plays offensively which can make it difficult for a new player. Even our basic plays have 4 or 5 variations attached to them. Plus the language changes. I think the biggest problem is defensively learning their assignments. Having to work on 5 or 6 different defenses is a bigt adjustment for many of these players. I think that is why it is so difficult for them to pick it up. That is part of the reason why intelligent players fare better early (Jobey and Ian are examples) than others.

My daughter and I were there with two of my friends. One thing Lutz said that caught my attention was I got the impression we were going to be playing more zone going forward. I think heā€™s realized we just canā€™t play m2m.

I am severly disappointed by the lack of callers to Lutz Live, after reading threads that are several pages long. This site is not intended to take the place of that DIRECT interaction with our coach.

If you have questions, call in. Donā€™t just post them here.

NA. Weā€™re assuming that you called in for Lutz Live to express your thoughts that you posted on this following the IU game. You called in right? I hear ya

[QUOTE=MKNiner;205253]My daughter and I were there with two of my friends. One thing Lutz said that caught my attention was I got the impression we were going to be playing more zone going forward. I think heā€™s realized we just canā€™t play m2m.[/QUOTE]
MK, were you in the both next to me? To the left of the pool tables?

MK, were you in the both next to me? To the left of the pool tables?

I think so. I was wearing the burgandy Bank of America shirt. My daughter was the brown haired littled girl playing the video games without money. :lol:

[QUOTE=MKNiner;205278]I think so. I was wearing the burgandy Bank of America shirt. My daughter was the brown haired littled girl playing the video games without money. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I remember her asking for money and I saw that itā€™s like $8 to play. :lol:

Seems like from your recap, he only addressed the weaknesses of the players/team. I hope you just failed to leave out that he took a lot of blame upon himself as well. The only problem I have with what he said is that again, they're just words. He said the same type of stuff after MSU and after Indiana. It's easy to acknowledge the problems but that does no good if you can't fix them. And so far that hasn't happened.

And were you really surprised with the low turnout and no phone calls? 3-5 and coming off a blowout at Davidson doesnā€™t really do a whole lot to get the fans excited about Lutz Live. If you think that turnout was bad, just wait for the Wofford game. Unless we win the Rainbow Classic, there will be no need for upper level seating.

Low turn out is also due to final exams, holiday migration, etc. I didnā€™t think there would be hardly anyone there.