Lutz reprimanded by school

Judy Rose issued a public reprimand of Bobby Lutz for his actions during the Pfeiffer game.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/319437.html

Text of the release:

Nov. 11, 2008

For Immediate Release, Contact: Tom Whitestone

Lutz Issued Reprimand

Charlotte, N.C. — Charlotte 49ers Director of Athletics Judy Rose today issued a public reprimand to head men’s basketball coach Bobby Lutz following a review of his actions in the 49ers exhibition game against Pfeiffer.

“I understand actions in the heat of the moment,” said Director of Athletics Judy Rose, about an incident in the first half of the game in which Lutz, while attending to an injured player, received a technical foul and approached the opponent’s team huddle.  “But a line was crossed that was unacceptable.  Coach Lutz has always been an intense competitor and we are confident that he will channel that energy in a more positive manner.”

“My passion for one of my players got the best of me,” Lutz explained.  “I voiced my displeasure to the opposing coach and longtime friend Dave Davis and I apologized to him immediately after the game.  At this time I would like to publicly apologize for the mistake in my behavior.”

Apology?? For what??? This is outrageous!!! Where’s the apology for shoving our players?? This is about as flat out ridiculous as you can get. Reprimanding Coach Lutz is completely unnecessary and uncalled for. Wow…

Observer = :tired:

NinerNation.Net = :wow:

[QUOTE=gotLutz;358817]Apology?? For what??? This is outrageous!!! Where’s the apology for shoving our players?? This is about as flat out ridiculous as you can get. Reprimanding Coach Lutz is completely unnecessary and uncalled for. Wow…[/QUOTE]

eh, I don’t have a problem with the reprimand, but I would love to see a statement from Fifer issuing an apology. I hope the article will expound on the details a little more than this press release does.

Pfeiffer will be receiving their final check from UNC Charlotte next week.

Absurd.

Mike.

Why did you start this thread?

Reprimanding Coach Lutz is completely unnecessary

Chicken s*** move by the athletic department. Why put this out in public?

Reverse the situation and imagine if Charlotte players were playing overly physical in an exhibition game. Like, to the degree that a player injury looked like a real possibility in the eyes of the opponent. I’m sure we would reprimand ourselves even more.

Here’s a link to Lutz approaching the other team’s huddle (I think): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-85qLSvztnQ

[QUOTE=The 49ers Insider;358824]Mike.

Why did you start this thread?[/QUOTE]

because its news?

Wow, Lutz reprimanded and WH announcing his “retirement” all in the same day!

SI.com: Charlotte’s Lutz reprimanded

[QUOTE=The 49ers Insider;358824]Mike.

Why did you start this thread?[/QUOTE]

It’s called “news.”

So, is this basically a slap on the wrist?

[QUOTE=Hooner49;358833]So, is this basically a slap on the wrist?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Now we can move on…

So Judy can go blow herself.

At this time I would like to publicly apologize for the mistake in my behavior.

Lutz owes me no apology.

/moving on

This is why you put a man in charge of sports. Women whine too damn much about stupid sh*t!

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Charlotte has publicly reprimanded coach Bobby Lutz[B] for going through Pfeiffer's huddle and yelling at coach Dave Davis[/B] during an exhibition game Thursday. Lutz was upset after Charlotte point guard DiJuan Harris hit the floor hard, but no foul was called. Lutz came on the floor to check on Harris, [B]argued with an official and received a technical foul. Lutz then stormed to the Pfeiffer bench and shouted at Davis.[/B] Athletic director Judy Rose said in a statement Tuesday that she understood it was "in the heat of the moment," but that "a line was crossed that was unacceptable." Lutz apologized for his behavior, saying "my passion for one of my players got the best of me." Lutz once coached at Pfeiffer and Davis is his longtime friend.

Seriously though, I love Coach Lutz. This is kinda hilarious. LOL.

Who cares? Non issue.

awesome. My respect for lutz just went up.

Anybody think the AP/SI story is written better? Their story did a better job describing what actually happened at the game.

Charlotte 49ers men’s basketball coach Bobby Lutz received a public reprimand on Tuesday [B]for his actions[/B] during the 49ers’ exhibition victory over Pfeiffer last week. During the first half of the game, Charlotte point guard DiJuan Harris went down hard after contact with Pfeiffer players. Lutz received a technical foul and [B]approached the opposing team’s huddle and directed comments[/B] toward Pfeiffer coach Dan Davis. “I understand actions in the heat of the moment,” said Charlotte athletics director, Judy Rose. “But a line was crossed that was unacceptable. Coach Lutz has always been an intense competitor and we are confident that he will channel that energy in a more positive manner.” Lutz said his passion for his players “got the best of me.” “I voiced my displeasure to the opposing coach and longtime friend Dan Davis and I apologized to him immediately after the game,” Lutz said. “At this time I would like to publicly apologize for the mistake in my behavior.” Charlotte opens the regular season on Friday when it hosts UNC Greensboro at Halton Arena.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/423/story/319437.html

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Charlotte has publicly reprimanded coach Bobby Lutz [B]for going through Pfeiffer's huddle and yelling[/B] at coach Dave Davis during an exhibition game Thursday. Lutz was upset after Charlotte point guard DiJuan Harris hit the floor hard, but no foul was called. Lutz came on the floor to check on Harris, argued with an official and received a technical foul. Lutz then [B]stormed to the Pfeiffer bench and shouted [/B]at Davis. Athletic director Judy Rose said in a statement Tuesday that she understood it was "in the heat of the moment," but that "a line was crossed that was unacceptable." Lutz apologized for his behavior, saying "my passion for one of my players got the best of me." Lutz once coached at Pfeiffer and Davis is his longtime friend.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/ncaa/11/11/lutz.ap/index.html

I’m sure some people voiced their concern to Judy. Personally, I thought his actions were over the top especially because of his relationship with Pfeiffer. But I think it’s all because this is a meaningless game, he wants to win so bad and could see his season being flushed right then and there.

Also, some influential fans/people have had a problem with his sideline antics in the past. Part of his toning down his actions towards refs. K and Gary Williams can act like fools, swear at the refs the entire game. Some cannot.