Lutz reprimanded by school

Oh yeah, I guess this answers my Observer question.

We got a game preview:

ā€¦apologize for the mistake in my behavior.ā€ [B][COLOR=DarkGreen]Charlotte opens the regular season on Friday when it hosts UNC Greensboro at Halton Arena. [/COLOR][/B]

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;358869]Oh yeah, I guess this answers my Observer question.

We got a game preview:

ā€¦apologize for the mistake in my behavior.ā€ [B][COLOR=DarkGreen]Charlotte opens the regular season on Friday when it hosts UNC Greensboro at Halton Arena. [/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]
Lefty drains a three-pointer from the corner!

Iā€™m actually surprised he didnā€™t get run when he went over and yelled at Davis. I was expecting a second tech for that. It would have been interesting to see your coach get tossed in an exhibition.

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with this. Judy was just doing what any athletic director would do. It isnā€™t a big deal. Judy is doing a great job with football, why crucify her over this? I wasnā€™t there but if Lutz did go into the other teams huddle then that is crossing the line. He said he shouldnā€™t have done it, so lets move on. Coach Lutz would probably agree that he should have waited until after the game to address this with the other coach. He basically admitted he messed up and apologized to Coach Davis right after the game.

This isnā€™t a big deal. Everyone handled it professionally and it wonā€™t happen again.

Lets move on.

DOWN GO THE SPARTANS!!!

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;358812]Judy Rose issued a public reprimand of Bobby Lutz for his actions during the Pfeiffer game.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/319437.html

Text of the release:

Nov. 11, 2008

For Immediate Release, Contact: Tom Whitestone

Lutz Issued Reprimand

Charlotte, N.C. ā€” Charlotte 49ers Director of Athletics Judy Rose today issued a public reprimand to head menā€™s basketball coach Bobby Lutz following a review of his actions in the 49ers exhibition game against Pfeiffer.

ā€œI understand actions in the heat of the moment,ā€ said Director of Athletics Judy Rose, about an incident in the first half of the game in which Lutz, while attending to an injured player, received a technical foul and approached the opponentā€™s team huddle.  ā€œBut a line was crossed that was unacceptable.  Coach Lutz has always been an intense competitor and we are confident that he will channel that energy in a more positive manner.ā€

ā€œMy passion for one of my players got the best of me,ā€ Lutz explained.  ā€œI voiced my displeasure to the opposing coach and longtime friend Dave Davis and I apologized to him immediately after the game.  At this time I would like to publicly apologize for the mistake in my behavior.ā€[/QUOTE]

Thats what happens when your athletic director does not have a set.

I love how Coach Lutz has such passion and love for his players. This is no big deal, and isnā€™t big news. I am just glad Dijuan isnā€™t hurt.

Exactly my point ninerteach.

Iā€™m not surprised because itā€™s just the politics of collegiate sports. I donā€™t think Bobby really needed to apologize, but Iā€™m not surprised.

No biggy. DiJaunā€™s not hurt and we still have a season ahead of us. Letā€™s go win a championship, boys.

I canā€™t believe that as much as Judy has backed football that people still bash her. She wouldnā€™t have made it public if she didnā€™t feel it was necessary.

[QUOTE=The 49ers Insider;358824]Mike.

Why did you start this thread?[/QUOTE]

As I stated on the excuses from the disturber thread . . . because heā€™s a sea gull editor.:biggrin:

I stand by my opinion that Lutz was not wrong by going into their huddleā€¦

Dirty play is unacceptable and that was bull****!

[QUOTE=49or bust;358898]Iā€™m not surprised because itā€™s just the politics of collegiate sports. I donā€™t think Bobby really needed to apologize, but Iā€™m not surprised.

No biggy. DiJaunā€™s not hurt and we still have a season ahead of us. Letā€™s go win a championship, boys.[/QUOTE]

This was Dubois flexing his muscle

Bush league on Dubois and Judy

I donā€™t know how BL deals with these pc clownsā€¦really. This is example A for why the industry knows this job is second rateā€¦no support

[QUOTE=ShaGGy;358917]I stand by my opinion that Lutz was not wrong by going into their huddleā€¦

Dirty play is unacceptable and that was bull****![/QUOTE]

Qft

K or dean or roy would of done far more had a team kept playing dirty in a scrimmageā€¦and the admin would not make a peep.

I have no problem with the ā€œreprimand.ā€ In the spirit of good sportsmanship and setting a good example for the students, I can understand why the school thought a public apology was in order.

At the same time, I love the fact that Lutz has this kind of fire in him. It is this kind of thing that energizes the team and the crowd. Lutz isnā€™t out there just to collect a paycheckā€¦ he loves this school and desperately wants to win every game.

[QUOTE=Ruckus42;358906]I canā€™t believe that as much as Judy has backed football that people still bash her. She wouldnā€™t have made it public if she didnā€™t feel it was necessary.[/QUOTE]

And the price of tea in China today wasā€¦

The reprimand was unjustified. Period.

[B]I wasn't there[/B]
Crap. YOU ARE [B]NEVER[/B] THERE.
I can't believe that as much as Judy has backed football that people still bash her. She wouldn't have made it public if she didn't feel it was necessary.

Iā€™m not bashing Judyā€¦ Itā€™s all politics. I understand that.

But **** fyferā€¦

And the price of tea in China today was....

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

2 cents from Sparty: Not sure a PUBLIC reprimand was necessary. I think coach was just being himself (not a bad thing) and reacted to a cheap shot at an exhibition game. Maybe he did cross the line, but he has admitted that so case closed. I have a feeling Judy was ā€œencouragedā€ to publicly ā€œreprimandā€ him and have him issue an apology. Bright side: we are on the front page of Charlotte.com:tongue:

hey spartyniner, who is that hot chick below your profile name? You might not want to mess with her you being freshman and all, she looks like she might be married!