Lutz said that he wouldn't mind continuing the

From today’s Memphis Paper:

[b]If the University of Memphis is hankering for a game with a Top 25 Conference USA team that has become a perennial NCAA Tournament contender, Charlotte coach Bobby L. said to give him a call.

"We would love to continue some of these series but we haven’t gotten much positive response,‘’ said Bobby L., whose program has always struggled to bring top programs to Halton Arena.

Would he be interested in Memphis?

‘‘Absolutely,’’ Bobby L. said. ‘‘We’d love to do that.’’ [/b]

You know as much crap as posters on both board give each other, it wouldn’t be that bad of an idea.

As long the Memphis athletic department puts no strange contingencies on a deal like “2 for 1” in their favor or we’ll only play in Charlotte in certain arenas…let’s get it on.

[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante[/i]@Mar 10 2005, 10:55 AM [b] As long the Memphis athletic department puts no strange contingencies on a deal like "2 for 1" in their favor or we'll only play in Charlotte in certain arenas.....let's get it on. [/b]
I don't know if padding our schedule with NIT-hopefuls is really in our best interest. Maybe if we can get a 2-for-1 deal with the 2 being at Halton, it may be more appealing for us. :P
[i]Originally posted by jcl49er+Mar 10 2005, 10:57 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (jcl49er @ Mar 10 2005, 10:57 AM)

I think the timing of Lutz’ comments in the Memphis paper is very interesting.

He’s put the offer out there, now it’s Calipari’s turn to decide if he’s a man OR he’d rather just keep playing schools like

c’mon, we’ve moved up. CBU is now our exhibition game. By the way, it would be nice to see Charlotte invite JC Smith and Queens for their exhibition games.

You’re alright fsquid. It’s a same the other 99.9% of your fans are obnoxious asses.

[i]Originally posted by fsquid[/i]@Mar 10 2005, 11:19 AM [b] c'mon, we've moved up. CBU is now our exhibition game. By the way, it would be nice to see Charlotte invite JC Smith and Queens for their exhibition games. [/b]
Squid, I'm waiting for the Johnson & Wales U. game! Seriously, we have played JCSU in the past. If we did a rotation of the local DII teams for our exhibitions, then that would be okay with me. It would put a few more behinds in the seats, if nothing else.