Lutz staying at Charlotte follow-up

From Lutz’ letter on Mr. Utter’s blog

“There are a number of adjustments we are making and I will share a number of those things with you the fans over the coming weeks and months.”

My response:

I’m curious to see what materializes from this statement.

Utter deserves a ton of credit for staying on top of this. Thanks Jim and the Observer. Really revealing stuff from the blog, where Bobby addresses Niner Nation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tb4g4psb38

that was good.

i am expecting a good season next year after that

and i am flipping excited

Impressive letter from Lutz. It’s obvious from his mention of Niner Nation that he cares about our opinions on this board. I hope the Charlotte community will also read this letter and perhaps respond by offering support to the 49ers next year. It wasn’t too long ago we were able to fill up Halton arena. Despite the opposition we now play in the A-10, hopefully we can fill up the arena once again and get back on the right track. I know I plan to once again be “ALL IN” and support the Niners and our coach.:clap:

Liked the letter. Alright, let’s see what we got next year then. Looking forward to seeing what adjustments he is referring to. Says he wants to stay at UNC Charlotte in any capacity he can. Someone say, AD?

You made the right decision Bobby! :clap: Now show us what you’ve got!:fastgun:

Great coverage Jim!

:49ers:

:toast:

Thanks Jim ma’ boy!

So how about revealing all the insider info on whats going on (the stuff you were gonna tell us when everything settled down)

New Niner Nation shirts.

lets get some of them made gill

Im gonna pitch it to the athletic dept. and see what they think. I think its a good idea for the fall Niner Nation Gold t-shirts (thanks to jfelt for the inspiration)

[B]KSU GOT OWNED.[/B]

I hope they come back here and talk more shit. Their funny.

GO NINERS!

Thanks Bobby for staying with this program, I can’t imagine a Charlotte game without OUR coach. Great letter and thank you Jim Utter for giving us a journalist who actually cares about Charlotte and our athletic department. I think we are back on track with the kids coming in and I look forward to once again bragging to people about being a Niners fan as I always do.

:49ers::49ers::49ers::49ers:

WOW!!! If everyone is not pumped now, then I don’t know what will make you get excited. This man is one of “us” and is without a doubt committed to this program.
I bet the players are relieved and working their tales off right now.
Bobby staying is HUGE, and the letter is more HUGE. Bobby is an extremely classy guy, and didn’t have to take the time to write a letter to his fans, but for me, that shows where his heart and loyalty are.
Good job Bobby, glad you are back!!!

Now go and sign a few more recruits :wink:

I have mixed emotions about all this. First and foremost, Bobby is a classy guy. Anyone that disputes that is an idiot. I understand Bobby is a business man and “Should” always be on the lookout for other opportunities. His attempt at the Tennessee job was well worth the jump given the fan support, facilities, donations, and size of the athletic department. Salary aside, that would have been a great move. At the time, I would have hated to see him leave a program that was on the rise. The more I look back at that situation, I can’t imagine how much of his decision to leave then was based around the transition into the A-10.

Two years later, he has expressed interest in S. Fla and S. Alabama. A move to S. Fla would be a good move for Lutz because of Big East conference. I don’t think it would have taken him long to change that program to be able to compete.

The sincere interest in S. Alabama is really bothering me. Leaving for a smaller salary to weaker conference just doen’t add up. I know he is looking for the guaranteed money, but if he wins again at Charlotte he will get the money. I almost feel as if Lutz doesn’t have the heart to try and correct this ship that has been steadily sinking since the NCAA game against NC State. I know it is not all Bobby. The Atheletic Department at Charlotte flat out blows with the exception of people like Hummer and Devos to name a few. Come on, where is the marketing for the program. Where are the donations ? We live in one of the fastest growing cities in the nation along with a huge banking center and we can’t scratch some donations of significant value. Alum donations are not going to get it done alone. As Metro states, there are 75,000 people in the Charlotte area that are alum of Charlotte.

I would love nothing more then Bobby to become successful at this school. My only concern now, is this going to be his stepping stone or is he really committed to the fans, players, and school. There should be no extension talk with Bobby until after next season. Perform and the school should payout. In regards to a solid turn around, if Bobby takes us back to 4 years ago then Judy and Phil better open their tight ass wallets and pay for the performance otherwise Bobby is going to bolt and I wouldn’t blame him. This school has lots of money, use it.

I wish Bobby and the program well. I know his heart is here, he just needs to get the fire back that I haven’t seen in the past two seasons.

Go NIners

I can’t believe some of you people are happy that a coach that obviously doesn’t want to be here will be returning for next season. I don’t care what his asskissers say, Lutz never had any intention of taking that job. You can’t tell me he didn’t have a pretty good idea what South Alabama had to offer before he interviewed. I said early on he was pouting and will never believe otherwise. He is obviously pissed about not getting his extension. He wanted to rub it in the face of the people that wouldn’t give him that extension. He felt he needed to show them he can get another job paying decent money.

Please don’t tell me we owe this guy. We don’t owe him anything but the money stated in his contract.

And yes, a special thanks to the Observer for doing what every other newspaper in the country does, report on the hometown team.

[URL=http://www.al.com/usa/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/sports/1176628541120790.xml&coll=3][B]Lutz jilts Jags[/B][/URL], Mobile Press-Register

Guys, our coach had two years left on his contract despite only two losing seasons in nine years at his alma mater. There is good reason for Coach Lutz to think the University no longer wanted him and he had to start looking. I do think he is/was not happy about being in the A-10 (I’m sure it felt like a demotion to a coach who was used to being in the top 3 in Conference USA) and did some looking around.

For our program to be successful, we need to get everyone on the same page and quickly. We need Coach Lutz committed to staying long term and righting the ship (he is very capable). We need the administration to negotiate and offer an acceptable long term contract. And, we need our fan base to get re-energized and start showing up for home games again (our home court advantage was all but gone this year). We cannot use the schedule/quality of play as an excuse, we are in the A-10 now and just like Coach, we need to accept it.

[QUOTE=Ninerwood;232787]Guys, our coach had two years left on his contract despite only two losing seasons in nine years at his alma mater. There is good reason for Coach Lutz to think the University no longer wanted him and he had to start looking. I do think he is/was not happy about being in the A-10 (I’m sure it felt like a demotion to a coach who was used to being in the top 3 in Conference USA) and did some looking around.

For our program to be successful, we need to get everyone on the same page and quickly. We need Coach Lutz committed to staying long term and righting the ship (he is very capable). We need the administration to negotiate and offer an acceptable long term contract. And, we need our fan base to get re-energized and start showing up for home games again (our home court advantage was all but gone this year). We cannot use the schedule/quality of play as an excuse, we are in the A-10 now and just like Coach, we need to accept it.[/QUOTE]

I disagree on the contract. He needs to win first. If he doesn’t in the next two seasons, we need to look at other options.

as I have stood firm on, I think Bobby has every right and deserves to get this thing back on track and I think he will.

Don’t be mad at him for considering 1.8m/6yr when he’s only got 800k/2yr secured here.

the coolest thing about him staying is he feels ownership of whats going on last year and the future.

I was excited about next year and even more so now.