Lutz Technical Foul Discussion

Anybody else as furious as I was when Bobby got the technical, after being warned by an official during a T.O.?

I think it’s one of Bobby’s biggest faults, but he seemed to get some calls going his way after that.

The official stood over near the bench, and did not go to the end of the court as he should have during the time out. I think the official was wrong in that respect. The 49ers did seem to get some late game calls too.

[b]I think it's one of Bobby's biggest faults,[/b]

Agree

[b]but he seemed to get some calls going his way after that.[/b]

Agree

There’s a right time and a wrong time to push it with the officials. The others this season were at bad times and though this one was bad because he was JUST warned, I do feel that we got a few calls in the next 3 or 4 minutes.

Regardless, Bobby has to simmer down and the assistants should help keep him in check.

Everyone at Picasso’s was pretty pissed when he got teed up. It should’ve come back to bite us again.

Bottom line, cry baby Bobby almost cost us another game.

Here’s an idea Lutz, shut up and coach.

It seems like it is his goal to get T-up every game. He should worry about his players shooting 39%.

Bobby is a very smart guy and it seems like his knows we have a chance for something special this year and I think he is really pushing. In the past I don’t think we have ever been under this kind of pressure to win and he feels it. But thats part of what comes with taking it to the next level…pressure. I hope he learns to relax and enjoy the game cause the players need to feed off of him. I was watching and listening to Gotfried during the timeouts in the Alabama game and he was as cool and as calm as one could be.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Dec 23 2004, 12:23 AM [b] Bottom line, cry baby Bobby almost cost us another game.

Here’s an idea Lutz, shut up and coach. [/b]

We got two fouls called on hard screens after his T (which I’m betting he was yelling at the ref’s about since he got the T right after Goldwire got knocked to the ground).

He didn’t almost cost us the game - he made the ref’s realize that they were missing something. You can make the case that he didn’t have to get a T to do that, but it worked.

[i]Originally posted by forDniner+Dec 23 2004, 09:05 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (forDniner @ Dec 23 2004, 09:05 AM)

I was angry that he got the T, but not angry at Lutz. Leemire got elbowed in the face on an illegal pick and was floored right in front of our bench. The replay showed the IU guy raising his elbows just before Lee ran into him. They set illegal screens all night, but only were whistled for them twice. That’s what got Bobby stirred up initially, and that no call pushed him over the top. I would have gotten a T then also, previous warning or not. You can’t let your players get beat on like that and the refs continue to not call anything. Anybody notice that Plav had a bloody nose? I’m sure there was no contact to induce the bleeding. :rolleyes: There have been times I was cursing Bobby for getting a T, but last night I was not unhappy that he did.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi+Dec 23 2004, 09:07 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (49erpi @ Dec 23 2004, 09:07 AM)
Originally posted by forDniner@Dec 23 2004, 09:05 AM [b]

Don’t forget Iti slapping at everything that moved, Eddie firing up shots with 20-30 seconds on the shot clock, Leemire passing to Indiana’s feet, and our terrible inside, outside and transistion defense.

How could such a slow team get so many fast breaks?

I am very unhappy with our coach getting technical fouls called on him. They are a very bad thing for your team when they are playing poorly in a close game.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Dec 23 2004, 10:51 AM [b] I am very unhappy with our coach getting technical fouls called on him. They are a very bad thing for your team when they are playing poorly in a close game. [/b]
I'm not saying I am happy with it either. I don't know what Lutz says to them (or how he says it) but that needs to change. Coaches like K and Huggins can be in a ref's ear all day and rarely get T'd up. I know, I know - they have more of a name for themselves - but when they were nobody's I bet they were still in the ref's ear all the time.

What I am saying is I don’t think it’s right to single out one or two plays or people on this team when the whole team made a lot of mistakes.

Bobby will eventually get run by the refs sometime this season. Hell, he kept barking even after getting the tech :argue:

i think the T worked out in the end. i thought there were many terrible calls, on both ends. two of curtis’ turnovers in the paint were b/c he was flat out being assaulted by 3-4 guys. i also remember when curtis smacked the arm of bracey wright and no whistle. our guys played terrible but there was no flow to the game. the refs would let some hack job foul play on but would then call a ticky tack foul on a loose ball. Terrible officiating. they were pretty fair while being just plain awful, if thats possible

I cursed Lutz very badly when he was t’d up, but it worked because the refs started calling the moving screens on IU, in addition IU went over the back and pushed off all night

[i]Originally posted by sf49er[/i]@Dec 23 2004, 02:13 PM [b] in addition IU went over the back all night [/b]
i am starting to believe that this is no longer a foul in NCAA
[i]Originally posted by forDniner+Dec 23 2004, 10:38 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (forDniner @ Dec 23 2004, 10:38 AM)
Originally posted by 49erpi@Dec 23 2004, 09:07 AM [b]
Originally posted by forDniner@Dec 23 2004, 09:05 AM [b]