Lutz to Oklahoma or Iowa State as an Assistant

This. After ~15 years with the school, he probably had the leverage to dictate that wording the contract. I’m sure it was very deliberate and probably a non-negotiable sticking point.[/quote]

This contract extension was signed immediately after a 20 loss season. No way Lutz should have been given the extension in the first place, and no way he should have had enough pull to force that kind of wording in the contract.[/quote]

This contract was signed after we won 20 and lost to Nebraska in the NIT (4/1/08).

I hope Bobby gets a gig of his choosing. I assumed it would be closer to “home.” Shame on me.

This. After ~15 years with the school, he probably had the leverage to dictate that wording the contract. I’m sure it was very deliberate and probably a non-negotiable sticking point.[/quote]

This contract extension was signed immediately after a 20 loss season. No way Lutz should have been given the extension in the first place, and no way he should have had enough pull to force that kind of wording in the contract.[/quote]

This contract was signed after we won 20 and lost to Nebraska in the NIT (4/1/08).[/quote]
True but terms nor wording ever changed just rolled over ea yr for recruits to feel good

I think its clear after reading Lowe’s deal we made a verbage mistake = to a full years worth of 49er club $$

This contract was signed after we won 20 and lost to Nebraska in the NIT (4/1/08).[/quote]

Correct, the original contract was from 2008 and then rolled over in 2009. The extension was a bad idea in the first place and allowing Bobby to get that kind of wording in there will cost a good chunk of money.

Here is the Lutz firing press conference… Dubois discusses the contract starting at 8:15 or so. He does say that if Bobby takes another HEAD coaching position we are absolved of payments to him (or we only pay the difference).
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=682705171567&ref=mf

I take great pleasure in seeing the village idiot Lee Fowler at NCSU word his bball contract properly while we just watched almost 1m evaporate because a couple words are left out. The weird thing is the school had all the leverage but gave the farm away.

It’s a good thing since he makes questionable hires at best…

Wait, Lee Fowler was the Chancellor?

I poorly executed sarcasm in your frst example :slight_smile:

A good AD would of said “um no” on the HC thing to the chancellor

Wait, Lee Fowler was the Chancellor?[/quote]

If it helps his argument, then yes. As always.

You new here?

Looks as though Bobby came out smelling like a rose on this one.

circular reasoning fail.

Only fail is the ones with their John Hancocks at the bottom

Wait, Lee Fowler was the Chancellor?[/quote] Someone is trying too hard. Gotta learn subtlety.

So you would absolve the University Attorney and the Office of Legal Affairs of any responsibility? Ironically, General Counsel David Broome came to UNCC after more than a decade at NC State and spent time at UNC-CH before that.

So you would absolve the University Attorney and the Office of Legal Affairs of any responsibility? Ironically, General Counsel David Broome came to UNCC after more than a decade at NC State and spent time at UNC-CH before that.[/quote]
There is no room for logic and reasoning in this here thread, sir.

WE DEMAND PITCHFORKS!

Yay pass the buck rocks.

Does the other school have to buy-out his contract? Never saw that addressed but if so, that will make it harder to get a job.

OK, I’m not a lawyer, but wouldn’t the fact that Lutz was terminated by UNCC negate that stipulation in his contract?

So you would absolve the University Attorney and the Office of Legal Affairs of any responsibility? Ironically, General Counsel David Broome came to UNCC after more than a decade at NC State and spent time at UNC-CH before that.[/quote]

Doesn’t fit in with his Anti-judy agenda.

The Monday morning quarterbacking going on here is a grand canyon sized stretch on so many fronts. Metro is the Glenn Beck of invented conspiracies and finger pointing. And once again, his ridiculous reach of a gripe has pushed fence sitters the other way.

You’re either an idiot or a genius Metro. If your intent is to be Judy’s MVP, then you’re a genius.

If you were a part of these contract negotiations, please feel free to offer your insight to the process. If you were NOT a part of the negotiations, then you have not idea how all of this went down and cannot point a finger at anyone.

Maybe Lutz wouldn’t sign the contract if it was not written in this manner. Maybe the Univeristy lawyers dropped the ball in their review. Unless, Rose of Dubois make a statement about this part of the contract (go ahead, hold your breath) no one will know the specifics.

clt says that lutz will go to espn and host sportsnation, replacing the insufferable cowherd.

boo yah.