Lutz to S. Alabama???

Enjoy sharks…

http://www.al.com/usa/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/sports/117628351023510.xml&coll=3

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/kscarbinsky.ssf?/base/sports/1176279609234600.xml&coll=2

where is bear to destroy this gator?

I just don’t see this happening, and honestly I really don’t want it to.

south alabama are you kidding me? who the hell do they think they are to hire someone like lutz away from us? maybe if he was fired and sucked ass for a few years maybe…but south alabama??? i mean seriously lol

Really can’t see that happening.

Lutz could lose every single game next year and still be out of South Alabama’s league.

Lutz could lose every single game next year and still be out of South Alabama's league.
QFT.

[QUOTE=MKNiner;231165]Really can’t see that happening.[/QUOTE]

I agree, unless Lutz pulls a Tuby Smith.

yeah right

Seriously, this is one of the dumbest threads ever. Dumber than the 3 word game. Can we please just lock it?

[QUOTE=49or bust;231175]Seriously, this is one of the dumbest threads ever. Dumber than the 3 word game. Can we please just lock it?[/QUOTE]

no dont lock it…then we look like KSU fans.

I have heard Lutz to Elon…anyone heard that?

[QUOTE]Instead Ellis, who’s been out of coaching for three years since resigning under fire at Auburn, will have to remain content with commenting on the game on TV and consulting with schools looking for coaches.

He recently shared some insight with some members of Kentucky’s inner circle during UK’s latest search, which landed Billy Gillispie.

If South Alabama asked his advice, Ellis might recommend Charlotte head coach Bobby Lutz. Ellis gave Lutz his first college coaching job by adding him to his Clemson staff.

Sources said South Alabama has called at least three schools to ask permission to speak to coaches there: Charlotte to speak to Lutz; Lipscomb to speak to head coach Scott Sanderson, one of Wimp’s three talented coaching sons; and Alabama to speak to assistant coach Philip Pearson. [/QUOTE]

Sounds like one of Bobby’s friends is trying to get him a raise. Judy Rose did mention that contract extension a while back.

That’s how it works in the coaching biz, unfortunately. You’ll only get a raise if the school is afraid they might lose you. Kind of like a reward for disloyalty.

It was never more evident than with St. Bonaventure opening. Every coach came out of the woodwork to “interview” for the job when all they were interested in was cashing in at their own schools. And if I was Loren Hibbs, I’d be preparing to set up all kinds of interviews in the off-season to try to negotiate myself a nice little cash bonus at Charlotte.

Don’t tell Charlotte2002, though. I like watching him in pitchfork-mode versus Bobby Lutz. :tongue:

[QUOTE]Gottfried also said Tuesday that South Alabama would be in position to offer its next head coach a package in the $275,000 to $300,000 range annually.[/QUOTE]
I’d think Bobby would immediately tell the banker, “No deal!”

[QUOTE]If South Alabama asked his advice, Ellis might recommend Charlotte head coach Bobby Lutz. Ellis gave Lutz his first college coaching job by adding him to his Clemson staff.

Sources said South Alabama has called at least three schools to ask permission to speak to coaches there: Charlotte to speak to Lutz; Lipscomb to speak to head coach Scott Sanderson, one of Wimp’s three talented coaching sons; and Alabama to speak to assistant coach Philip Pearson.[/QUOTE]
I bet Judy laughed the day away after this call.

I'd think Bobby would immediately tell the banker, "No deal!"

I bet Judy laughed the day away after this call.

Doesn’t Bobby make roughly triple that?

From the linked article:

[QUOTE]
If South Alabama asked his advice, Ellis might recommend Charlotte head coach Bobby Lutz. Ellis gave Lutz his first college coaching job by adding him to his Clemson staff.

Sources said South Alabama has called at least three schools to ask permission to speak to coaches there: Charlotte to speak to Lutz; Lipscomb to speak to head coach Scott Sanderson, one of Wimp’s three talented coaching sons; and Alabama to speak to assistant coach Philip Pearson.
[/QUOTE]

Nothing like some good mid-week comedy. The only thing not funny about this is that USA thinks/thought this would be an upgrade for Lutz. :huh: :wacko: :blink: :confused:

at least he’d be in a better conference

[QUOTE=metro;231185]at least he’d be in a better conference[/QUOTE]

For baseball, definitely. They also have D1 football.

He can’t beat North Texas though.

Hold the phone…they’re hiring Lutz as a baseball or football coach?

I put my sarcasm meter to metro’s post and I’m not getting a good reading.

He can't beat North Texas though.

That game hurt. Badly. :pout: