Lyerly Another Walk Off

Rob Lyerly with another walk off home run as the Niners win 11-9 over St. Joe’s.

He is a beast.

Thats right----my Piedmont HS boy!!!

Everyone knew it was gone as soon as he hit it. This win makes us 13-9 in conference play, with us being possibly the hottest team in the conference.

They announced anyone planning on going tomorrow may want to get there a little early because of the graduations taking place on campus.

Tomorrow’s game starts at 2:00 PM.

He is a beast.
Fact has been provided.
Thats right----my Piedmont HS boy!!!!!

Piedmont produces some baseball players, no doubt. Look at Dallas Tarleton at Elon. Kid’s throwing up some numbers.

I’m just glad Rob came over to the green and white from the Camels.

Bumping…

Game time on Saturday is at 2:00. They recommend getting there a little early.

His brother is coming here next year and word is he has potential to be BETTER than his brother.

sure wish Rob would stay one more year to play with him

His brother is coming here next year and word is he is BETTER than his older brother.

Well, people always say that about little brothers or sisters of star players. It worked out with Hailey Beam, whose performance in 2008 topped anything Lindsey did in her amazing career. Hopefully, the younger Lyerly will have the same kind of career.

Well, people always say that about little brothers or sisters of star players.
Not necessarily true though. I was a much better baseball, basketball, and football player than my younger sister. :shades:
His brother is coming here next year and word is he has potential to be BETTER than his brother..... sure wish Rob would stay one more year to play with him
This is GREAT news about his brother. Rob still has one more year, doesn't he? Is he definitely leaving (I assume for the draft)?
His brother is coming here next year and word is he has potential to be BETTER than his brother.

sure wish Rob would stay one more year to play with him

Well, I live within sight of the lights at the Piedmont HS Stadium and can tell you Jim is pretty good (Piedmont has a couple other kids right now that I bet Coach Hibbs knows about as well) but thats a lot to ask…I expect Rob to return—do you know otherwise?

Well, I live within sight of the lights at the Piedmont HS Stadium and can tell you Jim is pretty good (Piedmont has a couple other kids right now that I bet Coach Hibbs knows about as well) but thats a lot to ask.......I expect Rob to return---do you know otherwise?

injury years to prospects are tough to gauge, the facts are he has a sweet left handed swing and was a preseason AA and is coming on strong at the end of the yr. His injury was a hammy so its not affecting his swing (say like a wrist injury)

if someone likes him enough to take him in the 10-19 rounds and offers him $50k, that will make a kid think hard. I know he is also a Academic AA candidate, so he cares about school greatly. I think he WILL get drafted, its a matter of where and how much.

Well, people always say that about little brothers or sisters of star players. [B]It worked out with Hailey Beam, whose performance in 2008 topped anything Lindsey did in her amazing career.[/B] Hopefully, the younger Lyerly will have the same kind of career.

Hey, wait, I don’t know if I agree with that.