Maine on Mound

Perfect timing, John Maine on the mound v. Cubs tomorrow night. What makes
it perfect? He pitches the night before the Niners thump UNC-CH on Tuesday
night!! Can’t wait!!!

This is a very rare occurrence, but as dedicated I am to the Nation, my professional team allegiances win out over my school. I hope Maine pitches well, though. I’d love to see him throw 8.2 innings of shutout ball, and I’d love to see him one hit the Cubs… but I do want the W to go to the Northsiders. Eamus Catuli!

[QUOTE=SF4Nynah;315352]This is a very rare occurrence, but as dedicated I am to the Nation, my professional team allegiances win out over my school. I hope Maine pitches well, though. I’d love to see him throw 8.2 innings of shutout ball, and I’d love to see him one hit the Cubs… but I do want the W to go to the Northsiders. Eamus Catuli![/QUOTE]

I hope he pitches a no-hitter.

It’s gonna be a tough matchup with Zambrano.

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/news/probable_pitchers.jsp?c_id=nym

This is a very rare occurrence, but as dedicated I am to the Nation, [B][U]my professional team allegiances win out over my school.[/U][/B] I hope Maine pitches well, though. I'd love to see him throw 8.2 innings of shutout ball, and I'd love to see him one hit the Cubs.... but I do want the W to go to the Northsiders. Eamus Catuli!

BLASPHEMY!!!

GO CUBS GO!

GO CUBS GO!

$crew the Cubs! Go Mets/Maine!!!

GO JOHN!!! SHUT DOWN THE BABY BEARS!!!

[B][U]BLASPHEMY!!!!![/U][/B]

Ugh… I know. I do feel bad partiailly rooting against a former Niner. But like I said, I’d love to see him pitch 8 innings of shutout baseball only to have the closer give up the game winner in the bottom of the 9th. I don’t want him to get the loss, just his team.

But if it were the Charlotte 49ers against the Chicago Cubs, I’d be Niners all the way (and they’d probably have a decent shot).

Ugh.... I know. I do feel bad partiailly rooting against a former Niner. But like I said, I'd love to see him pitch 8 innings of shutout baseball only to have the closer give up the game winner in the bottom of the 9th. I don't want him to get the loss, just his team.

But if it were the Charlotte 49ers against the Chicago Cubs, I’d be Niners all the way (and they’d probably have a decent shot).

:lmao: