Make the observer useful

Seeing how the observer is useless as reading material for NINER fans,I ask this question…what is it good for?

[i]Originally posted by lake49er[/i]@Jul 21 2005, 09:56 AM [b] Seeing how the observer is useless as reading material for NINER fans,I ask this question....what is it good for? [/b]
Oh boy, I think I see another thread for the smack forum.

ANYWAY… What is the Observer good for? Basically, its not good for much to me. I leave my house for work every day at 6:15am. They never deliver to me before 6am. At least 80% of the time, in the past month it has not been seen until I return from work.

The Observer (for some insane reason) thinks they are providing value IF THEY DELIVER by 7am.

To make a long story short…their home delivery has convinced me to become an ex-customer.

[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante[/i]@Jul 21 2005, 10:55 AM [b] .... The Observer (for some insane reason) thinks they are providing value IF THEY DELIVER by 7am.....

[/b]

That’s because they have to wait until they check with their buddies in chapel hill to see if there is any late breaking news.

Griping here will do you no good. You need to contact their parent company.

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Jul 21 2005, 12:12 PM [b] That's because they have to wait until they check with their buddies in chapel hill to see if there is any late breaking news.

[/b]

I heard May ran to the bathroom to take a dump yesterday. It’ll be in the paper soon.

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Jul 21 2005, 11:12 AM [b] You need to contact their parent company. [/b]
Already done.

The [SIZE=4]ONLY[/SIZE] thing I’ll miss is the opportunity for my dog to piss on a tarhole player.

It’s not good for toilet paper. I’ve tried and it’s a bit rough.

Thanks to the internet and Run, who cares?
He links us to practically every single story we’d care about.
Maybe we should pay him .50 per day each. :slight_smile:

It’s pretty simple NLP. They promote and market chapel hill and acc stuff to the general public, but they go out of their way to make sure most of their readers do NOT know of our players’ accomplishments. Withers on page 6, and he is from the city of CHARLOTTE.

Toliet paper?

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jul 21 2005, 12:21 PM [b] Thanks to the internet and Run, who cares? He links us to practically every single story we'd care about. Maybe we should pay him .50 per day each. :) [/b]
Geeze, he's worth at least that much.

Smoothie used to pick up the missed stories, but I haven’t seen him on here in a while.

I guess Smoothie could be his freelance reporter.

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Jul 21 2005, 12:27 PM [b] Withers ... is from the city of CHARLOTTE. [/b]
So is Justin Gray.

Someone said I should stop by today. It must be summer.

[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger[/i]@Jul 21 2005, 02:35 PM [b] So is Justin Gray. [/b]
and featuring BOTH OF THEM on page 1 would've made an impressive story about local Charlotte sports.

The way these stories were presented creates a perception of one being more important than the other.

Yea Mike, Gray is from Charlotte but he did not play ball here. Didn’t Withers do both? Correct me if I’m wrong.

[i]Originally posted by lake49er[/i]@Jul 21 2005, 03:03 PM [b] Yea Mike, Gray is from Charlotte but he did not play ball here. Didn't Withers do both? Correct me if I'm wrong. [/b]
They must think that Withers plays ball in Newell, instead of Charlotte.
[i]Originally posted by lake49er[/i]@Jul 21 2005, 09:56 AM [b] Seeing how the observer is useless as reading material for NINER fans,I ask this question....what is it good for? [/b]
I'm not sure what it is good for, however I know I am getting sick of them littering my driveway with complimentary copies on the weekend.

I’m never going to open one and if the don’t cut it out I’m gonna start driving by the observer and throwing my trash in their lobby.

clt cannot read well. if clt could read, he would read something else.

[b]I'm never going to open one and if the don't cut it out I'm gonna start driving by the observer and throwing my trash in their lobby. [/b]

This is about the best idea I’ve heard in a LOOOOOOOOONG time.

Or, just save up all the copies they send and take those and dump them at the front door of the paper. My sister gets the Observer nearly every day and she doesn’t pay for it. Must be the guy that lived in the house before her.

She hates the paper too (for political reasons), and I’ll suggest this to her.

Observer Editors poll of happy people

Polls are more accurate than angry people. :wacko: