mark packer to...

teach a class at Charlotte. Bobby Lutz is in the middle east so to fill a day of one of his classes, mark packer will be teaching this Friday.

I hope you guys take advantage of a rare opportunity to rip him a new one. Intellectually of course.

maybe he will quit cheap shotting us once he becomes an official representative of the school. then again he may go back on the air and tell the handful of listeners a bunch of lies about uncc students not being very bright. i doubt he does though.

I heard Packer talking about it. He is filling in for one day.

Lutz is teaching a summer school class on Sports in America. It’s the first time he has taught since doing it when he was an assistant at Clemson.

Re Packer. He actually treated the Niners quite well on the air this past season. He defended Lutz and the team and said they would get it turned around. MUCH better than the rip job he had been doing for so many years previous. I still don’t care for the format of the show.

[COLOR=black]“Welcome to class Forty Whiners, I’m Mark Packer, the number one sports talk show host in Charlotte during the hours of 3-7 on nights where there’s a full moon and vernal equinox is exactly 610 hours away. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]I’ve been brought in here to teach you all about sports since clearly you have no clue about it, being Forty Whiners and all. I went to ClemPson and my daddy is Billy Packer, so obviously I’m an expert.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Now the first rule of sports is you have to be able to say that someone, or some team, sucks. This is the height of intelligent sports conversation. This happens on my show every day, which incidentally is the number one sports talk show in Charlotte from 3-7, on odd numbered days and when a male gets booted off of American Idol. In any case once you learn how to pass the “you suck” zinger out like a champ then you’ll be on your way to being as good at talking sports as I am. But not really as good because my daddy knows Jim Nance and he talks to me while covering The Masters. That alone makes me better than everyone else.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]The second rule of sports understanding the vernacular. For example, terms like “throw them under the bus,” and “How bout that,” and “I know this much,” and “they got that goin for them,” and of course, “hey, let’s just go play,” are all essential phrases that must be used at all times. They allow you to say a lot, without really saying anything. It gives the illusion that you are capable of talking sports when in reality you’re just a no talent hack who only got where you are because of your daddy. Now of course that doesn’t apply to me, just you losers her at the University of Highway 49. (At this point Packer throws Fatseed another thick burger so he won’t strangle himself with his leash.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]So that about takes care of it. Your homework assignment is to listen to my show, which is of course the number one rated sports talk show in Charlotte, between 3 and 7, in months that have more than 30 days and when the temperature is over 75 but less than 54. My show is cutting edge sports radio, and never, EVER forget, that I know Pat Croce, Ric Flair and my daddy is Billy Packer. This will always mean I’m more important than you.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Class dismissed.”[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]I freakin hate that guy.[/COLOR]

Re Packer. He actually treated the Niners quite well on the air this past season. He defended Lutz and the team and said they would get it turned around. MUCH better than the rip job he had been doing for so many years previous. I still don't care for the format of the show.

Spare me. It’s calling “playing both sides” which is what silver spoon fed pricks like Packer tend to do. He has disrespected our program for years and I’m not at all moved by his one season of Niner pity. This was only done for “good radio” because it provided a counter/rebuttal to QCB’s constant ripping of us. It’s all an act and a poor one at that. If QCB were taking up for us than Packer would have reversed roles and slammed us as usual. It all makes for “good” radio.

Personally, I’m digusted that Bobby or the school would even approach that worthless piece of shit to teach a class considering his track record of degrading our program, conference and even Bobby himself at times. If I were enrolled in that class, that’s one day that I wouldn’t even bother to show up. The man is a no talent, coat-tail riding, name dropping, arrogant, annoying, disrespectful waste of oxygen. How anyone here can listen to him and actually enjoy it is beyond my level of comprehension. I’d rather listen to dead air which would be far more entertaining than listening to his Hee Haw version of talk radio. If a deadly tornado ever blows through this area, he’ll lose half of his listeners from all the single-wide trailers being ripped apart.

I’m torn… do I applaud MK or JCL? MK’s parodies are top notch, but JCL built to a quick crescendo of well deserved evisceration. The storyteller or the surgeon? Tough choice, I tellya:

[QUOTE=MKNiner]So that about takes care of it. Your homework assignment is to listen to my show, which is of course the number one rated sports talk show in Charlotte, between 3 and 7, in months that have more than 30 days and when the temperature is over 75 but less than 54. My show is cutting edge sports radio, and never, EVER forget, that I know Pat Croce, Ric Flair and my daddy is Billy Packer. This will always mean I’m more important than you.

Class dismissed."

I freakin hate that guy.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jcl49er]The man is a no talent, coat-tail riding, name dropping, arrogant, annoying, disrespectful waste of oxygen. How anyone here can listen to him and actually enjoy it is beyond my level of comprehension. I’d rather listen to dead air which would be far more entertaining than listening to his Hee Haw version of talk radio. If a deadly tornado ever blows through this area, he’ll lose half of his listeners from all the single-wide trailers being ripped apart[/QUOTE]

Either way, Fudge sucks. There’s no doubt about it. D.J. Stout, Sirius & XM can all thank that no talent hack for moving this particular segment of the market to satellite radio.

In a way, I guess I owe Fudge Jr. for finally giving me the excuse to move. Whaddya know? The glass really is half full.

I don’t disagree with you JCL but how bad would it be for the image of Charlotte athletics if the host of a two-state syndicated sports show based in Charlotte was slamming our program on a regular basis (like he used to)??? I would much rather it be QCB. Not everyone knows it’s an act. Cornbread and positive comments heard around the state mean a lot.

Mark must be excited about this. First, he beat out Radio Lider and La Tremenda in a heated radio race for the 16th place in the nations 35th largest radio market and now this. Wow, his career has really taken off. I guess that shows all of us who thought Mark was only riding his Dad’s coat tails.

I don't disagree with you JCL but how bad would it be for the image of Charlotte athletics if the host of a two-state syndicated sports show based in Charlotte was slamming our program on a regular basis (like he used to)??? I would much rather it be QCB. Not everyone knows it's an act. Cornbread and positive comments heard around the state mean a lot.

My point was that Fudge changed his position only to provide a counter to QCB. If you think that Packer’s positive comments towards our program are genuine, then he has you fooled. If QCB started to be pro-49er, then Packer would quickly resort back to his condescending and belittling ways. And the fact that he allows QCB to rip us apart (even if it’s in jest) is just as bad as him saying it himself. This is the same station that carries our games but yet their employees are allowed to ridicule us. I certainly don’t take QCB serious but I still find it in poor taste to mock the program that pays you money to broadcast their games.

For any Niner fan to support that show in any way, shape or form is ridiculous. I’ll listen to the MSP on the rare occasion I listen to local radio but that’s about program on that station I’ll support. Gary may be a Tarheel homer but at least he respects our program enough to promote it in a positive manner. And he’s genuine in doing so.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;174655]My point was that Fudge changed his position [I]only [/I]to provide a counter to QCB. If you think that Packer’s positive comments towards our program are genuine, then he has you fooled. If QCB started to be pro-49er, then Packer would quickly resort back to his condescending and belittling ways. And the fact that he allows QCB to rip us apart (even if it’s in jest) is just as bad as him saying it himself. This is the same station that carries our games but yet their employees are allowed to ridicule us. I certainly don’t take QCB serious but I still find it in poor taste to mock the program that pays you money to broadcast their games.

For any Niner fan to support that show in any way, shape or form is ridiculous. I’ll listen to the MSP on the rare occasion I listen to local radio but that’s about program on that station I’ll support. Gary may be a Tarheel homer but at least he respects our program enough to promote it in a positive manner. And he’s genuine in doing so.[/QUOTE]

I fully understand his gig. My point is he is heard across the state. I could care less what his true feelings are. It’s all about what he says on the radio since he does have a lot of listeners. It’s the sports fan demographic and in Charlote, it’s potential customers.

[QUOTE=MKNiner;174634]The second rule of sports understanding the vernacular. For example, terms like “throw them under the bus,” and “How bout that,” and “I know this much,” and “they got that goin for them,” and of course, “hey, let’s just go play,” are all essential phrases that must be used at all times. They allow you to say a lot, without really saying anything. It gives the illusion that you are capable of talking sports when in reality you’re just a no talent hack who only got where you are because of your daddy. Now of course that doesn’t apply to me, just you losers her at the University of Highway 49. (At this point Packer throws Fatseed another thick burger so he won’t strangle himself with his leash[/QUOTE]

Classic…

Some of the worst “packerisms” are…

“world famous harley dog”…we get it…you have a dog that you love a lot…move on already…

“thats why you lace’em up”…wow…insightful…

and the absolute worst…make you want to shoot yourself in the face “packerism” has to be…

“fresbee catching dogs”…they are freaking wide receivers you IDIOT!!!

I fully understand his gig. My point is he is heard across the state. I could care less what his true feelings are. It's all about what he says on the radio since he does have a lot of listeners. It's the sports fan demographic and in Charlote, it's potential customers.

Which is precisely why you should be disgusted by him whether he’s ripping us or allowing QCB to. It’s Packer’s show and he controls the content. QCB may be the current anti-Niner voice on there but it’s only because Packer allows it and is amused by it. Who does the ripping on there is irrelevant because it all stems back to Mark. QCB isn’t stating anything that Packer doesn’t agree with off the air.

Packer’s job is to stir the pot with all sports fans…He one day defends a school to the next day bashing it.I’ve heard him do it to almost every school…I don’t put too much into it since I know it’s what he does to get ratings…He wouldn’t have a job if all he did was talk about how great a school was…Just look at some of the national sports talk shows…(Rome,Cowherd,etc)…They do the same thing by nashing people and schools…find me a sports talk radio show that doesn’t bash …lol…It’s all about ratings…