Marquette...Depaul

Watching this game tonight i’ve seen exactly what I expected…Marquette has trouble with athletic teams that go hard at the glass…Greer looks exactly like I expected Curtis to this year,he can hit from inside and out,and draw fouls.Travis still throws the ball away a lot,and like someone posted earlier,if you put a bigger guy on him and stick tight…he gets frustrated. And Novak is only deadly if allowed to sit behind screens and fire away.If we play him like cinci played Plavich,he won’t be a concern.I’d actually rather be playing Marquette than Depaul…Oh,by the way…I love that idea of getting Martin suited up for Marquette…are trades allowed in college?

What really disturbs me is watching us have to play another upper-tier C-USA team following a loss. at home. We better show up motivated or we’ll be in a slump.

Marquette is going the wrong way, how they made the top 25 baffles me and a lot of other people. They will not win another game till southern miss goes to milwaukee. You heard it here first.

The loser of saturdays game is NIT bound.

[i]Originally posted by lucky57[/i]@Jan 20 2005, 10:51 PM [b] The loser of saturdays game is NIT bound. [/b]
That may not be a far-fetched statement actually. This game is huge for many reasons.

The warrior/eagles are wayyyyyyy overrated. They looked very ordinary. But, then again we looked like crap on national TV too. We can and NEED to beat them tomorrow. If we don’t, we’ll have to win the tourney to escape an NIT fate.

[b]looks exactly like I expected Curtis to this year,he can hit from inside and out,and draw fouls[/b]
I was thinking the exact same thing watching Greer play last night. Hope Curt watched it too.

Greer is finally living up to hype he had when we were recruiting him hard. He looks like a very good player.

IMHO - after watching that game last night, it appears that if we can rotate Baldwin, Lee & Basden (Eddie for a bigger,stronger challenge) on Diener and frustrate him then they break down enough that we should be able to take them. Depaul got a lot of mileage out of making his life miserable with big atheltic guards defending him, hands constantly swatting at the ball, staying in his shorts all night, etc.

Hopefully, we shake off the Cincy loss and come out ready to play.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 08:25 AM [b] Hopefully, we shake off the Cincy loss and come out ready to play. [/b]
Well, on the bright side, it wasn't one of those last second, 1 point, heartbreaking losses on Wednesday so there should be no emotional baggage spilling over into this game. We should come out with some energy and ready to play. And it certainly helps that Marquette is coming off short rest.

With Mejia back, DePaul looks like a contender for the CUSA crown once again. Their schedule is very favorable, as they get Cincy and Louisville at home. Their tough road games are Memphis, Marquette, us, and UAB, all games that I’m sure they feel they can win. Fortunately, we get them at Halton.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er+Jan 21 2005, 07:13 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (jcl49er @ Jan 21 2005, 07:13 AM)
[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 08:35 AM [b] We should come out with some energy and ready to play. [/b]
We should!! We didn't seem to use much in the sincy game.