Martin Iti Against Duke

Just a little FYI on Mr. Iti with his recent game against Duke. 4 points, 2 rebounds, and… he fouled out with 7 minutes left in the game. It is sad that his career never took off. The only thing I can think of is he is simply not teachable.

[QUOTE=MeanGreen;268477]Just a little FYI on Mr. Iti with his recent game against Duke. 4 points, 2 rebounds, and… he fouled out with 7 minutes left in the game. It is sad that his career never took off. The only thing I can think of is he is simply not teachable.[/QUOTE]

Iti had too many handlers telling him that he was better than he was and what he should be doing/ how he should be playing. I honestly feel bad for the kid, given time with a good coach and no outside influence who knows where he’d be.

remember when he declared himself eligible for the draft after 1 year, and was widely considered the worst player to ever do so.

For the umteenth time, why is this important? Can we please move along from discussing Martn Iti? He’s just someone who passed through here.

For the umteenth time, why is this important? Can we please move along from discussing Martn Iti? He's just someone who passed through here.

I like pointless nostalgia.

[QUOTE=donkeyjaws;268482]remember when he declared himself eligible for the draft after 1 year, and was widely considered the worst player to ever do so.[/QUOTE]

I flipped to the duke game for a min during a timout and they brought that up. Said whoever he was listening to wasn’t very smart.

I laughed out lound.

[QUOTE=donkeyjaws;268482]remember when he declared himself eligible for the draft after 1 year, and was widely considered the worst player to ever do so.[/QUOTE]

I’m not a Martin homer, but there have been much worse high school guys to declare.

[QUOTE=HomeinHalton;268700]I’m not a Martin homer, but there have been much worse high school guys to declare.[/QUOTE]

HIH, you are correct – he’s not the worst ever to declare. Not even close! :tongue:

HIH, you are correct -- he's not the worst ever to declare. Not even close! :tongue:
Yeah there have certainly been some guys who declared and ruined their careers because of it. That why the one year rule is such a good thing, make sure these guys can play against college talent let alone NBA talent.
Just a little FYI on Mr. Iti with his recent game against Duke. 4 points, 2 rebounds, and....... he fouled out with 7 minutes left in the game. It is sad that his career never took off. The only thing I can think of is he is simply not teachable.

The biggest problem with Iti, in my opinion is he was lazy. It was obvious by watching him on the floor that he never worked on his game. He had the same physique and horribly pathetic shot from the time he started at Charlotte until he left. And there weren’t too many worse than him to declare to the draft. At least he didn’t get an agent. He might have had people telling him this way and that, but his biggest problem, in my view of it all, was he thought he was special. Oh, and another thing. Who cares? Iti will never make anything out of himself in basketball. Good riddence.

Martin who?

Sorry, I don’t remember anyone named Iti.

[QUOTE=Submarley734;268761]Iti will never make anything out of himself in basketball.[/QUOTE]

That’s what we all thought about another former Australian center who suited up for us also. He’s not in the NBA, but he hasn’t done to bad for himself. To my recollection, he got very little playing time at all during his tenure here.

[URL=http://www.eurobasket.lt/zaidejas-5308-Wade-Helliwell.html][B][U][COLOR=Green]Eurobasket: Wade Helliwell[/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL]

[QUOTE=X-49er;268879]That’s what we all thought about another former Australian center who suited up for us also. He’s not in the NBA, but he hasn’t done to bad for himself. To my recollection, he got very little playing time at all during his tenure here.

[URL=http://www.eurobasket.lt/zaidejas-5308-Wade-Helliwell.html][B][U][COLOR=Green]Eurobasket: Wade Helliwell[/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL][/QUOTE]

According to that site Helliwell played for North Carolina. :huh:

Ahhh Wade Helliwell… the “Thunder from Down Under”. His best game was a 20+ point performance against Davidson… back when Davidson sucked.

[QUOTE=VA49er;268890]According to that site Helliwell played for North Carolina. :huh: [/QUOTE]

I noticed that too. If it had been a four-year player for us I might have tried to get it corrected.

[QUOTE=NormanNiner]Ahhh Wade Helliwell… the “Thunder from Down Under”. His best game was a 20+ point performance against Davidson… back when Davidson sucked. [/QUOTE]

The year he “played” for us was the only year I didn;t have season tickets since I graduated. I could be wrong, but I’m not sure if he scored double-digits again that season.

i wish we had helliwell on the team the past 2 years.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;269026]saying something over and over doesn’t make it true.[/QUOTE]
you mean like saying over and over that you don’t do pre-game articles? then giving your blue fairies a half page pre-game today?