Martin Village Demo

I spent one, very drunk year there… Back when it was doodie brown.

Ahh memories. Spent two intoxicated years in P-203 with Deez49er and a couple other good friends.

Haha, that’s the building I lived in for summer school. Summer school roommates were the weirdest. I had an exchange student from China who was afraid the government was going to come after us after I ripped one of his CDs, and then I came back one weekend to find that he had been using the recycle bin to dispose of old food. There were maggots everywhere. I think I said something like, “this is why the life expectancy in your country is 48.”

A lot of memories, but I can’t say I’ll miss it.

I actually spent the past year in P-203 as well. Great times, shame they are tearing it down but I understand the reasons. Will miss it for sure.

It was a dump in 98 when I lived there, can only imagine it now…
I was on the bottom floor and remember peeling up a perfect divot out of the carpet with a pitching wedge… They just glued that shit carpet to the floor…
Matrin Village had the best Wiffleball spot on campus, the building made a natural diamond… Skipped many a class to play in some epic games there

I lived in P-204 back in my student days

I always thought that area was pretty ugly. Glad it’s going away. They need to build something that will blend in and incorporate the gardens better.

Also, get rid of that horrible cement “amphitheater” and prison-like cafeteria.

Don’t dis the CAB dude.

Don’t dis the CAB dude.[/quote]

I can’t help it. That part of campus was by far the worst. It needed a revamp BAD.

So do they have a plan for the area yet?

Don’t dis the CAB dude.[/quote]

I can’t help it. That part of campus was by far the worst. It needed a revamp BAD.

So do they have a plan for the area yet?[/quote]

Yes. First off the cafeteria in the building, the CAB, is dead. Been that way for a while. It’s now just an Outtakes. Secondly they are planning on building a new residence hall (or something of the like) on the field directly across from Hawthorn. I don’t remember the exact specs of it but it does look really nice.