Marvel, worst to best movies list

From an article on Rotten Tomatoes, they list the worst to best Marvel Comics movies. I don’t have too many disagreements with the list. Except I would probably place Blade higher/better.

[URL]http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/xmen/news/1817540/total_recall_marvel_comics_movies_worst_to_best[/URL]

1. Elektra
  2. Howard the Duck
  3. Punisher: War Zone
  4. Fantastic Four
  5. Ghost Rider
  6. Blade: Trinity
  7. The Punisher
  8. The Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
  9. Daredevil
  10. Blade
  11. X-Men: The Last Stand
  12. Blade 2
  13. Hulk
  14. Spider Man 3
  15. The Incredible Hulk
  16. X-Men
  17. X2: X-Men United
  18. Spider Man
  19. Iron Man
  20. Spider Man 2

Spider-Man 2 would be way further down the list. I think it would be X2, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Incredible Hulk and X-Men for my top 5, in that order.

[QUOTE=Normmm;406296]From an article on Rotten Tomatoes, they list the worst to best Marvel Comics movies. I don’t have too many disagreements with the list. Except I would probably place Blade higher/better.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/xmen/news/1817540/total_recall_marvel_comics_movies_worst_to_best

1. Elektra
    [B][SIZE=7][COLOR=Red]19. Howard the Duck[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
  2. Punisher: War Zone
  3. Fantastic Four
  4. Ghost Rider
  5. Blade: Trinity
  6. The Punisher
  7. The Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
  8. Daredevil
  9. Blade
  10. X-Men: The Last Stand
  11. Blade 2
  12. Hulk
  13. Spider Man 3
  14. The Incredible Hulk
  15. X-Men
  16. X2: X-Men United
  17. Spider Man
  18. Iran Man
  19. Spider Man 2[/QUOTE]

As far as I’m concerned this is a Clissic!

Went to see Wolverine. Lots of action. I liked it better than X3.

From an article on Rotten Tomatoes, they list the worst to best Marvel Comics movies. I don't have too many disagreements with the list. Except I would probably place Blade higher/better.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/xmen/news/1817540/total_recall_marvel_comics_movies_worst_to_best

1. Elektra
  2. Howard the Duck
  3. Punisher: War Zone
  4. Fantastic Four
  5. Ghost Rider
  6. Blade: Trinity
  7. The Punisher
  8. The Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
  9. Daredevil
  10. Blade
  12. Blade 2
  13. Hulk
  14. Spider Man 3
  15. The Incredible Hulk
  16. X-Men
  17. X2: X-Men United
  18. Spider Man
  19. [SIZE=6]Iran Man[/SIZE]
  20. Spider Man 2

I haven’t seen that movie…

Iron man was pretty good though

I think the first Blade is very unrated and should be closer to the top. The Hulk is one of my favorite comic book characters of all time but “Hulk” (2003) was one of the worst movies i’ve seen and definitely should be lower than #8.

Ghost Rider is one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen in my entire life.

[QUOTE=casstommy;406308]Ghost Rider is one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen in my entire life.[/QUOTE]

It should be dead last.

I think the first Blade is very unrated and should be closer to the top. The Hulk is one of my favorite comic book characters of all time but "Hulk" (2003) was one of the worst movies i've seen and definitely should be lower than #8.

Exactly what I was thinking too.

Daredevil and Elektra are pretty awful too.

Of the ones I have seen.

1. The Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
  2. X-Men: The Last Stand
  3. Blade: Trinity
  4. The Punisher
  5. Spider-Man 3
  6. Daredevil
  7. Blade
  8. Hulk
  9. Spider-Man
  10. The Incredible Hulk
  11. X-Men
  12. X2: X-Men United
  13. Blade 2
  14. Spider-Man 2
  15. Iron Man

Blade 2 is very close with Spider-Man 2, I think Blade 2 is an absolutely fantastic popcorn flick.

Here’s my list:

1. Iron Man
  2. X-Men
  3. Spider Man
  4. The Incredible Hulk
  5. X2: X-Men United
  6. Spider Man 2
  7. Blade
  8. Blade 2
  9. Blade Trinity
  10. Spider Man 3
  12. Hulk
  13. Daredevil
  14. Fantastic Four
  15. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

I didn’t see the others.

I can’t believe they have Spidey 3 that high up, better than Blade? That movie was a joke.

Yeah I would put Blade a little higher, the second 2 were very hokey but the first was intresting and well done. Still believe Spiderman was better than spiderman 2. Iran Man was defeated far to quickly by UAE Man and everyones favorite Pakistan Man.

I guess I’m one of the few that thought Daredevil wasn’t that bad. I think X-Men set the bar for how comic movies should be made, but I think it has since been surpassed. Spidey 3 was a mess; Venom of all characters should not have had to share the spotlight with Sandman and Green Goblin Jr. And the dark Peter Parker dancing in a bar was a joke.

1 X2: X-Men United
2 Spider Man
3 Iron Man
4 X-Men
5 Spider Man 2
6 The Incredible Hulk
7 Blade
8 Hulk
9 Daredevil
10 The Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
11 Blade: Trinity
12 X-Men: The Last Stand
13 Spider Man 3
14 Fantastic Four
15 Blade 2
16 The Punisher
17 Ghost Rider

When Spider Man 3 is #7 on a best of list, you’ve made too many superhero movies.

[B][SIZE=4]FTW[/SIZE][/B]

Now I’m going to have to rent X-Men 2 … which I never saw.

I thought Spiderman 2 was pretty terrible, actually. The whole “climactic” scene with the small sun or whatever the hell Doc Ock made for whatever reason was just a giant letdown. I thought the first Spiderman was a lot better with more interesting characters.

Iron Man and Incredible Hulk were cool popcorn flicks with awesome casting. In some ways, I kind of wish the films allowed their cast to really show off their acting chops (the helicopter scene with Edward Norton interacting with the other cast members while in handcuffs and with increasing dramatic tension had enormous potential. The scene was still pretty good but it could have been taken to a whole different level imo.)

fwiw - I saw Wolverine over the weekend and it was a hoot. I came in with low expectations that were lowered by the bad child actors in the very beginning. But it was good.

You know what it reminded me of? Have you ever been at a summertime barbecue and the people inside watching the baseball/football game or whatever will change the channel to Spike when the game is over … and the whole mood in the room changes when the raddest 80s action film starring Schwartzenegger/Chuck Norris/Stallone is playing? And then someone will yell out to the people eating their ribs outside to come inside and enjoy a favorite scene or two or ten? Wolverine came close to matching that feeling.

The old couple/barn scenes sold me. Mere mortal films would have had the characters ask the obvious questions like, “I notice dog tags, are you in the military?” or “Would you like to bunk up on the floor in the kitchen instead of outside in the freezing cold of Canada?” or “Thanks for the clothes … So whatever happened to your son?” or “WHY THE F— ARE YOU RUNNING AROUND BUCK NAKED?!?” But ‘Wolverine’ was no mere mortal film and allowed such elephants to remain in the room. ‘Wolverine’ was far more concerned at figuring out how to include additional helicopters to increase the shear awesomeness of its scenes. Like I said, it was a hoot and we really loved it.

I would have to drop Hulk down the list, always thought it was a bad movie adaptation. The first Punisher was good and would have to move into the top 5 (preferred Thomas Jane as the Punisher). As far as my top 5 I would have to go…

1. Iron Man
  2. X-Men United
  3. Spiderman
  4. X-Men
  5. The Punisher

I really don’t want to put more than one of any comic movie in but X-Men was that good. I really don’t care for Spiderman after the first one. As far as the others I could care less.

I haven’t watched a single one off this list. No use to ruin my memories of the actual comic books.

Ghost Rider and Hulk should be battling it out for last, for sure.

And how dare they sully the name of Howard the Duck? That movie acheived, like, Cult Status (which is movie snob talk for “it was so damned bad we’re afraid to admit we liked it.”)