Mary, Mary, Mary...

Have fun with it guys…

[URL]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/346/story/336745.html[/URL]

pretty middle of the road from her.

I have no clue why the O has made her “Official 49er Football Opinion Writer”

This is a very strange one…to say the least.

It comes off as an opinion article (which is usually only used later to say I told you so) but she doesn’t seem to really give any opinion at all.

She basically says there is a decision today but we need to be careful. Isn’t that pretty obvious that everyone is being very, very careful on this?

I still hate the argument about the football funding taking away from academic funding. No one knows what will happen on that issue. I would love to see a spike in academic funding too to shut these people up.

Just IMO

Just your usual academic/government type who dosen’t understand how the real world works. Make your school a more attractive product, more prospective students/sponsors/donors = more money. Moron.

[QUOTE=Mary Schulken;359404]“Fortune is guiding our affairs better than we ourselves could have wished. Do you see over yonder, friend Sancho, a giant private dollars sucking monster? I intend to do battle with it and slay it. With its spoils we shall begin to be rich for this is a righteous war and the removal of so foul a brood from off the face of the earth is a service God will bless.”

“What giant private dollars sucking monster??” asked Sancho Panza.

“The one you see over there,” replied his master.

“Take care, Lady Schulken” cried Sancho. “That over there is not a giant private dollars sucking monster but the Belk Tower.”[/QUOTE]

You should have seen it. Mary Schulken rode onto campus on her trusty steed Rocinante while holding a medieval jousting stick and tilted at the Belk Tower all morning.

[QUOTE]The right gesture would be to undertake an equally ambitious financial campaign for academic programs alongside the football campaign.[/QUOTE]

Hey, UNC-Chapel Hill…you go 1st.

Have fun with it guys...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/346/story/336745.html

At least we now know how hot she is…

At least we now know how hot she is...

I just shuddered.

Consider the source! Have you ever read one of her opinion columns where she displayed any knowledge of the facts? I think the Observer lets her write a column once in a while to try to keep her busy and out of their hair.:lmao:

It’s now on the front page…above a story that actually states what is happening today…[URL=http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/story/337441.html]here[/URL]

ECU sweetcheeks…ECU

Did we ever find out who used to write those anonymous letters without signing his name? Mary has always put her name on her attacks. Those letters were worse than today’s article but it would be nice to see something positive about us in print on this historical day in Niner history.

4 million has been pledged…not a red penny of it was headed to academics.

This argument it robs academia is psychotic

Did we ever find out who used to write those anonymous letters without signing his name? Mary has always put her name on her attacks. Those letters were worse than today's article but it would be nice to see something positive about us in print on this historical day in Niner history.
They aren't anonymous, they're panel opinions that supposedly represent the position of the Observer's Editorial Board. She wrote them, they rubberstamp them. But they get published unsigned. It'd be so much easier if they'd just sign them as the Observer Editorial Board and end the confusion.

bullocks

Yaawwwn!!! More drival from those in the cheap seats.

More of the same from her. But I will say that she is changing her opinion a little. She’s at least admitting that there are benefits it could add to campus life. And she’s also being a little more truthful about the student fees.

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;359415]Hey, UNC-Chapel Hill…you go 1st.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!!! So, Mary when are you going to write about THAT school and others to cut back their football programs for the sake of academics or whatever? Yeah, thought so. CRAM IT!!

I bet Mary drives 10 mph below the speed limit in the left lane of the interstate.

[QUOTE]It is an opportunity, an opening – nothing more. And there’s a lot to lose.[/QUOTE]

When was the last time that old bag set foot on campus?