Maryland Message Board

Has anyone found a really active Maryland board? I’ve found several, but there must be some that are busier.

Some people were talking about it in the shoutbox last week, this scout board is pretty active, looks like our name is on there are few times. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=174#s=174&f=2580&t=1761667

So, this is what we are to Maryland…

]

UMD is having an off year. How do they know they’re not cupcakes themselves this year.

I decided to read the Baltimore Sun piece referenced in that Maryland board thread. In spite of the thread title, the B-Sun sportswriter doesn’t say anything about the Niners being a cupcake. In fact…

Maryland has time to work out its kinks before going back to Atlantic Coast Conference competition a week from Saturday at Virginia Tech, and [b]tonight's game [i](against Savannah State)[/i] could be the last breather the Terps get the rest of the season[/b] -- if any team could be considered a breather after what has recently transpired.

After tonight, Maryland plays Charlotte on Saturday at Charlotte Bobcats Arena, site of this season’s ACC tournament and an NCAA men’s tournament regional. The Terps will host Holy Cross on Tuesday.

Link: BaltimoreSun.com

The title “2002 National Champs” will make Maryland a vital opponent to any team including those pesky Eagles of American University. Name alone makes a team. Outsiders who have not watched a game of college hoops this year will look at the Charlotte/Maryland matchup and automatically assume Charlotte is the underdog.

Charlotte has picked a good year to play these ACC teams. If not for a few missed FTs it would be a 2-0 record looking to make it 3-0 this weekend.

[QUOTE=run49er;280406]I decided to read the Baltimore Sun piece referenced in that Maryland board thread. In spite of the thread title, the B-Sun sportswriter doesn’t say anything about the Niners being a cupcake. In fact…[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I read through it twice trying to find it. Evidentally reading comprehension is not a required skill to graduate from Maryland.

I’m more worried about Clemson than Maryland.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;280430]I’m more worried about Clemson than Maryland.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think anyone is questioning that…

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;280430]I’m more worried about Clemson than Maryland.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Should win against the Terps. The Tigers in Littlejohn could be even uglier than the Tulsa game.

[QUOTE=run49er;280434]Agreed. Should win against the Terps. The Tigers in Littlejohn could be even uglier than the Tulsa game.[/QUOTE]

At least a loss at Clemson won’t feel as bad as the Tulsa one though. Clemson has yet to prove they are really a contender this year, but they have plenty of potential to handle us this year.

I’m going to all the ACC games. I went to GT in Charlotte Amalie, WFU at the Bobcats Arena, & I have tickets for UMD & Clemson.
I’m on an ACC road tour for the Niners.

quote from the Maryland board [QUOTE]Neither Holy Cross nor Charlotte are as “cupcake” as VCU, Ohio or American, but neither should ever beat a program the stature of Maryland either. The fact that we “worry” about this type of team tells how far into the ground this program has been run.[/QUOTE]

Talk about being living in the past. That guy probably didn’t know we were in CUSA beating teams such as Louisville, Marquette, Cincy and Memphis. What a douche.

I'm going to all the ACC games. I went to GT in Charlotte Amalie, WFU at the Bobcats Arena, & I have tickets for UMD & Clemson. I'm on an ACC road tour for the Niners.

Didn’t you stop buying season tickets this year? Or was that someone else…

[QUOTE]Neither Holy Cross nor Charlotte are as “cupcake” as VCU, Ohio or American, but neither should ever beat a program the stature of Maryland either. The fact that we “worry” about this type of team tells how far into the ground this program has been run. [/QUOTE]

Change the names of a couple of those teams and that sounds just like us!

I never had season tickets.
I can’t make it to every game. I buy tickets for the games I can go to.

Change the names of a couple of those teams and that sounds just like us!

You win the thread…

here is your Niner gift pack…

I never had season tickets. I can't make it to every game. I buy tickets for the games I can go to.

Gotcha.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m really glad you are trying to get out to some of the away game, especially for the big ones.

Charlotte has picked a good year to play these ACC teams. If not for a few missed FTs it would be a 2-0 record looking to make it 3-0 this weekend.

I just can’t let it go, there were 56 fouls called in 40 minutes of play in the Charlotte-GT game. I am not griping about preferential treatment–they called 28 on each team–just the fact that this is not basketball. This was all about the refs. JHWannabe makes a good point though, we have never had more opportunities to score some free points than in that “game”.

Neither Holy Cross nor Charlotte are as "cupcake" as VCU, Ohio or American, but neither should ever beat a program the stature of Maryland either. The fact that we "worry" about this type of team tells how far into the ground this program has been run.
We could have been to the Sweet 16 the past 5 years in a row and many acc fans would still have this attitude. They've been "conditioned" throughout the years to think like this. I can understand this thought process happening in another city, but it should (have) never happen(ed) here in Charlotte.

BTW… Niner Advocate, myself, and a few others spent some time on the Maryland board about 6 or so years ago when we though we had recruited Garrison. I’m pretty sure it was NA that told them they should be pissed off at us because we stole Eddie Basden right out from under their noses.

I think most of us were eventually banned.