Maryland Postgame

clt is more concerned about the marketing of our programs than the on the court performance…for now

Despite the recent meltdowns, we will still be a top 4 CUSA team. This is a bad league.

We were 7th in that bad league last year. Did we improve or did other teams get worse that makes you think we jump 3+ spots?

Sadly, this is what still gives me hope for the rest of the season.

We were 7th in that bad league last year. Did we improve or did other teams get worse that makes you think we jump 3+ spots?[/quote]The league is even worse this year honestly.

It’s basically MT alone at the top. Rice is probably second best. Nobody else is very good.

We were 7th in that bad league last year. Did we improve or did other teams get worse that makes you think we jump 3+ spots?[/quote]The league is even worse this year honestly.

It’s basically MT alone at the top. Rice is probably second best. Nobody else is very good.[/quote]

We shall see then. RPI forecast doesn’t have faith.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/confs/CUSA.html

[quote=“cibik02, post:26, topic:30706”]We shall see then. RPI forecast doesn’t have faith.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/confs/CUSA.html[/quote] Wow is that bad. 4 teams 300+, 4 more 200+ (including us), and only one team expected to be top 100. CUSA isn’t even in the top half of conferences. Charlotte has currently the 4th best rpi in conference, and we haven’t even had a decent OOC. We need several miracles to get back to relevance at this point.

[quote=“9erken, post:27, topic:30706”][quote=“cibik02, post:26, topic:30706”]We shall see then. RPI forecast doesn’t have faith.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/confs/CUSA.html[/quote] Wow is that bad. 4 teams 300+, 4 more 200+ (including us), and only one team expected to be top 100. CUSA isn’t even in the top half of conferences. Charlotte has currently the 4th best rpi in conference, and we haven’t even had a decent OOC. We need several miracles to get back to relevance at this point.[/quote]

Where are the RPI calculation guys. I have no idea how much this would change our RPI, but we were 0-4 against Dav, WF, UF and Mary. How different would our RPI be if we just went .500 in those games? Plus throw in a win against USC Upstate.

That would make us 9-2, instead of 6-5. I think those expectations are very reasonable and wouldn’t fall into the miracle category.

[quote=“Normmm, post:28, topic:30706”][quote=“9erken, post:27, topic:30706”][quote=“cibik02, post:26, topic:30706”]We shall see then. RPI forecast doesn’t have faith.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/confs/CUSA.html[/quote] Wow is that bad. 4 teams 300+, 4 more 200+ (including us), and only one team expected to be top 100. CUSA isn’t even in the top half of conferences. Charlotte has currently the 4th best rpi in conference, and we haven’t even had a decent OOC. We need several miracles to get back to relevance at this point.[/quote]

Where are the RPI calculation guys. I have no idea how much this would change our RPI, but we were 0-4 against Dav, WF, UF and Mary. How different would our RPI be if we just went .500 in those games? Plus throw in a win against USC Upstate.

That would make us 9-2, instead of 6-5. I think those expectations are very reasonable and wouldn’t fall into the miracle category. [/quote]

And if we had won all of those games we’d be undefeated. But we did NOT win those games, so they have to count as losses.

Any postgame video?

[quote=“Normmm, post:28, topic:30706”]Where are the RPI calculation guys. I have no idea how much this would change our RPI, but we were 0-4 against Dav, WF, UF and Mary. How different would our RPI be if we just went .500 in those games? Plus throw in a win against USC Upstate.

That would make us 9-2, instead of 6-5. I think those expectations are very reasonable and wouldn’t fall into the miracle category. [/quote] Which 2 double-digit easy losses would you like to give us? I think part of the problem is how out-classed we’ve looked in most of those games (at least Maryland seemed a little better).

The other problem is that even at 9-2, the conference is so bad that it is guaranteed we’d end up with one bid and that’s it. Any loss in conference or in the tournament would drop us off the bubble. So we can’t climb back to relevance by winning conference games. We are in the same situation (or worse) that Davidson used to be in in the Southern conference. They went 16-0 one year, lost in the conference tournament, and didn’t get an at-large. I seriously doubt we’re going to finish undefeated in conference, but will be very happy to be wrong about that.

Agree with most of what’s been said re: Maryland game,reduced expectations and the team in general.My most optimistic voice says if we finish in top 25% of conference and somehow win conf. tourney…that’s definitely the only way we make it.

Bigger issue for me right now is Price’s recruiting for next year…No excuses going forward,we know what we need,and if we cannot fill our holes of big men,an athletic wing who can score and learn to play some defense than he will have failed imo.Of the guys that he has brought in this year,I only have hope for Jackson…and honestly,if he does not move his son near the end of the bench,that would not make me happy.Washington has shown zilch…Garvin not much more…and if Price jr. is not hitting 3’s like he did in the Elon game than he is a total liability.

So,I hope we get off to a good start in the first 2 conf. games at home and will anxiously be watching recruiting news…And,by the way…I also do pray that Judy departs,one way or the other

[quote=“Normmm, post:28, topic:30706”]Where are the RPI calculation guys. I have no idea how much this would change our RPI, but we were 0-4 against Dav, WF, UF and Mary. How different would our RPI be if we just went .500 in those games? Plus throw in a win against USC Upstate.

That would make us 9-2, instead of 6-5. I think those expectations are very reasonable and wouldn’t fall into the miracle category. [/quote]Have at it: http://www.rpiforecast.com/wizard/index.html

It’s basically MT alone at the top. Rice is probably second best. Nobody else is very good.[/quote]

http://www.rpiforecast.com/confs/CUSA.html[/quote]
I hear the MT talk, but they have not really beat teams that are world beaters. Ga St beat them right after ODU thumped Ga St by 12. Based on what I have seen and from looking at our opponents opponents, there is no one that we can’t beat in conference play. That being said, we have played bad enough that I don’t think that there are many teams that couldn’t beat us. The league appears to have declined more from last season than we have. My bet is that we will be in that very close to top 4 range at the end of February. If I am wrong then this season will truly suck.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/confs/CUSA.html[/quote]
I hear the MT talk, but they have not really beat teams that are world beaters. Ga St beat them right after ODU thumped Ga St by 12. Based on what I have seen and from looking at our opponents opponents, there is no one that we can’t beat in conference play. That being said, we have played bad enough that I don’t think that there are many teams that couldn’t beat us. The league appears to have declined more from last season than we have. My bet is that we will be in that very close to top 4 range at the end of February. If I am wrong then this season will truly suck.[/quote]

I’m guessing we’ll have a classic NINER season (recent years and this year’s football season) of close losses that we shoulda, coulda, woulda won. “Heartbreak City, Baby!” Thanks Dick, for that wrap up. Hope I’m wrong too.

[quote=“9erken, post:31, topic:30706”][quote=“Normmm, post:28, topic:30706”]Where are the RPI calculation guys. I have no idea how much this would change our RPI, but we were 0-4 against Dav, WF, UF and Mary. How different would our RPI be if we just went .500 in those games? Plus throw in a win against USC Upstate.

That would make us 9-2, instead of 6-5. I think those expectations are very reasonable and wouldn’t fall into the miracle category. [/quote] Which 2 double-digit easy losses would you like to give us? I think part of the problem is how out-classed we’ve looked in most of those games (at least Maryland seemed a little better).[/quote]

I may have misinterpreted your original post. You said it will take a miracle to get back to relevance. Perhaps you were only talking about this season? I was talking longterm.

This season, I agree, it will take a miracle.

Longterm I think its reasonable to want to at least go .500 against teams like Dav, UF, Mary and WF.

Its like NWA mentioned earlier, as much as we complain about CUSA being a 1 bid league, we’re not doing anything to help that situation.

[quote=“2k, post:33, topic:30706”][quote=“Normmm, post:28, topic:30706”]Where are the RPI calculation guys. I have no idea how much this would change our RPI, but we were 0-4 against Dav, WF, UF and Mary. How different would our RPI be if we just went .500 in those games? Plus throw in a win against USC Upstate.

That would make us 9-2, instead of 6-5. I think those expectations are very reasonable and wouldn’t fall into the miracle category. [/quote]Have at it: http://www.rpiforecast.com/wizard/index.html[/quote]

Done. Flip USC Upstate, Davidson and Maryland, we would be sitting at an RPI of 46.

[quote=“Normmm, post:36, topic:30706”][quote=“9erken, post:31, topic:30706”][quote=“Normmm, post:28, topic:30706”]Where are the RPI calculation guys. I have no idea how much this would change our RPI, but we were 0-4 against Dav, WF, UF and Mary. How different would our RPI be if we just went .500 in those games? Plus throw in a win against USC Upstate.

That would make us 9-2, instead of 6-5. I think those expectations are very reasonable and wouldn’t fall into the miracle category. [/quote] Which 2 double-digit easy losses would you like to give us? I think part of the problem is how out-classed we’ve looked in most of those games (at least Maryland seemed a little better).[/quote]

I may have misinterpreted your original post. You said it will take a miracle to get back to relevance. Perhaps you were only talking about this season? I was talking longterm.

Longterm I think its reasonable to want to at least go .500 against teams like Dav, UF, Mary and WF.

Its like NWA mentioned earlier, as much as we complain about CUSA being a 1 bid league, we’re not doing anything to help that situation.[/quote]

We are fans on a message board, we have no power to really change anything (see Nth thread asking Judy to retire) and we can complain about anything we want, whether it be the rest of the conference being garbage or us being garbage.

[quote=“itsbraille49, post:38, topic:30706”][quote=“Normmm, post:36, topic:30706”][quote=“9erken, post:31, topic:30706”][quote=“Normmm, post:28, topic:30706”]Where are the RPI calculation guys. I have no idea how much this would change our RPI, but we were 0-4 against Dav, WF, UF and Mary. How different would our RPI be if we just went .500 in those games? Plus throw in a win against USC Upstate.

Its like NWA mentioned earlier, as much as we complain about CUSA being a 1 bid league, we’re not doing anything to help that situation.[/quote]

We are fans on a message board, we have no power to really change anything (see Nth thread asking Judy to retire) and we can complain about anything we want, whether it be the rest of the conference being garbage or us being garbage.[/quote]

Absolutely. Bitch away. Just pointing out that we are part of the reason the conference is bad.

[quote=“Normmm, post:39, topic:30706”][quote=“itsbraille49, post:38, topic:30706”][quote=“Normmm, post:36, topic:30706”][quote=“9erken, post:31, topic:30706”][quote=“Normmm, post:28, topic:30706”]Where are the RPI calculation guys. I have no idea how much this would change our RPI, but we were 0-4 against Dav, WF, UF and Mary. How different would our RPI be if we just went .500 in those games? Plus throw in a win against USC Upstate.

We are fans on a message board, we have no power to really change anything (see Nth thread asking Judy to retire) and we can complain about anything we want, whether it be the rest of the conference being garbage or us being garbage.[/quote]

Absolutely. b**** away. Just pointing out that we are part of the reason the conference is bad.[/quote]

To summarize using Rocket Science… We suck. CUSA sucks too.