Matt Johnson - QB - Verbal Commit

Maiden high quarterback commits per hickoryrecord

link: Matt Johnson Commits to Charlotte

Being Bandy’s alums…this going to hurt but we have to support him now.

Welcome to Charlotte Matt!!! We have real recruits! We have real recruits!

Matt Johnson - Highlights 2010
Some highlights.

Looks like he can run well. Welcome to Niner Nation Matt!

Good athlete and good kid. May be a better defensive player than QB. Has only completed 45% of passes this year with 4 TD and 5 INT. Rushed for 865 yards and 10 TD.

[quote=“Mullins Maniac, post:7, topic:25754”]Good athlete and good kid. May be a better defensive player than QB. Has only completed 45% of passes this year with 4 TD and 5 INT. Rushed for 865 yards and 10 TD.[/quote]FWIW, according to the Hickory Record he is also listed as a safety and punter. It looks like his throwing form could use work.

Maiden (like bandys ) is a small 2a school. A star kid there isn’t going to have a tremendous amount of talent surrounding him.

Johnson has d1 size and talent. I don’t know if he’ll be a stud, but has what it takes to be a legit fcs player.

Then why is he not going to a D1 school?
For the love of Christ, please tell me that's a joke.

Judging from the video, his throwing mechanics are a little weird, but he can throw the ball a mile. And he runs really well; obviously, he won’t be playing against 2A competition at Charlotte so it’s hard to tell. Mullen wants to run the spread; this kid may have the size and talent to do it.

I guess this is a wrinkle in football recruiting that you don’t see in basketball, we can recruit as many “athletes” as we can get and figure out where they are going to play later, isn’t that what even some of the big BCS schools do? I bet he plays Safety for us.

Basically. Quan Sturdivant was a QB in high school, played linebacker in college and NFL.

[size=13px]http://ncpreps.rivals.com/conten​t.asp?CID=1234603[/size]

Older story ID found about him on Rivals. I can’t read it, but it talks about App. keeping an eye on him.

[font=Verdana]Johnson will likely stick to quarterback at Charlotte.

“He said I’m under quarterback scholarship,” Johnson said. “They’re really wanting me to play quarterback so I won’t have to worry about anything else.”
[/font]

http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1275217

Welcome Matt… Happy to have you.

That is a sick highlight reel. So where is Maiden HS? We need to get some fans out there to his games to show him some Niner Nation love!

600 West Main Street in Maiden (town borders Catawba and Lincoln counties). Here’s the link for directions:

Directions to Maiden High School

BTW, Maiden is known as “The Biggest Little Football Town in the World”!

Catawba county. Plays at hs of bleeds, Bobby lutz and myself, Bandys tomorrow night. Big rivalry. Likely going.

2011 highlights
Matt Johnson High Lights 2011

has lost 10lbs since last season, and improved his speed.

Big welcome from StarTown alum! Maiden has NEVER had a throwing QB, but ole plenty of good football players