MBB transfer thread

[quote=ā€œJB, post:19, topic:30851ā€]A transfer is coming, itā€™s not JD, but itā€™s not one that we are going to like.[/quote]so white or so then. My guess is white since qj didnā€™t do enough to garner himself much attention this year.

White is the one Ive been worried about after his brother at Cuse and him coming off bench

Might be looking at single digit wins next year

How sure are you are someone transferring? If it is White, then we will need to get another guard for next year in a hurry. I hate that players transfer so fast in basketball these days. It is like a right to tell everyone you transferred.

That student athlete experience tho

When the first domino falls, others will fall shortly after. I have already named them once in this thread so I wonā€™t do it again. But I am already mentally prepared for the best guys to go. Had great practice at achieving this zen state while watching the Nick Tronti saga unfold.

JB is a solid source.

Since we have already had Washington leave and the other finish up their careers, there are not many left who can leave. Price and Ajukwa cannot leave unless they want to lose a year from transferring twice. Benas can leave if he graduates or he is in the same boat. I do not think JD will leave since he may not be the ā€œmanā€ at another team and he would have to sit-out a year. He can finish up at Charlotte and at least go overseas to play and make some good money. QJā€™s dad will probably not let him leave since he pushed him to Charlotte to play for Price since they knew each other in college.

That only leaves Garvin and White. Both could stay and start next year and have big years, or I could see if of them trying to leave for greener pastures and sitting out a year. White is only a shooter and can only go to his right. I am not sure if he can use his left hand or not. I do not see him going anywhere and having a couple of years like Ingram did a few years ago.

Garvin could be a much improved players with some more strength and using his head more. I think he has talent to make an impact somewhere whether here or another stop. A year off to get bigger probably would help him.

I am probably older than most of you on this board, but if they want to go elsewhere, then do not let the door hit you on the way out. I enjoy basketball more than most people, but this is the life of college basketball players nowadays. Each coach must learn to deal with it and have a plan every year. The transfers is what cost Godfrey his job, but it happens at just about every school now.

This staff doesnā€™t recruit good and the players they do get end of transferring. I was excited about Price but not sure he surrounded himself with the right assistants to help him transition to the recruiting game.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if its White. His dad has that Lavar Ball mentality

I will hate to hear that one of our players is transferring, but I absolutely DO NOT want to hear that as an excuse for sucking next year. It is time to fish or cut bait.

I will vote Jackson.

[quote=ā€œNugget, post:32, topic:30851ā€]I will hate to hear that one of our players is transferring, but I absolutely DO NOT want to hear that as an excuse for sucking next year. It is time to fish or cut bait.[/quote] Odds are good weā€™d suck even if nobody transferred, so its just a matter of degree. Sad to see.

Id really like to keep Quentin but if he wants out PEACE

clt just hopes it is it not beans.

clt doesnā€™t want to see beans cutting down the nets next year as the starting center for Kentucky.

Can confirm one of our players is transferring. Already taken ā€œCharlotte basketballā€ out of his twitter bio.

Nice knowing ya, QJ. Heā€™s been gone since at least February 20 with his ā€œmiss the famā€ tweet. SteauA forwarded me that tweet and nailed it on him being the first to go.

Nice knowing ya, QJ. Heā€™s been gone since at least February 20 with his ā€œmiss the famā€ tweet. SteauA forwarded me that tweet and nailed it on him being the first to go.[/quote]
Never saw that tweet, but saw it was out of his bio and knew he was gone.

Just need to land Tyler Maye now.