McDonald's AA Game - Article

Some great quotes regarding the MVP of the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2816835&sportCat=ncb

Beasley’s mother, Fatima Smith, was clutching the MVP trophy – a replica of trophy namesake John Wooden’s famed pyramid of success – and posing for pictures when asked whether her son resents not having the chance to go pro right now.

“I would love to see him have the opportunity, but he’s going to go to the best coach in the world for my son,” Smith said.

That coach is Bob Huggins.

“He still needs some fine-tuning, and he’s going to get it,” Smith said. “Discipline, sportsmanship, character.”

There might be a few (hundred) coaches I’d turn to before Bob Huggins for fine-tuning in those areas, but to each his own.

Game MVP Michael Beasley did cause a bunch of eyebrows to arch when he announced that he planned to stay at Kansas State all four years.

Riiiight.

That whole family and situation are nuts. Arrested development at its finest.

Riiiight.

He told me after the game he’s 80% sure of this. :wink:

I guess he forgot about the article where he stated he was “just counting down the days until he could play in the NBA” that came out a few weeks ago.

i’m about .00000000000001% sure beasley actually knows what he is talking about.

Based on the whole fiasco between his commitment to us then to KSU and all the nonsense that insued around that time, and more importantly after watching those documentary pieces on him, I say good riddance. He looks to me like another kid ill-equipped to handle the athletic talent he was blessed with. Unfortunetly, I see an inevitable collapse for him in the future. Probably sooner rather than later. But hopefully for his sake he’ll prove me wrong. Either way, I think he would be poison if he came here, and thats the last thing we need right now.

This development could be interesting to watch. Let’s watch to see if Michigan gets Beilien (sp?), WVU coach. Because if that happens, you know who will be the #1 candidate for the WVU job.

[QUOTE=NinerUpNorth;228278]

That coach is Bob Huggins.

“He still needs some fine-tuning, and he’s going to get it,” Smith said. “Discipline, sportsmanship, character.”
[/QUOTE]

Discipline ?

Sportsmanship ?

Character ?

Huggins ?

Uhhhhhh, lets just say that I have a better of coaching an NCAA D1 Men’s Basketball Team to the Final 4.

Based on the whole fiasco between his commitment to us then to KSU and all the nonsense that insued around that time, and more importantly after watching those documentary pieces on him, I say good riddance. He looks to me like another kid ill-equipped to handle the athletic talent he was blessed with. Unfortunetly, I see an inevitable collapse for him in the future. Probably sooner rather than later. But hopefully for his sake he'll prove me wrong. Either way, [COLOR=red][B][U]I think he would be poison if he came here[/U][/B][/COLOR], and thats the last thing we need right now.

I would have posted earlier, but I fell down laughing after reading this.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;228316]Discipline ?

Sportsmanship ?

Character ?

Huggins ?

[/QUOTE]

That quote by Beasley’s mother tells me all I need to know.

http://www.ninernation.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=799&stc=1&d=1175219566

I would have posted earlier, but I fell down laughing after reading this.

I have revealed the true identity of KSU Wildcats Suck:

[QUOTE=KSU Wildcats Suck;228317]I would have posted earlier, but I fell down laughing after reading this.[/QUOTE]

I can see why you would find this funny KSU, but understand, i’m not saying he wont be a phenomenal player, just that our program has suffered badly from selfish play lately, and bringing in someone who is obvsiously unstable for one year would do us no good. From the perspective of someone who supports a team that has had a fair amount of sucess over the last 15 years, with little to no rules violations, its not that absurd.

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;228283]That whole family and situation are nuts. Arrested development at its finest.[/QUOTE]

not arrested YET. but don’t worry. huggins will take care of that.