Medical & Law School News

Dubois steps up finally!!!

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte/stories/2010/07/26/story4.html?b=1280116800^3687591&page=2

Plus it would be CHEAPER for us to do a 4 year school than Chapel Hill to run a 2 year program:

He estimates it would cost about $200 million, including facilities and faculty costs, to establish a full-scale medical school at UNC Charlotte. He believes a public-private is the best way to move those efforts forward. By comparison, the existing UNC School of Medicine expansion plan carries an estimated cost of $239 million. That approach would increase capacity in Chapel Hill and add the satellite campuses in Charlotte and Asheville. Its recurring costs are estimated at $40 million, most of which would cover salaries.

Read more: Could UNC Charlotte be home to future med school? - Charlotte Business Journal

Once again the BizJournal makes the O look shitty!

Still to much Chapel Hill a$$kissing but I know it’s just state politics.

How do you explain this part of the article? This statement sounds contradictory to that part of the article that you sited above. Seems like Dubois is stepping aside and not stepping up! What am I not seeing here?

[font=arial][size=11px]Dubois stresses that his goal is not to establish a free-standing four-year medical school. The operation he envisions would still be a satellite of the Chapel Hill campus.

Read more: Could UNC Charlotte be home to future med school? - Charlotte Business Journal [/size][/font]

[quote=“NinerNirvana, post:3, topic:23614”]How do you explain this part of the article? This statement sounds contradictory to that part of the article that you sited above. Seems like Dubois is stepping aside and not stepping up! What am I not seeing here?

[font=arial]Dubois stresses that his goal is not to establish a free-standing four-year medical school. The operation he envisions would still be a satellite of the Chapel Hill campus.

Read more: Could UNC Charlotte be home to future med school? - Charlotte Business Journal[/font][/quote]

Simple case of not wanting to stick his neck out too far. Of course he wants a wholely UNC Charlotte controled 4 year medical school, but he’s trying to get Chapel Hill and their Board of Governors to accept it.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:4, topic:23614”][quote=“NinerNirvana, post:3, topic:23614”]How do you explain this part of the article? This statement sounds contradictory to that part of the article that you sited above. Seems like Dubois is stepping aside and not stepping up! What am I not seeing here?

[font=arial]Dubois stresses that his goal is not to establish a free-standing four-year medical school. The operation he envisions would still be a satellite of the Chapel Hill campus.

Read more: Could UNC Charlotte be home to future med school? - Charlotte Business Journal[/font][/quote]

Simple case of not wanting to stick his neck out too far. Of course he wants a wholely UNC Charlotte controled 4 year medical school, but he’s trying to get Chapel Hill and their Board of Governors to accept it.[/quote]Right. He pitched this same idea a few years ago and they told him no chance. Having half a medical school is better than nothing at all. It could eventually be turned over to UNC Charlotte entirely.

[quote=“Niner National, post:5, topic:23614”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:4, topic:23614”][quote=“NinerNirvana, post:3, topic:23614”]How do you explain this part of the article? This statement sounds contradictory to that part of the article that you sited above. Seems like Dubois is stepping aside and not stepping up! What am I not seeing here?

Simple case of not wanting to stick his neck out too far. Of course he wants a wholely UNC Charlotte controled 4 year medical school, but he’s trying to get Chapel Hill and their Board of Governors to accept it.[/quote]Right. He pitched this same idea a few years ago and they told him no chance. Having half a medical school is better than nothing at all. It could eventually be turned over to UNC Charlotte entirely.[/quote]

I’m more a fan of having a 4 year medical school AT UNC Charlotte with SUPPORT from Chapel Hill Med School, than having a Chapel Hill ran 2 year program in Charlotte that WE suppport. A lot easier for us to push them out if they’re the junior partner and not us. Once THEY get a med school here they’ll never leave and we’ll never get one. This is a battle for the future of this University.

If it’s not the University of North Carolina AT CHARLOTTE Medical School than it’s not and never will be ours.

Doesn’t end the CHP image.

& it makes you look like a sell-out 49RFootball Now.

I don’t care about a UNC-CH Med School supported by us, or our Med School supported by them. It’s a Med School for Us ONLY, or we boycott, strike, raise hell, riot, protest, threaten, kick a55, etc.

We already have a 1/2 a55 program. It’s called Pharmacy. 2 years here, & then transfer to Crapple Hill. F8ck getting another one.

WE have all Med Schools in Charlotte, or else there are NO Med Schools in Charlotte!

& the same with Law Schools. We need to run that 8th rate private law school that can barely maintain accreditation out of town!

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:7, topic:23614”]Doesn’t end the CHP image.

& it makes you look like a sell-out 49RFootball Now.

I don’t care about a UNC-CH Med School supported by us, or our Med School supported by them. It’s a Med School for Us ONLY, or we boycott, strike, raise hell, riot, protest, threaten, kick a55, etc.

We already have a 1/2 a55 program. It’s called Pharmacy. 2 years here, & then transfer to Crapple Hill. F8ck getting another one.[/quote]

Great plan you have there to make sure we never get a medical school Ken. ::slight_smile:

The CHP Plan that you support doesn’t get us one either. It gets CH one with us acting as their bee-atch!

Did you even read the article?

Dubois is now proposing a UNC CHARLOTTE 4 year medical school that partners with UNC Medical. The old plan was a Chapel Hill 2 year extension program that we played NO part in. If you can’t see how the former is better for UNC Charlotte than the latter, I have so beachfront property in Utah you might be interested in.

1 Like

I’d love to knee-jerk react this but I really would have to see what the specifics of the proposal are.

I didn’t say it wasn’t better, 49RFootball. I said it’s still not good enough. If someone offers to cook you possum instead of skunk, will you be happy enough to eat the possum?

In the UNC Charlotte 4 year medical school alternative, which school actually awards the degree?

For the University’s prestige, a medical school is more important that even football and as supporters we need to be as vocal as we were during the football process. Do you think the admin’s at UNC-CH would have supported the Charlotte Center of UNCCH if they thought we would one day be independent? That’s why I’m not worried about whether it’s a 2 or 4 year program in the beginning… it’s what can be done over time. If they are allowed to partner only with CMC, we will NEVER be able to get our foot in the door down the road.

If its a choice between possum, skunk, or don’t eat; eventually you’ll pick the better between skunk and possum. ;D

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/09/22/1710694/unc-chapel-hill-again-planning.html

[left]The branch-campus collaboration between UNC and CMC is not viewed positively by officials at Charlotte’s other major hospital system, Presbyterian Healthcare. For years, Dr. Richard Reiling, head of Presbyterian’s cancer center, has advocated for a medical school that would involve collaboration between both hospital systems and UNC Charlotte.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/09/22/1710694/unc-chapel-hill-again-planning.html#ixzz10HolUxSS[/left]

I hate these fuckers, I hate them with a passion.

me too…that “kath” poster needs his/her a$$ kicked something bad.

The best way to get someone to hear complaints about this is most likely to mass email all the BOG members for UNCGA.

https://www.northcarolina.edu/bog/members.htm

[quote=“Universal Niner, post:16, topic:23614”]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/09/22/1710694/unc-chapel-hill-again-planning.html

[left]The branch-campus collaboration between UNC and CMC is not viewed positively by officials at Charlotte’s other major hospital system, Presbyterian Healthcare. For years, Dr. Richard Reiling, head of Presbyterian’s cancer center, has advocated for a medical school that would involve collaboration between [b]both hospital systems and UNC Charlotte.[/b]

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/09/22/1710694/unc-chapel-hill-again-planning.html#ixzz10HolUxSS[/left]

[/quote]

F’ CMC, lets jump on this ourselves. STEP UP CHANCELLOR DOOB!