Medical School News

clt provides a key contact:

https://www.premierinc.com/about-premier/leadership-team/susan-devore/

0 Likes

[quote=“NLP49, post:320, topic:23614”]Some of the key challenges include:

1. Where to put it? It has to be at CMC-Main. Only Level I trauma center, has the beds, has the acuity, has the residents, has the faculty. No other option comes close. Presby is miles behind in the tertiary care department.

2. How to pay for it? State needs to be willing to pay for it. A generous benefactor would also help.

3. Where do the patients come from? We have two very dominant health care providers in the region in Atrium and Novant. They have more or less carved up the the patient market other than those served by each county’s respective public health agencies.

Personally I think for it to happen it needs to be a public/private partnership. Trying to start an independent health care system to compete with Novant and Atrium would be too costly. I would leverage Atrium’s desire for more access to clinical trials and their existing strengths to come up with a partnership with them. Any attempt to do something with Atrium and Novant together simply won’t happen. Atrium isn’t interested.[/quote]any chance novant would pony up for a public private partnership if the state agreed to kick in funds, or is it pretty much atrium or bust?

I don’t know what novants financial situation looks like.

0 Likes

For this to happen, it will require a strong ground roots effort. Each of us will have to tap into our circle of influence and talk it up at every opportunity. A medical school will act as a catalyst in our overall recovery and set the stage for Mike Hill to build transition us to a stronger conference, increase our fan base, and improve our university image. We will finally be able to build our own identity.

0 Likes

We will have to partner with an existing medical school before becoming autonomous. What existing school will partner with us unc-ch, ECU, Wake Forest, Duke, or USC?

0 Likes

Wow! Wow! and Wow! Ghostofclt, what a great find.

Susan Devore has a phenomenal resume and list of accomplishments. She is one of us and could lead this University to unbelievable things. I hope our leadership has her deeply engaged and is charting the course for a medical school at our University.

I am overly impressed and extremely optimistic. Without question, she is “exactly” the type of outside leader this University needs to move us to the next level. Just when I was beginning to lose hope…

0 Likes

[quote=“49ER9ER, post:325, topic:23614”]Wow! Wow! and Wow! Ghostofclt, what a great find.

Susan Devore has a phenomenal resume and list of accomplishments. She is one of us and could lead this University to unbelievable things. I hope our leadership has her deeply engaged and is charting the course for a medical school at our University.

I am overly impressed and extremely optimistic. Without question, she is “exactly” the type of outside leader this University needs to move us to the next level. Just when I was beginning to lose hope…[/quote]

Devore has been on our Board of Trustees for a couple of years.

We both graduated with degrees in Business Administration in the same year. She is a good example of the value of an A student versus a B- student. :’(

0 Likes

Memphis studying a medical school.

0 Likes