Medical & Law School News

The only way I came across this article was due to the link provided by this site. I wish the Observer would throw up a link on the main page of its site…

We might have to march on the Chancellor’s House.
I heard in Mexico City in the '68 Olympics 2 Americans for civil rights held up a fist in black gloves. We need some gold & green gloves.

If it means anything… I’d write you back if you wrote me a letter like that Job, but then again I have alot of time on my hands.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:82, topic:23614”]We might have to march on the Chancellor’s House.
I heard in Mexico City in the '68 Olympics 2 Americans for civil rights held up a fist in black gloves. We need some gold & green gloves.[/quote]

This. But all of us in white lab coats and with fake stethoscopes around our necks.

[quote=“itsbraille49, post:84, topic:23614”][quote=“stonecoldken, post:82, topic:23614”]We might have to march on the Chancellor’s House.
I heard in Mexico City in the '68 Olympics 2 Americans for civil rights held up a fist in black gloves. We need some gold & green gloves.[/quote]
This. But all of us in white lab coats and with fake stethoscopes around our necks.
[/quote][b]

I say we rally around campus with this. Then abruptly head over to the doobs house and… declare… a vote of… NO CONFIDENCE!!! AHHHHH OH NOEEEES!!!

[/b]

[quote=“jfickett, post:73, topic:23614”]…

“I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, I ought to do, and what I ought to do, by the Grace of God, I will do.” Miss Bonnie’s mantra has never been more applicable to any one situation than the one we face currently. We have not done everything in our power to ensure that the future of this University is as bright and prosperous as it could be. UNC Charlotte will only realize its full potential as a complete University. Football is a base camp…[/quote]

You might consider submitting that to the University Times as an open letter to the Chancellor / BOT; it’s really well-written.

that is way too complicated (where have some of us heard that excuse before. and from another member of the o staff).

Got a reply this afternoon. It did not make me feel any better about the situation.

clt questions that font choice.

I’d rather have no new doctors than 1 more Chapel Hill donating bastard! I can see it now, a shinning new medical school, in downtown Charlotte! The UNC Chapel Hill Spangler-Friday Charlotte School of Medicine!

FUCK THAT!

Got a reply this afternoon. It did not make me feel any better about the situation.[/quote]

Care to make it public, though I’m sure I can get guess what the jist of it is. (Agree to disagree??)

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:90, topic:23614”]I’d rather have no new doctors than 1 more Chapel Hill donating bastard! I can see it now, a shinning new medical school, in downtown Charlotte! The UNC Chapel Hill Spangler-Friday Charlotte School of Medicine!

f*** THAT![/quote]

Embrace the future.

Got a reply this afternoon. It did not make me feel any better about the situation.[/quote]

He’s afraid to ruffle feathers, I really wish he would take a bold stance and fight for this University.

He thinks he’s playing along with Chapel Hill and the BoG’s game, but he’s really just being played.

[quote=“itsbraille49, post:84, topic:23614”][quote=“stonecoldken, post:82, topic:23614”]We might have to march on the Chancellor’s House.

This. But all of us in white lab coats and with fake stethoscopes around our necks.[/quote]

I heard there was a photo oppurtunity tomorrow morning.

me too. but it’s not just him. we’ve even seen avid niner supporters on this board ridiculed by a few vocal posters whenever they try to defend the school against the chapel hill favortism. whether that favortism comes in the form of terrible funding, obvious media bias designed to give us a less than positive image, the lack of a medical school, the name of the school (it WILL be a big stink if/when we try to change it), and other crap.

DuBois doesn’t want to ruffle feathers? WTF?

If Bonnie Cone didn’t ruffle feathers, we’d have been shut down in 1949. If you’re not a feather ruffler, don’t take the Chancellor job at UofC, DuBois!!!

DuBois, if a 300-lb man tried to rape you in front of campus, would you not hollar for help because you don’t want to ruffle feathers?

Bump for those who have yet to contact those involved and express your anger. Do it!

Kind of related:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/04/1737898/levine-foundation-to-give-20m.html

NWA got me to thinking in his band comments, that us working together could make the impossible real.

Well it’s probably considered “impossible” to stop UNC-CH, our own Chancellor, the UNC BOG, & Carolinas Health Care. I wonder what would happen if the Disturber saw us get up at 5:30 for an Academic program covered by Wilson on Fox News Rising? Anyone up for a Med School Rally?

UNC med school expands [Tagline] Published Sunday, October 17, 2010 11:00 PM
Officials representing the University of North Carolina and Carolinas HealthCare System (CHS) today formally designated Carolinas Medical Center (CMC) as the Charlotte Campus of the UNC School of Medicine.
CHS officials noted that CMC has played an active role in providing clinical education for third- and fourth-year UNC medical students for more than 40 years. Those students have completed rotations at CMC in a variety of medical specialties as part of their overall training. In addition, 10 third-year and 12 fourth-year students are in training at CMC full-time.
CMC plans to ramp up student enrollment over the next few years to the point where there will be several dozen available slots at the third- and fourth-year levels at the CMC campus. The long-term transition to a larger number will occur in collaboration with adequate state funding.
The expansion is intended to help combat the expected shortage of physicians in coming years. According to the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC), the estimated shortages beginning in 2015 may be 50 percent worse than originally anticipated prior to health care reform. Projections before health care reform showed a shortage of around 40,000 doctors in 2015; however, current estimates bring that number to more than 60,000, with worsening shortages foreseen through 2025.
The expansion plan will also include a regional campus in Asheville at Mission Health System.
The original projected cost of the expansion was $450 million, with $62 million going towards a new building in Charlotte. No new buildings for the medical school are planned for now; however, CMC will spend $4 million to renovate its Medical Education Building. That building, adjacent to the CMC Emergency Department, will house administrative space, as well as a lounge and expanded library facilities for the medical school.