Medical & Law School News

That’s like saying since UNC already had football there was no need for UNCC to start football (incorrect name usage was intentional). To take it a step farther, what if the decision was made back in the 60s to not become a D1 Basketball Program because the other UNC already had a D1 program. One more step, a little closer to the reality of this. What if the decision had been made to never have a UNC Charlotte because UNC already existed in Chapel Hill? UNC-Chapel Hill attempted to block our school from ever existing. What if they had been successful? The city of Charlotte would be stuck with Queens and Davidson.

And please read the 1st post. A UNCC Med School will cost $39 million LESS that a UNC-Chapel Hill med school. Where do you think that extra 39 million is going? To give Butch Davis another raise?

That’s like saying since UNC already had football there was no need for UNCC to start football (incorrect name usage was intentional). To take it a step farther, what if the decision was made back in the 60s to not become a D1 Basketball Program because the other UNC already had a D1 program. One more step, a little closer to the reality of this. What if the decision had been made to never have a UNC Charlotte because UNC already existed in Chapel Hill? UNC-Chapel Hill attempted to block our school from ever existing. What if they had been successful? The city of Charlotte would be stuck with Queens and Davidson.

And please read the 1st post. A UNCC Med School will cost $39 million LESS that a UNC-Chapel Hill med school. Where do you think that extra 39 million is going? To give Butch Davis another raise?[/quote]

Even if our own medical school cost twice as much it would still be better than this piece of shit from Chap-ass Hole. That’s because it would be a REAL Charlotte-based medical school that would bring more industry and more research to Charlotte.

North Carolina: Money flows east, shit flows west

JamminNiner, who do you think runs CMC’s Nursing School. US! How about a little bit of F*cking loyalty from CMC!!! :’( >:D

And please read the 1st post. A UNCC Med School will cost $39 million LESS that a UNC-Chapel Hill med school. Where do you think that extra 39 million is going? To give Butch Davis another raise?[/quote]

Even if our own medical school cost twice as much it would still be better than this piece of s*** from Chap-ass Hole. That’s because it would be a REAL Charlotte-based medical school that would bring more industry and more research to Charlotte.

North Carolina: Money flows east, s*** flows west[/quote]

Agree with cltfortyniner and FootballNow. If Chapel Hill is allowed to open a BRANCH of their med school in Charlotte it will not be the same as the city of Charlotte having their own med school.

The article states there has been budgeted $239 million to establish two branch medical schools one in Charlotte one in Asheville.

if we allow unc-chapel hill to do this without a fight what will be next?

Anal probing! Its popular in Chap-ass Hole, NC.

As a result of the November election the Republicans will have majority control of the NC General Assembly for the first time in over 100 years. There should be a shake up in the chairmanship of all of the various committees including the one who drafts the UNC system budget funding. Regardless of your political ideology we should all write our state representative and the new budget chairman’s office appealing a medical school funding for UNC Charlotte. If enough of us do this it will get their attention because the first priority for a politician is to get reelected.

One thing NC Demos and Repubs can generally agree upon. Their mutual love of Chapel Hill or State. ???

Thanks for nothing CHP!

I suppose this is one instance that I am glad not to be living in Charlotte and being force fed UNC-CH and CMC medicine. I would challenge each of you to make sure all of your doctors were affiliated with Presbyterian and not CMC.

If anyone is up for some anti-UNC-CH med school cheering Friday night, count me in.

[quote=“HP49er, post:150, topic:23614”]Thanks for nothing CHP!

I suppose this is one instance that I am glad not to be living in Charlotte and being force fed UNC-CH and CMC medicine. I would challenge each of you to make sure all of your doctors were affiliated with Presbyterian and not CMC.

If anyone is up for some anti-UNC-CH med school cheering Friday night, count me in.[/quote]

To add to that, they had the dedication last week.

WARNING: the following video may cause you to puke:

http://news.unchealthcare.org/files/facultymeeting/charlottededication

I have no words to express my complete disgust!

wow - I cannot believe it. It’s utterly disgusting. It makes me want to go apeshit on CH.

Wonder how long they’ll leave this up:

http://www.facebook.com/UNCCharlotte

ugh!!!

[quote=“HP49er, post:150, topic:23614”]Thanks for nothing CHP!

If anyone is up for some anti-UNC-CH med school cheering Friday night, count me in.[/quote]

If I was an enterprising young college student I’d be at Walmart buying green paint…not saying YOU should. :wink:

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:154, topic:23614”]Wonder how long they’ll leave this up:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/UNCCharlotte[/quote]

What is it?

[quote=“Ninercentral, post:157, topic:23614”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:154, topic:23614”]Wonder how long they’ll leave this up:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/UNCCharlotte[/quote]

What is it?[/quote]

Just a negative comment on the U’s facebook page. You probably have to log onto facebook to see it.

Did they already take it down? Because I dont see it.

I changed it. Try again. Might have to change the settings on the page to view ALL.