Memorial Day

[SIZE=3]Here is a wonderful story I found in the Saint Petersburg Times. Take the time to read it, [URL=http://www.sptimes.com/2007/05/27/Features/A_story_for_Jake.shtml][B]A story for Jake[/B][/URL]. It doesn’t matter what your views are on troops being in Iraq. This is a day to honor those who have died in protecting our country and freedom. [/SIZE]

[CENTER]

[B][COLOR=Red]God bless those and their families who have given the ultimate sacrifice for us.[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

It saddens me…

It saddens me that only 24 people have taken the time to look at this thread…

It saddens me that none of the 24 that clicked on the thread bothered to read the article, because you couldn’t read it without leaving some sort of comment…

It saddens me that Jake will have to grow up without his father and no one will ever be able to give him a good reason why…

It saddens me that as a nation we allow our soldiers to be put in harms way and give the ulitmate sacrifice while we sacifice nothing, we just go about our lives as if nothing if happening. As if 3500 America soldiers lives is not a heavy price and we turn a blind eye as these soldiers and their families are paid a pathetic wage and many live off food stamps and yet we make the families of 9/11 millionaires for there loss.

It saddens me that many of our soldiers blindly joined the service and initially supported going to Iraq because they were brain washed and lied to by this administration into thinking they were fighting the ones who attacked us on 9/11.

Everyone needs to time a few minutes to read the article posted above and give thanks to all the soldiers and there families for the incredible sacrifice they have given to all of us…

And also think about what it is all really for and is it worth it…

I respect what the military does, & I feel sorry for the dead & injured & the families.
I’m not going to judge why someone did or didn’t go to war.

Every morning I and many others wake up in a free country and I thank men and women like Maj. David G. Taylor Jr. and the many others that have given me that freedom with their lives. God bless all of those that serve and those that have fallen in this war and the ones before this. We owe them all a debt that we can never repay.

Everyone please take a few minutes to read “A story for Jake”.