Memphis post game

/action will have nightmares of tiger vision tonight.

To save Sokool the trouble. Deuce should start. He was 3-4 on 3’s in 20 minutes with ZERO TURNOVERS vs SIZEKING team. We would have had a better shot with him playing 35 minutes, see last year.

PSA: I don’t watch with the Niners play defense, signed: Sokool

What could have been. Memphis tried to give it to us and we couldn’t quite take it.

Yep. You can see where this team is going, they just have to get there. 25% shooting isn’t gonna win you games.

Just terrible shooting by several guys, must have been bothered by their shotblocking (13 blocks for them!). If Barnett hits his average, Niners win. He (1-13, 0-5 from 3) and Henry (1-9) just did not hit their shots.

Refereeing seemed to shift momentum a couple times, but the Niners didn’t do much to change it back.

Real missed opportunity, disappointing. Actually thought we should’ve won that game. Hope conference play treats us better than this last stretch, but I think we’ll face several teams in-conference better than Memphis (and as good as Miami).

How do we have 12 shots blocked? Or was it more than 12? The way we were shooting it’s amazing we were still in the game with 4 minutes left. We choked down the stretch and made some bad decisions. Memphis did not impress me that much. I doubt they could finish in the top 5 in the A10.

That hot sauce packet raining 3s was scary.

:o

I know we were struggling mightily to finish inside chances, but we were getting to the FT line, so I was disappointed with how we lost our composure in the closing minutes and just started jacking 3’s and playing bullfighter D. Wasted an otherwise solid effort aside from the awful shooting.

Tiger High definitely tried to give us that one. Got a feeling most teams would have taken it.

“Against teams with that length, you have to continue to test them” - Major postgame interview.

Ball movement, shot selection, rebounding, all pretty good for the majority of the game.  We just can't shoot and for some reason it's like a cancer that affects defense.  Watch closely, when shots are falling, it translates to a more aggressive posture on defense.  It's not just us, it happens to a lot of teams.  The great teams play tougher on defense as it should be when having an off night shooting.
You guys know I'm not a fan of Briscoe but tonight when he played in the flow of the game he helped.  (Still can't stop anybody on defense)

Damn I hate to make this post, but…

SOKOOL DO NOT THREADCRAP. If you want to rant, you have a thread to do so.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:9, topic:26122”]Damn I hate to make this post, but…

SOKOOL DO NOT THREADCRAP. If you want to rant, you have a thread to do so.[/quote]

If you want post game threads to be where only people can post things you agree with, can this be added to the rules?

[quote=“eason49, post:10, topic:26122”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:9, topic:26122”]Damn I hate to make this post, but…

SOKOOL DO NOT THREADCRAP. If you want to rant, you have a thread to do so.[/quote]

If you want post game threads to be where only people can post things you agree with, can this be added to the rules?[/quote]his posts are about a single topic and you know it. I hope you bring some meaningful commentary to the board in 2012. Cheers.

Only 9 turnovers vs Memphis is a plus. Wish we would have shot the ball well enough for the W.

Side note, look at SIZEKING playing Lutz guys, he’s a turible recruiter.

The heckling of people that think Major is taking the program in the wrong direction is funny, considering his results have been horrific. I guess you have to either be a masochist or delusional to still follow Niner basketball at this point, so at least we know what camp you’re in.

Memphis is just another mediocre team we couldn’t beat. The bar is set so low now that I’m surprised people aren’t celebrating the effort.

PS
Niner basketball doesn’t have enough fans for you to try to get people like sokool to leave. Is it easier to get off when the circle you’re jerking in is smaller? I guess not everyone can be a true fan. :’(

[quote=“eason49, post:13, topic:26122”]The heckling of people that think Major is taking the program in the wrong direction is funny, considering his results have been horrific. I guess you have to either be a masochist or delusional to still follow Niner basketball at this point, so at least we know what camp you’re in.

Memphis is just another mediocre team we couldn’t beat. The bar is set so low now that I’m surprised people aren’t celebrating the effort.[/quote]

if you really think major is taking the team in the wrong direction then you are crazy. recruiting is significantly better, we play defense but he inherited soft players who cant shoot. if you think we arent heading in the right direction then you just arent watching. gregg marshall, who everybody loves, is in his fifth year at wichita state, a team he inherited that was in much better shape than the one major got, and he still hasent taken them to the tournament. we are in year two.

What’s funny is some of the people around here thinking they are qualified to say he’s taking it in the wrong direction and, on top of that, that it can be determined after 1.5 seasons.

There are some that never wanted to give Major a chance, either because of their agenda or because they wanted a different coach. The rest of us feel he needs to be given a chance and see this team improving, which is what I and many other want.

We get it eason, you don’t like the guy, you don’t want him as our coach. Well, he’s gonna be here for at least two more years, so suck it up and deal.

No one asked sokool to leave. He hammers on 1 point. If Deuce was the answer, we would have won more last year when he started.

Change takes time, some people are willing to accept it, some aren’t. If you wanted a coach with more experience, perhaps you should have donated more. Showing up to more games and spending money on campus would help too. Troll on.

Three point shooting not bad 9/26 - 35%. Kept us in this game
Shooting within the arc, scary 7/39 - 18%.

Our players cannot finish.

[quote=“9erken, post:4, topic:26122”]Just terrible shooting by several guys, must have been bothered by their shotblocking (13 blocks for them!). If Barnett hits his average, Niners win. He (1-13, 0-5 from 3) and Henry (1-9) just did not hit their shots.

Refereeing seemed to shift momentum a couple times, but the Niners didn’t do much to change it back.

Real missed opportunity, disappointing. Actually thought we should’ve won that game. Hope conference play treats us better than this last stretch, but I think we’ll face several teams in-conference better than Memphis (and as good as Miami).[/quote]

you know Memphis killed Miami in Miami, right?

[quote=“eason49, post:13, topic:26122”]The heckling of people that think Major is taking the program in the wrong direction is funny, considering his results have been horrific. I guess you have to either be a masochist or delusional to still follow Niner basketball at this point, so at least we know what camp you’re in.

Memphis is just another mediocre team we couldn’t beat. The bar is set so low now that I’m surprised people aren’t celebrating the effort.

PS
Niner basketball doesn’t have enough fans for you to try to get people like sokool to leave. Is it easier to get off when the circle you’re jerking in is smaller? I guess not everyone can be a true fan. :’([/quote]

it’s amazing how quickly people forget Memphis is playing without our starting PG, Joe Jackson (11.8 ppg) and senior Wesley Witherspoon (5.7 ppg, 3.8 reb)

[quote=“MKNiner, post:15, topic:26122”]What’s funny is some of the people around here thinking they are qualified to say he’s taking it in the wrong direction and, on top of that, that it can be determined after 1.5 seasons.

There are some that never wanted to give Major a chance, either because of their agenda or because they wanted a different coach. The rest of us feel he needs to be given a chance and see this team improving, which is what I and many other want.

We get it eason, you don’t like the guy, you don’t want him as our coach. Well, he’s gonna be here for at least two more years, so suck it up and deal.[/quote]

Couldn’t agree more…I for one am on the fence, but he’s here for at least two more yrs.

Going to be tiring if certain people whine during that entire time.