Mempiss loses to UAB

Looks like our favorite whiners Mempiss just got beat. How sad, I guess everyone better change that Bracket and knock them down from a 1 seed. Good win for UAB, looks like they bolstered their resume, looks like they might be on the right side of the bubble now.

Now lets all feel sorry for Carney and Callapari. :lmao:

UAB-80
Mempiss-74

:clap:, So much for your sweep of CUSA.

That was a good game. I’m pulling for UAB. I like them.

I’ll pull for anyone in CUSA as long as its not Mempiss. Squeaky Johnson was tremendous this game.

I love to hate UAB because I love the intensity they play with, and hate that they OWN the lifetime series with us.

They should make the NCAAs.

I think Memphis has been a little overrated all year, in what is now a watered down conference…good for Squeaky and the Blazers. He is pretty fun to watch except when we had to play him.

Can we engineer a trade…Lutz for Anderson? We’ll even throw in a spare PG. Seriously,its nice to see a coach who gets his kids to hustle,play defense,etc. What a novel idea.On paper i’ll bet you not 1 of their players would start for us.Amazing how JC kids can ACTUALLY be taught to play defense and work within a disciplined system…contrary to what we’ve heard.

I do like how UAB gets after you on defense. Always been a little jealous of that. Kinda reminds me of the Mullins era Niners and then some. I love suffocating defensive teams that score a ton on fast breaks offa turnovers. It’s fun to watch and completely demoralizing for the other team. You’d think with the lack of quality PGs in NCAA ball these days that more teams would press and play this way, but they don’t.

this win should give CUSA 2 bids at-large, just as the FSU win will likely get the acc 5 now.

barring upset in a10 tourney, CUSA = multiple bid conference, a10 = 1 bid…doh’

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;158448]I do like how UAB gets after you on defense. Always been a little jealous of that. Kinda reminds me of the Mullins era Niners and then some. I love suffocating defensive teams that score a ton on fast breaks offa turnovers. It’s fun to watch and completely demoralizing for the other team. You’d think with the lack of quality PGs in NCAA ball these days that more teams would press and play this way, but they don’t.[/QUOTE]

Kids don’t want to committ to coaches that make play defense an entire game. Sad.
That’s why teams like UAB usually have a limit… eventually they run into a team that has just enough talent and IQ to handle the pressure.

Another thing is that UAB appears to be heavily dependent on loose officiating. They get away with a LOT of contact.

Can we engineer a trade...Lutz for Anderson?

I think Mike Anderson’s mentor is available if you want to get the real deal–Nolan Richardson. He may just make John Chaney look sane.

Now if we can just get the Niners to block GW’s sweep of the A-14.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;158366]Looks like our favorite whiners Mempiss just got beat. How sad, I guess everyone better change that Bracket and knock them down from a 1 seed. Good win for UAB, looks like they bolstered their resume, looks like they might be on the right side of the bubble now.

Now lets all feel sorry for Carney and Callapari. :lmao:

UAB-80
Mempiss-74

:clap:, So much for your sweep of CUSA.[/QUOTE]

Nothing to feel sorry about this season. We were bound to lose at least 1 game on the road. Thank god for Houston coming up next.