Mens Basketball Highlights Video

Has anyone else noticed (and taken offense to) the absence of coach Lutz in the highlight video. This is shameful. Every other coach from the last 20 years is seen in the video, yet they omit Bobby. I understand we have a new coach with a new style, but to completely omit Bobby is distasteful, classless, and below this university. I am not one to bash our administration and I try not to second guess their decisions, as I have no insider knowledge on any issue, but I almost wish they would just quit showing the video at this point. If you are not going to include our all time winning coach in the highlight video, then I am not sure I want to continue to support the organization by purchasing season tickets. I can take the rebuilding, the crappy play at times, and the loss of one of our key players and chalk it all up to growing pains. I cannot take the lack of integrity and disrespect evident in this slight. Please chime in on this. Am I being overly sensitive and reading too much into this?

You don’t think it would be a little awkward for him to be in the video? Which highlight video are you referring too exactly?

Were you referring to the Women’s Highlight video tonight?..ergh oops!!

referring to the video with the final four highlights, Basden dunk, Plavich half court shot at IU, etc

I agree 100%. This is the video played right before the 2nd half right you are talking about? I can understand editing out some of Bobby, but to ignore his time here is wrong. If you are going to show some of the big wins under his watch then you need to show him.

Yeah, I noticed it. Surely there’s enough room for Lutz AND Major in the video.

Great Post ! ! !

I totally agree. I brought it up to my wife at the first home game. I thought they had fixed it last game because Lutz was back in it but apparently they slipped and played the old one because he was no where to be found tonight. No way am I a Major basher but it does piss me off for Lutz not to be in it.

Great Post ! ! ![/quote]

I hadn’t noticed, but I agree.

I love the video clip of someone hitting a big shot and Lutz going crazy and punching the air. I think it may have been in 98 when Guevera hit the shot against Chapel Hill, but I’m not certain.

I think Lutz will be back in, but I think they kept him out for now to show the passing of the guard.

[quote=“Niner National, post:10, topic:24483”]I hadn’t noticed, but I agree.

I love the video clip of someone hitting a big shot and Lutz going crazy and punching the air. I think it may have been in 98 when Guevera hit the shot against Chapel Hill, but I’m not certain.[/quote]

If i’m thinking of the right part, the clip of Lutz is actually from a home game, although the shot before was at a different place. I might be wrong though

I agree with unccfan 100%, it is apparent how they are distancing themselves from a head coach who was here longer than any other coach. However, I had to chuckle with the “Every other coach from the last 20 years” comment. There were only 2 “other coaches.” It’s difficult not to appreciate alums who spent over 20 years (Watkins) and 15 years (Lutz) at any program.

Lee Rose is justifiably in the video. And while difficult to find, I’m sure there is something out there with Bill Foster, who had a ridiculously good record. For that matter they could have a still photo of Dr. Harvey Murphy coaching at Harrisburg Gym in it. Not a big winner at Charlotte, Mike Pratt had a couple of big wins and was a vital part of the NIT/Final Four Seasons. Hal Wissel… nah.

History does not discriminate, you take both the good and the bad.

Is it the MASN ad you are talking about?

[quote=“ConcordNiners, post:12, topic:24483”][quote=“Niner National, post:10, topic:24483”]I hadn’t noticed, but I agree.

I love the video clip of someone hitting a big shot and Lutz going crazy and punching the air. I think it may have been in 98 when Guevera hit the shot against Chapel Hill, but I’m not certain.[/quote]

If i’m thinking of the right part, the clip of Lutz is actually from a home game, although the shot before was at a different place. I might be wrong though[/quote]

Watkins was the coach when Guevera hit the 3-pointer. Speaking of which is Watkins and Mullins in the video? I don’t recall seeing them. To me this is a non-issue, we see plenty of highlights from games that Lutz coached so I don’t view the lack of actually seeing Lutz in the video as disrespect.

Give it a little bit of time. He was just fired this past spring.

He’ll be in plenty of videos in the future, but it’s understandable.

Isn’t this the exact same video as last season but with only a few changes, anyway?

This is what I was thinking you meant. If so, there’s your answer.

Unless they changed it recently Lutz was in the halftime video a couple of times that I can recall from the Radford game.

Was last night’s different?

I agree Lutz should be in a video as of who he was and meant to this program, however i think it will be a time-game as to when he will appear as a distant “remarkable” figure. The packers will honor Brett Favre I am sure, but it sure wont be anytime soon. Then again he wasnt fired…In all honesty who really knows?

Mullins and Watkins are both in the video. I understand they do not need the 6 shots of Lutz that was in the video last year, but not even one shot? They pulled every shot of him and added one for Majors high fiving students. I understand that. Again, I am bothered by his eraser from the reel.