Miami Post Game

Just saw the stats and saw that we only committed 5 turnovers. That was a positive stat. We also took 13 more shots than Miami. Just got to shoot the ball better.

Came out early and I thought we were competing with them, but couldn’t get a single shot to fall. Ice cold starting out. Then Miami started playing and it was over. One of the commentators continually referred to us as “UNC Charlotte” over and over. I was about to jump through my TV screen and punch his big fat nose, then I just decided to go out and mow the lawn because it seemed like more fun. Going to be a long season. Is it Next year yet?

He also called the color commentator guy [name], “The Second” when on-screen it said “Jr”. I think he was drunk.

Positives for this game:

I did not watch it or keep track of it.

Izundu didn’t do anything against us.

Vanhook got special honors for being our only player to shoot 50% or better from the field (5-10 fgs).

Statistically, at least, we kept it closer than last game.

Color commentary was Mike Jarvis (ex George Washington, St Johns, and most recently FAU coach since we joined CUSA again). He knows who we are.

That game was not fun. Hopefully we see progress in the easier part of the schedule.

Next up is Campbell, and they’ve won their last 3 over SIU-Edwardsville, Coastal, and VMI.

Not this staff nor these kids fault we are possibly worst team in D1.

Sounds kinda like they eased up on us down the stretch, but still beat a 26 pt spread I saw. Everyone wins!! :o ::slight_smile: ???

clt says espn3 worked well.

The " UNC Charlotte" is beyond annoying

Izundu did nothing

Our road unis look pretty cool.

I believe it was his son Mike Jarvis Jr.

Can we really get that mad when someone refers to us with the actual name of the university?

Can we really get that mad when someone refers to us with the actual name of the university?[/quote]

USC Columbia, UNC Chapel Hill, etc…

Can we really get that mad when someone refers to us with the actual name of the university?[/quote]
Yes, the athletic department had made it clear what names are acceptable and UNC Charlotte is not. Individuals who use unc either ignore the notes from the ad or don’t give a f*.

Hell yes I get mad. I’m mad the university won’t change the name, but our athletics is Charlotte. Should be Charlotte, and I don’t get it when someone disagrees.

Nope it is not anybodys fault on staff or the team. Not many JV teams can beat the Varsity and that’s about what it boils down to.

I think right now with how badly we suck I could care less if they call us UNC Charlotte or not. Just turn this program around and then I’ll start caring about that kind of stuff again.

I’m starting to think that Brax is actually not that good after all. Next recruiting class is really important.

[quote=“Ben H, post:18, topic:30022”]I think right now with how badly we suck I could care less if they call us UNC Charlotte or not. Just turn this program around and then I’ll start caring about that kind of stuff again.

I’m starting to think that Brax is actually not that good after all. Next recruiting class is really important.[/quote] Is this a cut and copy from the last 7 years or so?

And what is crazy is Major got his extension based on Brax. When Judy called me about being livid about giving Major an extension she said we have a transfer sitting out and expect the team next year to be one of the best we have had in a long time and felt like it was important to have signed Major. Just. Awesome.