Micaleous Elder entering the transfer portal per Hunter Bailey. WR issues?

Thoughts?

Damn I really really really like Elder. He played big in some games. Wonder what is going on.

I wonder if Hardesty leaving for South Carolina had anything to do with the transfers. We still have a solid top 3 with Tucker, Dollar & Goode. If we start to have injuries then we will be inexperienced. I could see them picking up a late transfer. We did sign the Dutch Fork kid who is supposed to be pretty good, but I wouldn’t expect too much from a freshmen WR.

Hate to see him go, Elder was lightning. He brought something different to the offense, a home run threat every time he touched the ball. We’re still good at WR but starting to get a little lean.

That’s a good point about Hardesty, everyone in central Tennessee knows that name. Elder almost left before iirc, will be interesting to see where he ends up.

I forget when / why Ringwood left? He was dependable.

We do have Thompson at TE, whom I think we should use more in the passing game. He is really, really good.

Also wondering if Rico Arnold regrets leaving now? He showed some flashes his freshman year.

Healy said someone from that WR group outside of the established guys was playing really well this spring, but I can’t remember who it was.

clt says we can always convert one of the 85 dbs

1 Like

Always heard that DBs are where you play the WRs that can’t catch.

Or maybe it was…if a DB could catch he would be a WR.

what happen to Braylon Johnson?

I think Elder is no longer a Niner, by his choice, so he will be replaced and forgotten soon enough.

1 Like

John Madden