Michigan Post Mortem. RIP Niner Basketball. Worst beat down in our D1 history.

Too soon?

Houston Fancher came out to talk to Matt and Jobey. Right off the bat, he asked if there was tape delay in case he cursed. That sums things up. He said Price wanted to play the walk ons and end of bench players the whole second half but they were gassed. Price is trying to change the culture but this will be a tough slog.

Price took over a team of practically no returning players and with limited time to recruit. Hopefully, this was an “educational experience” for both players and coach.

I trust Price to turn this program around, but anyone who thought it would be fast was wrong. Yeah today was embarrassing, but yesterday was encouraging. We have an average CUSA starting lineup, but we have D2 depth. The worst thing a team with no depth can do is play back to back games. Yeah it’s gonna be tough to get fans to come out, but you don’t make the NCAA tournament on school spirit. Strong support can help persuade a player to come, or rattle a opposition player, but it won’t get you a bid. You get a bid off good coaching, good recruiting, and having a system in place. Last year we had none of those. This season, we have good coaching, and we are putting a system in place. Whether Price can recruit is largely unknown, but the early signs are good with Jackson coming in. But we weren’t gonna make the tournament this year, so this season is about growth. Michigan was always a worse matchup for us than Syracuse was or Connecticut would have been, because of they’re shooting. So far this season we are getting killed defending the 3. But for the first time in a while I have hope that we will actually improve as the season goes along.

On to Washinngton…

Price: 'There's not much to say about that. It was a disaster.' @Charlotte49ers

Athletic Department should get their just dues for what they did to Niner Basketball, but they won’t.

#thanksjudy Our current state can be traced to her decisions. Shame she isn’t held accountable.

Going to shop for some Niner gear early next week. Should be hugely discounted.

this thread title is not correct. we aren’t a D1 program.

We had a basketball game last night?

Y’all…the Panthers are 11-0. Don’t let our awful athletic department diminish the joys of professional football this year.

clt asks who do we play today? And when?

Syracuse coasted the entire game against us as if they were playing a D2 opponent. Michigan however just beat us down. My concern is that we now have several players on scholarship that have no business playing D1 basketball. What exactly are we going to do with these guys down the road? That will be interesting to see. This is really really bad. We will be lucky to win 5 games.

“The sky is falling. The sky is falling”

[quote=“jfickett, post:11, topic:29997”]We had a basketball game last night?

Y’all…the Panthers are 11-0. Don’t let our awful athletic department diminish the joys of professional football this year.[/quote]

The Panthers aren’t run on student fees. Heads roll when they lose.

[quote=“NLP49, post:15, topic:29997”][quote=“jfickett, post:11, topic:29997”]We had a basketball game last night?

Y’all…the Panthers are 11-0. Don’t let our awful athletic department diminish the joys of professional football this year.[/quote]

The Panthers aren’t run on student fees. Heads roll when they lose.[/quote]

Huh? You mean the Panthers’ management has not depended on students to fill half the seats in the venue? How do they find time to all take 3 hour lunches together?

[quote=“49r9r, post:16, topic:29997”][quote=“NLP49, post:15, topic:29997”][quote=“jfickett, post:11, topic:29997”]We had a basketball game last night?

Huh? You mean the Panthers’ management has not depended on students to fill half the seats in the venue? How do they find time to all take 3 hour lunches together?[/quote] I seem to recall that our beloved pro football team had lost about twice as many as they had won this time last year. Things change and can change for the better. Price may get it done.
Anyway, having a fantastic pro season locally in no way diminishes the pain I’m feeling as a Niner fan right now.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:18, topic:29997”][quote=“49r9r, post:16, topic:29997”][quote=“NLP49, post:15, topic:29997”][quote=“jfickett, post:11, topic:29997”]We had a basketball game last night?

Huh? You mean the Panthers’ management has not depended on students to fill half the seats in the venue? How do they find time to all take 3 hour lunches together?[/quote] I seem to recall that our beloved pro football team had lost about twice as many as they had won this time last year. Things change and can change for the better. Price may get it done.
Anyway, having a fantastic pro season locally in no way diminishes the pain I’m feeling as a Niner fan right now.[/quote]

I applaud your glass half full approach. My glass is half full of tears.

Oh the humanity.

I posted after the ECU game that our football team may be more competitive than our bball team this year. I wasn’t joking.