Michigan Post Mortem. RIP Niner Basketball. Worst beat down in our D1 history.

Michigan just hit another 3.

Washington Huskies at 9:30 PM. I assume this will be an AXSTV game

My opinion of what needs to be done at end of season. Benas and blakely need to be shown the door. They are bad players. Just that simple. Those schollies can go to real players. As bad as this feels, we are not really that far away. I like whkte, scott, and Davis. That would give us 4 schollies so we could add 2-3 bugs and a wing to go with jackson, prices son, and the Swede. We are in business at that point but some of our current players have to go.

I’m as ruthless as they come when it comes to sports. I believe in about everything physically possible to win at all costs.

that said, you don’t show 49ers on a roster the exit door. They are kids who agreed to be at UNCC. Its a 4 year agreement. You can certainly park someone on 13th bench spot, but you don’t tell kids to leave. (unless they commit armed robbery like Major’s first recruit)

I’m as ruthless as they come when it comes to sports. I believe in about everything physically possible to win at all costs.

that said, you don’t show 49ers on a roster the exit door. They are kids who agreed to be at UNCC. Its a 4 year agreement. You can certainly park someone on 13th bench spot, but you don’t tell kids to leave. (unless they commit armed robbery like Major’s first recruit)[/quote]

Fine, tell them they won’t play much, which they better not. Benas isn’t just bad, he’s lazy and soft. Doesn’t deserve to be here.

that said, you don’t show 49ers on a roster the exit door. They are kids who agreed to be at UNCC. Its a 4 year agreement. You can certainly park someone on 13th bench spot, but you don’t tell kids to leave. (unless they commit armed robbery like Major’s first recruit)[/quote]yeah I largely agree. Maybe suggest to them that it would be in their best interest to explore other options because they won’t get play time here, but don’t yank the scholarships. That’s a bad look.

that said, you don’t show 49ers on a roster the exit door. They are kids who agreed to be at UNCC. Its a 4 year agreement. You can certainly park someone on 13th bench spot, but you don’t tell kids to leave. (unless they commit armed robbery like Major’s first recruit)[/quote]yeah I largely agree. Maybe suggest to them that it would be in their best interest to explore other options because they won’t get play time here, but don’t yank the scholarships. That’s a bad look.[/quote]

That’s more or less what I meant.

You know when you are driving down the interstate and you see up ahead some animal has been destroyed by a truck. You want to look at the shattered remains but not really. So I sort of glance with my eyes half shut.

That is what I feel about our team this year. They are not very good. I had a little optimism after we did sort of OK against Syracuse. But wow. We need a lot of help.

that said, you don’t show 49ers on a roster the exit door. They are kids who agreed to be at UNCC. Its a 4 year agreement. You can certainly park someone on 13th bench spot, but you don’t tell kids to leave. (unless they commit armed robbery like Major’s first recruit)[/quote]
I agree- can’t do that.

Voncina committed armed robbery?? I didn’t know that

(removed image. Don’t want to get a phone call that it was somehow a threat.)

Our only saving grace is the CUSA is bad…hopefully the teams confidence isn’t completely shot by the team we get to conference play.

Also :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW, I’m no Judy fan but she did what 99% of the people said she should do and fired Major. This is the result.

You can argue all day that Major was a bad hire and I don’t think anyone will disagree but she fired him and this is what we’re left with. It’s gonna be a long year, sadly it’s been a long 10 years and it’s not going to be better until at least next year (hopefully).

I’ve said it plenty of times, we don’t have legit D1 talent on the roster. If you really think we do, you don’t know much about the game, sorry, that’s not meant to be insulting but it’s the sad truth.

I don’t know if Price can coach or not and neither does anyone else. But I damn sure hope he can recruit cause we have maybe two guys on the roster that would get decent minutes at a good D1 program and that has to change.

^we should have fired major after the 13-14 season, the one where we lost 8 of our last 12, and had a 40+ point loss to FSU and getting upset by USTA, Marshal and ECU.

Or maybe, don’t hire him in the first place.

Judy backed us up in a corner with her decisions over the last ten years.

The mismanagement of our basketball program is astounding and in almost any other line of work someone would be held accountable.

First we take the all time winningest coach and refuse to extend him, which impacts his recruiting ability then he has a decent season and we give him a long term contract, then he has a collapse and we fire him owing him his entire contract. We are told he was fired because NCAA is our goal and he hasn’t been there in 5 years, even though I think almost all of us know coach and AD didn’t get a long. We then hire a guy who has never been a head coach and has the personality of a wall, apparently a DVD of two NBA guys can win you the job. This coach is given the previous coaches players but has no idea how to manage them kicks one guy off loses another to grades and then proceeds to recruit great talent which most leaves after a year or two. This coach was terrible and halton attendance was declining so we naturally extend him giving him 5 years under contract. 1 year into that deal we part ways without the AD EVER saying it was for his performance and we owe home a fair amount of cash. We then hire a guy with a great name but again no head coaching experience. Unlike the previous coach we allow current players to leave leaving this coach with a hollowed out roster and little time to recruit.

It’s just amazing to me that anyone can stand by Judy. She has literally run this program into the ground. We have paid two coaches something like 1.5 million to not coach us while stinking it up in two conferences, apr issues, loss after loss, terrible attendance, crappy atmosphere, and I could go on. The only ones of us left are the idiots who have more passion than sense.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:35, topic:29997”]The mismanagement of our basketball program is astounding and in almost any other line of work someone would be held accountable.

First we take the all time winningest coach and refuse to extend him, which impacts his recruiting ability then he has a decent season and we give him a long term contract, he then wins 11 games (finishing 12th in the a10) and gets an additional year extension, then he has a collapse and we fire him owing him his entire contract. We are told he was fired because NCAA is our goal and he hasn’t been there in 5 years, even though I think almost all of us know coach and AD didn’t get a long. We then hire a guy who has never been a head coach and has the personality of a wall, apparently a DVD of two NBA guys can win you the job. This coach is given the previous coaches players but has no idea how to manage them kicks one guy off loses another to grades and then proceeds to recruit great talent which most leaves after a year or two. This coach was terrible and halton attendance was declining so we naturally extend him giving him 5 years under contract, after finishing 8th in the a10. 1 2 years into that deal we part ways without the AD EVER saying it was for his performance and we owe home a fair amount of cash. We then hire a guy with a great name but again no head coaching experience. Unlike the previous coach we allow current players to leave leaving this coach with a hollowed out roster and little time to recruit.

It’s just amazing to me that anyone can stand by Judy. She has literally run this program into the ground. We have paid two coaches something like 1.5 million to not coach us while stinking it up in two conferences, apr issues, loss after loss, terrible attendance, crappy atmosphere, and I could go on. The only ones of us left are the idiots who have more passion than sense.[/quote]
I edited some things, but it’s just so awful.

I think Scott can be a really good player. 8)

Relax everyone. The BLOW UP THE PROGRAM AND REBUILD IT proposal that so many on here were so hot for, seems to be right on schedule. It’s certainly blown the hell up at this point. So, time to rebuild. Right? It’s gonna be fun. Just watch…if you got 3-5 years to spare.

I agree- can’t do that.

Voncina committed armed robbery?? I didn’t know that[/quote]

I believe they are referring to Mayfield.

If Price wins 10 games with this bunch he should win D1 Coach of the Year