Mid-Season Grades

We have hit the halfway point in the season…

So wanted to hear how you would grade some of the positions and overall team so far this season…

THIS IS FREE TO ALL… so let’s hear your thoughts.

https://charlotte.forums.rivals.com/threads/mid-season-grades.2507/

Offense
QB: D-
RB: A-
WR: C
Line: C

Defense

Line: C+
LB: B-
Secondary: C+

Special Teams
C-

I would add:
Coaches:

DC: C+
OC: D-
Head Coach: C

Fans

Students: B+
Other: B

[quote=“49erForever, post:3, topic:29906”]I would add:
Coaches:

DC: C+
OC: D-
Head Coach: C[/quote]I’d give the dc a B or better. He has taken a group that is largely the same and made them play better against better competition.

Lambert and mullen get an F in my mind. Terrible clock management, terrible qb rotations, poor play calling. It is painful and embarrassing to watch.

QB - F. Don’t really have to explain this one. We are 4-2 with even decent QB play
RB - B+. Was going to give an A. But the Buie fumble is too fresh in my mind
WR- C (Grade hugely impacted by terrible QB play)
TE- B. Grossly underutilized IMO
OL- C+. This grade is curved up because of injuries. The unit has been wounded all year
P- C+. Much better than last year, but still needs work
K- B. Brewer is a solid kicker
Kick Coverege- C. I get nervous on every punt/kick off
Kick Returns- D. Not a threat at all
DL: B. Still thin, pass rush is inconsistent. But they have played well save MTSU
LB: B. Same as above
DB: C+. Too many big plays.

OC: C- far too often we seem to be jamming a round peg is a square hole. QB play is huge, but we don’t adapt to the limitations. Not scoring a Td when we had the chance to kill ODU was brutal
DC: B+. The improvements have been huge. Under Tall we’d have lost to GaSt and been routed several other games we were competitive in
HC: C+. Down a full letter grade simply because we don’t have a QB

I give the OLine a B.
We’re not rushing for 186 due to blazing speed. The quarterbacks have also been somewhat upright and getting time to throw. Plus it’s been a little patchwork.

Wallerstedt gets an A from me, the turnaround on D has almost been miraculous.

[quote=“s9er, post:6, topic:29906”]OC: C- far too often we seem to be jamming a round peg is a square hole. QB play is huge, but we don’t adapt to the limitations. Not scoring a Td when we had the chance to kill ODU was brutal[/quote]Geometry = C- Round pegs will fit in square holes. :wink:

qbs: triple F -

HC: C (QB really plays into this being what it is)
OC: B- We run the ball very well with little passing support, not easy to do.
DC: A relative to the Tall era, we’ve seen a dramatic improvement on this side of the ball.
ST: C+ Punting is improved, minimal skills being shown in the return game.

QB: D only because it has slightly improved, only had 1 direction to go
RB: A- Buie fumble hurt big time, otherwise an A
WR/HB: incomplete…just like many passes. Hard to gauge things here for me.
OL: B sustained quite a few injuries here, we’ve still ran the ball extremely well

HC: C
OC: F-, expelled from school
DC: A
ST: B

QB: F-, moved into special ed classes
RB: A+
WR/HB: B
OL: B