Mid-Season Grades

We have hit the halfway point in the seasonā€¦

So wanted to hear how you would grade some of the positions and overall team so far this seasonā€¦

THIS IS FREE TO ALLā€¦ so letā€™s hear your thoughts.

https://charlotte.forums.rivals.com/threads/mid-season-grades.2507/

Offense
QB: D-
RB: A-
WR: C
Line: C

Defense

Line: C+
LB: B-
Secondary: C+

Special Teams
C-

I would add:
Coaches:

DC: C+
OC: D-
Head Coach: C

Fans

Students: B+
Other: B

[quote=ā€œ49erForever, post:3, topic:29906ā€]I would add:
Coaches:

DC: C+
OC: D-
Head Coach: C[/quote]Iā€™d give the dc a B or better. He has taken a group that is largely the same and made them play better against better competition.

Lambert and mullen get an F in my mind. Terrible clock management, terrible qb rotations, poor play calling. It is painful and embarrassing to watch.

QB - F. Donā€™t really have to explain this one. We are 4-2 with even decent QB play
RB - B+. Was going to give an A. But the Buie fumble is too fresh in my mind
WR- C (Grade hugely impacted by terrible QB play)
TE- B. Grossly underutilized IMO
OL- C+. This grade is curved up because of injuries. The unit has been wounded all year
P- C+. Much better than last year, but still needs work
K- B. Brewer is a solid kicker
Kick Coverege- C. I get nervous on every punt/kick off
Kick Returns- D. Not a threat at all
DL: B. Still thin, pass rush is inconsistent. But they have played well save MTSU
LB: B. Same as above
DB: C+. Too many big plays.

OC: C- far too often we seem to be jamming a round peg is a square hole. QB play is huge, but we donā€™t adapt to the limitations. Not scoring a Td when we had the chance to kill ODU was brutal
DC: B+. The improvements have been huge. Under Tall weā€™d have lost to GaSt and been routed several other games we were competitive in
HC: C+. Down a full letter grade simply because we donā€™t have a QB

I give the OLine a B.
Weā€™re not rushing for 186 due to blazing speed. The quarterbacks have also been somewhat upright and getting time to throw. Plus itā€™s been a little patchwork.

Wallerstedt gets an A from me, the turnaround on D has almost been miraculous.

[quote=ā€œs9er, post:6, topic:29906ā€]OC: C- far too often we seem to be jamming a round peg is a square hole. QB play is huge, but we donā€™t adapt to the limitations. Not scoring a Td when we had the chance to kill ODU was brutal[/quote]Geometry = C- Round pegs will fit in square holes. :wink:

qbs: triple F -

HC: C (QB really plays into this being what it is)
OC: B- We run the ball very well with little passing support, not easy to do.
DC: A relative to the Tall era, weā€™ve seen a dramatic improvement on this side of the ball.
ST: C+ Punting is improved, minimal skills being shown in the return game.

QB: D only because it has slightly improved, only had 1 direction to go
RB: A- Buie fumble hurt big time, otherwise an A
WR/HB: incompleteā€¦just like many passes. Hard to gauge things here for me.
OL: B sustained quite a few injuries here, weā€™ve still ran the ball extremely well

HC: C
OC: F-, expelled from school
DC: A
ST: B

QB: F-, moved into special ed classes
RB: A+
WR/HB: B
OL: B