Mike Hill, aka: 🐐 in training

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the undergraduate school they attended but by the content of their character.”

A lot of my issue with hiring a UNC-CHeat grad would be the possibility of the mentality that CHeat and NCSU are the flagships, so let’s do the best we can with our lil ole athletic program. I’m concerned that someone who has been a Hole fan will always think “they’re the class of the state” and wouldn’t expect us to compete with them.

I don’t want that.

I want someone who is going to come in guns blazing, on the back of a squealing hog, with a middle finger in the air and a stogie hanging out of his mouth, looking to plant a State of Charlotte flag right in the middle of anyone’s territory that dares say we shouldn’t try to compete with the big boys. Not saying Hill wouldn’t do that, but the association/connection to CHeat certainly concerns me.

I would hope being a two year student assistant to the SID, wouldn’t be enough to condemn
him and not think you could do a great job here.
I’m sure he wasn’t responsible for the mindset of CHeat athletics ?

I SURE WOULD…Ol’ Roy is a freakin’ idiot…He literally has 5+ McD AAs on his team EVERY year.

I think Carolina has 3 on team now. Duke always has more. Regardless, we need to support whoever is selected as the new AD and give them a reasonable chance to succeed.

I SURE WOULD…Ol’ Roy is a freakin’ idiot…He literally has 5+ McD AAs on his team EVERY year.
[/quote]

This hasn’t been true for about a decade. This year they only have 2.

[quote=“NewNiner, post:22, topic:32386”]A lot of my issue with hiring a UNC-CHeat grad would be the possibility of the mentality that CHeat and NCSU are the flagships, so let’s do the best we can with our lil ole athletic program. I’m concerned that someone who has been a Hole fan will always think “they’re the class of the state” and wouldn’t expect us to compete with them.

I don’t want that.

I want someone who is going to come in guns blazing, on the back of a squealing hog, with a middle finger in the air and a stogie hanging out of his mouth, looking to plant a State of Charlotte flag right in the middle of anyone’s territory that dares say we shouldn’t try to compete with the big boys. Not saying Hill wouldn’t do that, but the association/connection to CHeat certainly concerns me.[/quote]

I enjoyed this post quite a bit.

I don’t care what you say, Mike Hunt will lead us out of the hole we’re in.

Shame he’s not a candidate, then.

:stuck_out_tongue:

The post below from NewNiner is the best post ever on this forum. I totally agree. The person and attitude described is exactly what this institution needs. When I arrived on campus years ago, I had the Go Heels plate on the front of my car. Once I realized what UNC Charlotte was all about and the potential we had, the plate came off. Until we remove the complacency and inferior attitude with the one described as the one riding on the back of a squealing hog, we will never come close to realizing our potential. For goodness sake “leaders of this university” stand up and fight for what is possible and quit settling for second place just because it is acceptable and encouraged by the UNC system. It is time for the alumni, students, fans and all supporters to hold our leadership accountable and demand we reach for what is possible, not what is acceptable. No more University of North Carolina of Complacency (UNCC). It is time for a new attitude and to become THE University of Charlotte. Mike Hill very well may be the guy but not if he (or anyone) plans on coming in here with a willingness to “just be another of the UNC satellite campus.” It is time for a change in attitude.

Quote from: NewNiner on Today at 10:38:27 am
A lot of my issue with hiring a UNC-CHeat grad would be the possibility of the mentality that CHeat and NCSU are the flagships, so let’s do the best we can with our lil ole athletic program. I’m concerned that someone who has been a Hole fan will always think “they’re the class of the state” and wouldn’t expect us to compete with them.

I don’t want that.

I want someone who is going to come in guns blazing, on the back of a squealing hog, with a middle finger in the air and a stogie hanging out of his mouth, looking to plant a State of Charlotte flag right in the middle of anyone’s territory that dares say we shouldn’t try to compete with the big boys. Not saying Hill wouldn’t do that, but the association/connection to CHeat certainly concerns me.

clt says connect the dots.

Mike Hill
Chapel Hill

Personally, I don’t care if the new AD is Dean Smith’s son. As long as he hires an outstanding basketball coach who can help us dominate CUSA and hopefully, move to a better league, fundraise, help promote name change etc, I am happy.

This hasn’t been true for about a decade. This year they only have 2.
[/quote]. The decade part is Definitely false. Also, even now the point is the same. His teams are stocked full of “hs all Americans” of one sort or the other. He should be challenging for titles constantly.

This hasn’t been true for about a decade. This year they only have 2.[/quote]. The decade part is Definitely false. Also, even now the point is the same. His teams are stocked full of “hs all Americans” of one sort or the other. He should be challenging for titles constantly.
[/quote]
If you haven’t noticed he has 3 championships in the last 12 years which is as good or better than any other coach in the country. Has been to the last two championship games with mostly 3 & 4 star players when a lot of the top programs like Duke & Kentucky are getting 3 or 4 5 star recruits every year. As a life long Tarheel fan & 49er Alum/Fan I do not understand why any of you think UNC has anything to do with the sad condition our football & basketball programs are in. I hope that the best candidate is hired for the job & the people making this decision are not using the middle school logic you are using when you make these statements. Very few successful coaches & athletic directors are employed by the schools they attended so the idea that it creates some kind of conflict of interest is ridiculous. I don’t know if Hill is the right man for the job but ruling him out because he graduated from UNC is stupid if you truly care about the future of 49er athletics.

[quote=“MHH2006, post:34, topic:32386”][quote=“919R, post:33, topic:32386”][quote=“coacharete, post:26, topic:32386”][font=Verdana][/font][quote=“919R, post:33, topic:32386”][font=Verdana][/font]

I SURE WOULD…Ol’ Roy is a freakin’ idiot…He literally has 5+ McD AAs on his team EVERY year.[/quote]

This hasn’t been true for about a decade. This year they only have 2.[/quote]. The decade part is Definitely false. Also, even now the point is the same. His teams are stocked full of “hs all Americans” of one sort or the other. He should be challenging for titles constantly.[/quote]
As a life long Tarheel fan & 49er Alum/Fan I do not understand why any of you think UNC has anything to do with the sad condition our football & basketball programs are in. I hope that the best candidate is hired for the job & the people making this decision are not using the middle school logic you are using when you make these statements. Very few successful coaches & athletic directors are employed by the schools they attended so the idea that it creates some kind of conflict of interest is ridiculous. I don’t know if Hill is the right man for the job but ruling him out because he graduated from UNC is stupid if you truly care about the future of 49er athletics.[font=Verdana][/size][/font][/quote][font=Verdana][/font]

For one thing, they draw fans from our potential fan base.

This hasn’t been true for about a decade. This year they only have 2.[/quote]. The decade part is Definitely false. Also, even now the point is the same. His teams are stocked full of “hs all Americans” of one sort or the other. He should be challenging for titles constantly.[/quote]
If you haven’t noticed he has 3 championships in the last 12 years which is as good or better than any other coach in the country. Has been to the last two championship games with mostly 3 & 4 star players when a lot of the top programs like Duke & Kentucky are getting 3 or 4 5 star recruits every year. As a life long Tarheel fan & 49er Alum/Fan I do not understand why any of you think UNC has anything to do with the sad condition our football & basketball programs are in. I hope that the best candidate is hired for the job & the people making this decision are not using the middle school logic you are using when you make these statements. Very few successful coaches & athletic directors are employed by the schools they attended so the idea that it creates some kind of conflict of interest is ridiculous. I don’t know if Hill is the right man for the job but ruling him out because he graduated from UNC is stupid if you truly care about the future of 49er athletics.
[/quote]

clt says Appy troll is obvious

Troll is a “lifelong Tarheel fan”. Love hearing that idiotic phrase. Tells me the person is stuck in old habits and can’t see the rot thats right in front of them. I always like to reply that “well, I used to s*** my pants when I was a baby, too, but I learned better”.
Whichever of you regular posters who assumed a new identity to troll us with this post, go straight to Hell.

Troll is a “lifelong Tarheel fan”. Love hearing that idiotic phrase. Tells me the person is stuck in old habits and can’t see the rot thats right in front of them. I always like to reply that “well, I used to s*** my pants when I was a baby, too, but I learned better”.
Whichever of you regular posters who assumed a new identity to troll us with this post, go straight to Hell.[/quote]

2 Five stars and 6 or 7 4 stars that stick around for 3 or 4 years is pretty damn good. I don’t think Roy is an idiot but don’t act like he doesn’t have talent to compete and “coaches up lesser players”. That’s asinine.

But, to your point that it’s silly that we shouldn’t hire a guy just because he’s from UNCCh is spot on. If he’s the right guy to turn this dumpster fire of an Athletic Dept then sign him tomorrow.

Whichever of you regular posters who assumed a new identity to troll us with this post, go straight to Hell.[/quote]

2 Five stars and 6 or 7 4 stars that stick around for 3 or 4 years is pretty damn good. I don’t think Roy is an idiot but don’t act like he doesn’t have talent to compete and “coaches up lesser players”. That’s asinine.

But, to your point that it’s silly that we shouldn’t hire a guy just because he’s from UNCCh is spot on. If he’s the right guy to turn this dumpster fire of an Athletic Dept then sign him tomorrow.[/quote]
Wasn’t trying to say he doesn’t have talent at all. They’re an NBA team compared to our talent level. Just pointing out that it’s been a long time since he has had the best recruiting class in the country & he’s been beating teams with better recruiting classes & coaches who get a lot more credit for their coaching ability. I really think these days the 3 or 4 year 3 star recruit is much more valuable than the 5 star 1 & done. I don’t think he’s a great X’s & O’s coach but he’s far from the idiot that some people on here try to make him out to be. Anyway the real point was I would be fine with a UNC, Duke or NC State alum if they can straighten this program out.

Mike Hill is the front runner. Maybe he can bring us Kennedy.