Mike Persinger appreciation thread

I know more than a few posters don’t agree with me on this, but I thought it was about time for an appreciation thread for Mr Persinger. This guy takes TONS of crap and gets abused all the time on here, but continues to follow our team, read our incredibly awesome message board, and care enough to get us some AWESOME coverage in the Observer. I know some will complain that he starts stuff and therefore will get crap back because of it, but I’m not buying that. Our covereage in the Observer has increased by twenty million percent, and I think we should thank him for that. I dont know where he went to school, but he follows this team close enough and cares enough about it that he seems like a Niner. Thanks Mr P

As I said in another thread…Thanks for caring enough to come on here and take the crap that you always seem to get.

Thanks Mike!

let’s all hold hands and sing kumbaya. :smiley:

Word, again Chisox. Over the past year our coverage has grown, and I also think a lot of that has to do with a DUKE player…Bilas, he has faith in Bobby and our program and has helped with the national attention, while the observer is making people in the Charlotte area go “Niners?” …to “LETS GO NINERS!!!”

Props to the O.

Mike has thick skin…has to in his business. Mike’s not a Niner fan in the sense that most of us are but I appreciate the interest he expresses by spending so much time on this board. It’s a good relationship for both sides of the equation in my opinion. He cares about how we feel about our team and he knows how much we want to read about our team on a regular basis. I think that if it were good business, we’d get even more coverage than we do. Mike is good people.

And Jena was a super land for the Charlotte Observer and for us, as Niner fans. She’s done a great job covering the team this year.

Chisox, thanks. But stop, guys. I don’t need this. I’m on here because the Niners are an important part of my job, and I want to understand and know what’s going on. Like it or not, you’re all stuck with me. I plan to be SE at the Observer for a LONG time.

mike p is a toke…er…tomatoe. keep up the good work mike.

[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 10:46 PM [b] I plan to be SE at the Observer for a LONG time. [/b]
I hope so, keep up the good work Mr Persinger
[i]Originally posted by Chisox17+Jan 23 2005, 12:45 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Chisox17 @ Jan 23 2005, 12:45 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Mike_Persinger[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 10:46 PM [b] I plan to be SE at the Observer for a LONG time. [/b] I hope so, keep up the good work Mr Persinger [/b][/quote] Are you just trying to kiss ass so your dad gets a raise????

Let’s change this to a Schlitz Ice appreciation thread!

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er+Jan 22 2005, 11:47 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jimmyhat49er @ Jan 22 2005, 11:47 PM)
Originally posted by Chisox17@Jan 23 2005, 12:45 AM [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Mike_Persinger[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 10:46 PM [b] I plan to be SE at the Observer for a LONG time. [/b]
I hope so, keep up the good work Mr Persinger [/b] Are you just trying to kiss ass so your dad gets a raise???? [/b][/quote] LOL nice theory jimmyhat, but nah i really do think Mr Persinger is a good guy and has done a great job with our coverage this year
[i]Originally posted by Chisox17+Jan 23 2005, 12:50 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Chisox17 @ Jan 23 2005, 12:50 AM)
Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er@Jan 22 2005, 11:47 PM [b]
Originally posted by Chisox17@Jan 23 2005, 12:45 AM [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Mike_Persinger[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 10:46 PM [b] I plan to be SE at the Observer for a LONG time. [/b]
I hope so, keep up the good work Mr Persinger [/b]
Are you just trying to kiss ass so your dad gets a raise???? [/b] LOL nice theory jimmyhat, but nah i really do think Mr Persinger is a good guy and has done a great job with our coverage this year [/b][/quote] Hey Kid, do us all a favor and stop calling him Mr. Your making me feel old so I know you must be making him feel old.

damn jimmyhat what crawled up your ass

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 12:54 AM [b] damn jimmyhat what crawled up your ass [/b]
LOL... I'm just picking on you.... Gald to see you use a little profanity though, for a minute I thought Beaver Cleaver was signed in under your screen name.(He was a kid on TV a long time ago).
[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 11:47 PM [b] Are you just trying to kiss ass so your dad gets a raise???? [/b]
:D :D :D

Yes, the coverage has increased, but it should have always been this good. After all, we are CHARLOTTE"S team, we are in a major conference, & we have a program to be proud of. The Observer still occasionally displays its “Double Standard” (as admitted by some of its supporters) & goes out of its way to promote the acc, but our coverage has indeed increased this year. Of course, it could NOT have gotten any worse.

I just got back into town & have not checked this board in over a week, so I don’t know if we’ve had another token thread since I’ve been gone.

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 11:56 PM [b] LOL... I'm just picking on you.... Gald to see you use a little profanity though, for a minute I thought Beaver Cleaver was signed in under your screen name.(He was a kid on TV a long time ago). [/b]
haha its all good man. and yeah i know who beaver cleaver is, never thought in a million years i would somehow be compared to that guy

I sure wish the Observer would PROMOTE us the way they PROMOTE the acc. Yes, our coverage has increased. No argument there at all… but reading the Observer is like reading one big advertisement PROMOTING the acc.

Can you say D-O-U-B-L-E S-T-A-N-D-A-R-D?

By the way Mike, thanks for giving us the coverage we should have always received. No complaints there at all.

B)

I agree with what Over40 said in his first thread. I agree the coverage has increased. I am glad Mike comes on here to check the scene. I agree he does catch a lot of heat (sometimes from myself). But I think being grateful is ridiculous. Like Over40 said, it is the CHARLOTTE Observer. The main university in Charlotte getting coverage should be a given. It should be a partnership. We should be thankful if the coverage is 5 times more than anybody else, not just when you get covered.

I do like Mike. And I hope he does stay for a long time. That’s assuming the coverage is 5 times more.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 11:48 PM [b] Let's change this to a Schlitz Ice appreciation thread! [/b]
ewwwwwwwwwwwww........... Shlitz Ice???????

I thank Mike P. for putting us in the paper this year. I strained my eyes pretty hard trying to find stories on us in the Obsvr. last year. The observer coverage of the Niners actually supasses the U-Times’ coverage this year.

I also think its good that his paper was the first to step forward and reject the BCS of college football due to the integrity thing and then have the whole AP realize Mike P. was right and then follow and do the same thing.

On a slow sports news day, I wanna see a (sports section) front page story about how there exists in Charlotte a 20,000 student university with a bad ass D-1 basketball team and no football team. That is just an idea for a story.