Minutes distribution/starting lineup

For the record, it is my opinion after watching Carrawell for 4 years that had he not had to share the ball with Wendell Moore he would have had a much different offer sheet. I am thrilled we got him.

I have NO idea what it could look like at this point, Iā€™m not sure the roster is 100% set, weā€™re still in the ā€œopt outā€ window in my opinion.

PG: Shepherd, Young, Younger, Edwards
SG: Edwards, Robb/Carrawell/Younger/Bertram
SF: Vasic, Martin, Carrawell/Younger
PF: Williams, Vasic,
C: Supica, Bamba

I can see us trying to RS Rissetto if at all possible.

Rissetto was technically c/o 2018 out of high school, correct? So technically if we can redshirt him we will be getting a 20 year old freshman with 4 years eligibility.

If you redshirt him, you probably wonā€™t have him for 4 years.

1 Like

Thats true, but so many are transferring now anyways.

But a redshirt pretty much guarantees a transfer nowadays.

Agreed. Carrawell will be a contributor early on.

If we are on the trajectory we all hope that we are our recruits two years from now will be better than those we got this year. We should not redshirt anyone except for injuries. Play everyone now, win all we can, and replace players with even better recruits.

If we are not on that trajectory we have bigger problems.

THIS!!! I get so sick of hearing ā€œwe should red-shirt ------ this yearā€. Screw that. All hands on deck NOW! Win as much as we can, as soon as we can.

2 Likes

If heā€™s better than Supica/Bamba as a true fresh coming from overseas, bless him and us and play him 30mpg. Most international guys take some time to adjust.

Doesnā€™t matterā€¦its depth if we need itā€¦injuries, foul trouble, etcā€¦good grief, we were using a 6ā€™6ā€™ walk on ā€œbig manā€ last year

We were, thats why I said ā€œif at all possibleā€ ā€” odds are it isnā€™t.

Thanks! Iā€™ve been sitting on the sidelines watching these convoā€™s for too longā€¦figured it was time to join in lol

1 Like

Can everyone just stop and realize we are having an actual playing time debate about our basketball team that matters???

1 Like

itā€™s a nice feeling. i think we will have ups and downs this season but we will see legit talent for the first time since major(but with way better coaching). a lot of you guys seem to think edwards starts. i could see it based on experience and defense but it would still suprise me.

From what I remember reading in one of the articles posted it sounded like Edwards came on strong the second half of this past season & became a key player for Providence. I can see how he could compete for a starting role if he did that in the Big East. There should be good competition at every position & that can only be a good thing.

i can imagine that competition will be at an all time high across the board. some of the best young talent in a long time. some guys with a season-in-the-system under their belts. and a couple grad vets that have been thru some growth. it should be fun!

1 Like