Mitch is Back !!

I thought Mitch looked very good tonight. Except for the foul on the 3 which was more caused by the shooter doing the Reggie Miller leg kick and the 2 missed FT’s at the end (ugh!!), I thought Mitch ran the offense really well. The stats don’t show it much with only 4 assists and no turnovers but I thought he did a good job of pushing the ball and making good decisions.

I absolutely agree. Great floor game.

Mitch in NO WAY fouled on that play…Memphis’ player kicked his foot out into Mitch’s leg, and drew contact, thus a foul was called. Savvy play on his part though

Mitch had some great post game comments.
He immediately apologized for “fouling” the guy on that 3 - even said he threw his legs into him, “but I shouldn’t have been that close”. Also talked about how ever since the Cincy game, we’ve known we can go down and come back to take the lead.
Also talked about how the play Eddie made at the end is one he “sees every day in practice” and how “I wasn’t going to let us beat ourselves” and that if they got outplayed, fine, but they weren’t going to turn the ball over or take bad shots.

Mitch has turned into a great floor leader/point guard, IMO.

And a great spokesperson/ambasador for the team.

Mitches hand and body were all atleast a foot or farther away from my angle from the shooter, should’ve been offensive foul.

[i]Originally posted by Florida49er[/i]@Feb 23 2005, 10:13 PM [b] Mitch had some great post game comments. He immediately apologized for "fouling" the guy on that 3 - even said he threw his legs into him, "but I shouldn't have been that close". Also talked about how ever since the Cincy game, we've known we can go down and come back to take the lead. Also talked about how the play Eddie made at the end is one he "sees every day in practice" and how "I wasn't going to let us beat ourselves" and that if they got outplayed, fine, but they weren't going to turn the ball over or take bad shots.

Mitch has turned into a great floor leader/point guard, IMO. [/b]

I heard that… Mitch is a real class act and will be a great leader for us next year. He could have had several more assists, but the guys he passed to couldn’t finish or got fouled.

I can’t believe they called that foul on the 3 ball. Nice acting job… I can’t believe the officials bought it though.

6 turnovers total for the entire game. That’s insane, and damn good ball handling.