Mitchell Baldwin news upcoming ...

… on charlotte.com in next few minutes. Also a Pigford update.

as all of us quickly load charlotte.com…i can’t find anything, anyone see it yet?

EDIT: ahh, the clock on this is in central time, thought that post was from an hour ago, nevermind…still anxious about this news…

Nope.

I hope it’s good news. :unsure:

Huh… So the air in smokey bars IS bad for your health… well what do you know

NEWS FLASH>>> Air worse in smokey bars

Hmm, wonder if we have a new entry on the Meck County Arrest website?

EDIT: good thing its only a broken hand

No. It’s a boost for the Miller Clinic though. :frowning:

Mitch out with broken hand

No good news at all. This will set him back.

Hopefully this will let us see were we stand with the freshmen

Should be back by the end of october/start of the season.

freshmen will get a lot of needed experience, but still hurts to loose your starting PG for a month+…on the bright side he would only miss about 2-3 weeks of normal practice(past October 15) so he isn’t going to be that far behind, and he alreadys knows the system, ect…could have been worse.

at least the Pigford situation is cleared up.

Let’s do the half full & half empty spins:

HF:

Mitch back by start of season, frosh guards get PT in Canuckville. CJ back in time for tough conference schedule.

HE:

Pigford’s situation signals internal troubles, no discipline or depth. Our starting PG misses the valuable extra practice time and the Canada games. Whole team suffers. We suck. Fire Lutz. Kill Plavmiss.

Does that about cover it all?

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Sep 20 2004, 02:38 PM [b] Should be back by the end of october/start of the season. [/b]
Not a good start at all. He needs the time running this team. First game is Nov 19th. He has time. I hope it doesn't affect his shot. I heard he continued to improve over the summer. Mitch has a great attitude. I'm sure he'll be fine.

Again, I like that we have an extra 10 practices starting now and then the 3 pre-pre season exhibitions leading up to Midnight madness, Oct 15.

Btw, hit refresh while the story is loading to get through.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Sep 20 2004, 02:44 PM [b]Let's do the half full & helf empty spins:

HF:

Mitch back by start of season, frosh guards get PT in Canuckville. CJ back in time for tough conference schedule.

HE:

Pigford’s situation signals internal troubles, no discipline or depth. Our starting PG misses the valuable extra practice time and the Canada games. Whole team suffers. We suck. Fire Lutz. Kill Plavmiss.

Does that about cover it all?[/b]

IMO, you forgot one thing on the half empty side:

Mitch’s broken hand in a pickup game is REALLY a cover up. “Reality” is that is injury is from another incident because of poor team chemistry. It all started during the 1st incident at the CUSA tourney in Louisville a couple of years ago and hasn’t been resolved yet.

Sorry, but the glass wasn’t quite empty yet. Now it is. :lol:

I think you knocked the glass over.

Ugh… I hope his shot and ball handling are not affected after he returns. :mellow:

No freshmen pg’s please, I can’t handle it. Especially against UAB, Lou and Cinci, I will have to turn the game off.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Sep 20 2004, 02:44 PM [b] HE:

Does that about cover it all? [/b]

:lol: :smirk:

So true…

Lutz probably broke Baldwin’s hand. He had seen all he could take of that crooked-armed jumper he could stand and snapped.

I talked to Mitch on AIM a little while ago. He said he hopes to be back in 3-4 weeks, per the doctor’s diagnosis. Just broke it in a pick up game. Seemed to be in good spirits.